The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fergie that's a bummer about the decals, i'd be i tad upset if it were me, Any pictures of you in the Santa suit

Steve B said:
Fergie that's a bummer about the decals, i'd be i tad upset if it were me, Any pictures of you in the Santa suit

AHhhh Yes buthere is a silver lining to this MESS:D I sent plees for help to Bob Boudreau (Railphotog) and others the other night and he came back after he posted a question on the CN SiG site. Turns out Micro Scale makes a set for CN Passenger Locos and I was able to order 2 sets (1 extra just in case)through my LHS.

As for the Santa Pics I'm sure they are out there as I was already Voluntold for next year. One kid told her mother that he knew there was Santa imposters but I was the real one as I had Mrs. Santa (wife Lisa) and Elf (son No. 2) with me.

Any how It's getting on and almost 4 AM here so I'll sign off for now.

Later
all

Fergie

Good morning everyone!

Flo, how about a stack of pancakes and a pot of java?

Buuuurrr. It's not supposed to get this cold in the South. :eek: I'm glad to see the sun shining thru.

Rex, Is everything still set for Saturday? I hope so, we're looking forward to seeing everyone and running a few trains. Mind if we bring a loco or two and a throttle?

Mornin' Flo. Good hot cup of joe, if ya please. Follow that with some real nice scrambled eggs and cheese.

Rex; Got home last night, and son was playing on my computer. Downloading some of his "alternative music". They must call it "alternative" as it is an alternative to good music. Anyway when he finished, and I finally got on-line, somehow he had successfully destroyed my in-box. The computer started rebuilding it, but its not doing it right as it was up to over 2200 emails in the cache. I only had 150 in there to begin with. I never could get on line at home, and just for the heck of it I'm gonna let it rebuild the cache while I ain't home and see what happens.

Flo, gimme a cup to go and make it a good hot one. Gonna pour it over my trucks motor and see if that'll warm it up faster......Flo, what are ya doin', Iwas only kiddin'. Put down that frying pan Flo.....Flo....FLO!.. Uhhh, anybody got any asp'rin?... tylenol? ...morephine?...

Hi Gang! Flo, if Eric hasn't drank all the coffee, I'll have a pot. Go ahead a slap a burger on the grill while you are at it.

I started out the morning on the run. The wife rudely awaken me yelling that there was water all over the utility room. Nope, nothing frozen...just a 'busted' water heater:eek: . That is my project for the day. I went and bought a new one so I had better get to the grunt part.

Eric: Yes sir, we are still on for Saturday. Heck, I wouldn't have a choice anyhow because CJ wants to show off the handlaid turnouts he has built for me:D . Is 10:30 still a good time? Please bring anything you want to run and an extra throttle would be good (I should have enough rolling stock). Will Ray be coming with you?

CJ: I told you that noise (alternative racket) was bad. Even your computer had a breakdown trying to deal with it.

Fergie: When I went to buy my water heater, I stopped by the paint department and looked at their color charts. I believe that I have picked up some goooood colors for Teffy to use when painting your loco. Some of the new colors sure are wild, but would add a lot of life to a loco instead of the boring black. I need to send KenL a sample and see what he thinks. :p

Hello All, glad you got sorted out with Decals Fergie, they are quite hard to find here, you have no option but to get them mail order, there is a shop in Scotland that sells anything you want.

Rexthat's not the best way to get woken up, i'm with you on this one as i'm just going outside in the dark to shift around 300 Gallons from around my new extension, the building inspectors coming soon to look at the new sewer pipes i layed, trouble is they are under 2ft of water so it's out with the pump

Hi all Stopped and saw ken saturday hes got a great layout still in the construction mode but boy is it hugh its going to be a great layout when done.

Not much happening here Talk to you all later

RexHea said:
Hi Gang! Flo, if Eric hasn't drank all the coffee, I'll have a pot. Go ahead a slap a burger on the grill while you are at it.

Fergie: When I went to buy my water heater, I stopped by the paint department and looked at their color charts. I believe that I have picked up some goooood colors for Teffy to use when painting your loco. Some of the new colors sure are wild, but would add a lot of life to a loco instead of the boring black. I need to send KenL a sample and see what he thinks. :p

Why am I Picturing something from the 60's? Please don't make it look like the Partridge Family School Bus:eek:

Good Luck with the Water Heater as I had to replace mine four years ago. I was smart though because when I hooke up the new one I put in isolation ball valves and Quick Disconnect collars. Next time the thing needs replaced it should only take an hour or two:D Keyword being "should".

Steve: If you're looking for decals try these two sites

www.TMRDistributing.com

www.microscale.com

Later everyone

Fergie

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:

I started out the morning on the run. The wife rudely awaken me yelling that there was water all over the utility room. Nope, nothing frozen...just a 'busted' water heater:eek: . That is my project for the day. I went and bought a new one so I had better get to the grunt part.

Eric: Yes sir, we are still on for Saturday. Heck, I wouldn't have a choice anyhow because CJ wants to show off the handlaid turnouts he has built for me:D . Is 10:30 still a good time? Please bring anything you want to run and an extra throttle would be good (I should have enough rolling stock). Will Ray be coming with you?

CJ: I told you that noise (alternative racket) was bad. Even your computer had a breakdown trying to deal with it.

Hi Rex. It looks like I'll be there as well.If it's not much trouble,could you send me some directions,I have asked CJ,but two sets are better than one.Look foward to seeing you again sir.Take care.William.

Rex, 10:30 will be fine. I'm not sure if Ray is gonna make it yet. He wants to but things at work might have him tied up Saturday. Hopefully he can come.

I could probably use the directions too...:eek:

William/Carey, If some one wants to ride with us, let me know.

Gman;

Figures Ray won't make it as I think he's scared to see something like this. You, LGM, William, Someone you haven't met yet, Rex and I. Boy, what a combination. Could be the good, the bad, and the uglies!!!:D:D (Notice I didn't say which was which).

Rex;

Too bad about the HWH. Mine busted out last year and completely flooded the basement. Turned out it was just the draincock that trashed. It was made of plastic and over the years, (less than fifteen), the hot water caused it to turn brittle and it gave up the ghost. Took longer to go to the HoDo to buy a short brass draincock than it actually took to replace.:rolleyes:

Rex - about the hot water heater: I feel your pain. How much you ask? ~$700, that's what I just paid 3 weeks ago for my new water heater, installation included. [I'm "plumbing challenged", don't trust myself with a blowtorch in tight confines...:eek: ]

. . .
It's past my bedtime, I gotta go, g'nite yall!

Cjcrescent said:
Gman;

Figures Ray won't make it as I think he's scared to see something like this. You, LGM, William, Someone you haven't met yet, Rex and I. Boy, what a combination. Could be the good, the bad, and the uglies!!!:D:D (Notice I didn't say which was which).

Ray may make it yet. He started a new job a short time ago and they do have a legit problem right now. We'll see, he said he'd love to go.

Either way, we're ready for the road trip! :cool:

Good Morning Guys and Gals! This is a morning for some scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage gravy over a big cathead biscuit, and what the heck...throw on a big slice of ham.

Well, the water heater is in and working. I like to have never got the pipe nipple fittings tight enough. I was worried that I would over torque them, but that wasn't going to happen. I haven't bought a new water heater in many years and this thing has more info and warning stickers on it than a NASCAR racing car.:D It took only 40 minutes to heat up 40 gallons of cold water to the desired 'barely ouch' temp. Hopefully, this one should be more efficient than the old one and maybe save a bit on the gas bill.

Steve: How did the drainage go? Did you get it ready in time for the inspectors?

Fergie: Close guess! You know the colorful VW minibus of the 60's? What a pallet of color! Weren't they great? They called it art, but today I think they call that graffiti. :D :p BTW:You may suggest a favorite to the committee.

KenL: The 40 gal gas water heater and fittings were almost $400. I did the work myself as all the connections were flex pipe and I didn't have to sweat any copper joints. The only problem was getting the pipe nipples to sealoff on the tank. Thank goodness!

William:Glad you will make it over Saturday. I can't find your email address, but will send you directions via the forum.

GM: I will send your directions reg email. Hope Ray can make it. If not, maybe another time when you an LGM are coming over.

Now I have to start cleaning up the mess so you fellows will be able to walk around the layout :( :p :D

Afternoon coffee clubbers. Big cup for me please! I'm about to fall asleep!;);) What a boring day at work. My department is currently undergoing a periodic audit for the year. Since its "Quality Control" and "Customer Relations", everyone but me is busy with the audit. The auditors spent a grand total of five minutes with me. And that was about 9AM this mornin'. The rest of the day I've pretty much sat here with my thumb up my....nose. :D:D Boy I hate days like this. Would rather go home and do nothing than to sit at a desk and do nothing.:(:(:(

Hey Sabrina, thought I would stop by and see whazup. Looks like it's just you and me kid.;) How about a nice cold lemonade to quinch my thirst? Finally got up and posted some more changes to my plan for the ACRR. Yeah, thats right. Made more changes. Been drawing on this plan for the better part of five years, if not longer. Yep, sure did, placed it over in the layout plans section. Still is basic concept and overall plan I started on way back when. It will be nice to see a train snaking up that nolix to the second level!:p But I have always said that a plan is just a guideline and not very many ever get followed to the inch as drawn. Its gonna be fun to see it develop.

Well, thanks for the lemonade, and I'll see yall tomorrow.

Sorry to overhear your conversation, CJ. Didn't you see me over here in the corner? Sure been lonesome in here. Where is everyone?

Welp! I finished my Hot Chocolate so I guess I'll wander over to the layout plans section and see what's new. :rolleyes: :D

CJ & Rex, I'd have gladly joined you guys here last night if not for a major 'non-MRR' committment: My teenage daughter's school was having a special ceremony to present class rings, lasted til 10pm (including the reception).

More snow's coming our way, 3-6" and the local radio stations are making a major hoopla out of it. The kids will get a day off, but I won't - so no extra MRR time for me...

Ken:
3-6" huh? Must be nice. Down here in Bama, we've been in a dry cycle on snow/ice for several years.:( We used to get snow/ice at least once a year. It wasn't much 2-3" or so. Then in 1993 in March we got "The Blizzard". I had 22" of snow in my yard. Since then there was one real light dusting in 1998, and a bad iceing in 1996. Nothing since then.:mad: I probably could say we haven't really been cold at all during the past five winters. This year definitely looks different. It hasn't been this cold this early in ages! This morning Amarillo, TX is below zero! :eek:Even the local weather guys are already talking about a snow/ice threat for a week from today. I'm not even gonna mention whats on several of the long range weather models out there for Christmas here. Wouldn't wanna get anyone's hopes up.;) If ya can't tell, weather is another pasttime I dabble in.

Well gotta go to work. I'll stick my head in time to time, and see what's going on. CU.

Hello all you guys and gals
i'm only in for a quick one, i am taking the wife out in half an hour, this is the first time we have been out in TWO years without the kids, i kid you not. I am having the mixed MEGA grill,:D :eek: :D it's a big plate of everything tasty, YUM YUM YUM.
Rex i never got the building inspector out, the garden was flooded big time, we are trying for tommorow again now the sun's come out to play
Fergie thats a good web site, we have a microscale dealer in Scotland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back