The BOeC

Since I got the sky backdrop (thanks zoegraf) I've cut
out the contour of another backdrop I have to see if they
would blend together.

201122195620_33.JPG

201122195652_44.JPG

20112219578_55.JPG

Not quite what I had in mind but seems ok for now.

Since I got the sky backdrop (thanks zoegraf) I've cut
out the contour of another backdrop I have to see if they
would blend together.

201122195620_33.JPG

201122195652_44.JPG

20112219578_55.JPG

Not quite what I had in mind but seems ok for now.

I hope you don't mind, but I adjusted your photo to bring out the sky more and lighten up the loco. If you like I can put it on your post.
By the way, nice looking loco!

Notice in your background that the fire escape and chimney are casting shadows on the bldg. Now if you could light your loco so that shadows from the handrails appear on the front of your loco on the same angle, your loco will blend in nicely and you will have greater continuity.

Cheers.

I hope you don't mind, but I adjusted your photo to bring out the sky more and lighten up the loco. If you like I can put it on your post.
By the way, nice looking loco!

Notice in your background that the fire escape and chimney are casting shadows on the bldg. Now if you could light your loco so that shadows from the handrails appear on the front of your loco on the same angle, your loco will blend in nicely and you will have greater continuity.

Cheers.

Thanks zoegraf. No I do not mind at all. Thanks!
Yes, the shadow. Good point. Thanks again

Thanks zoegraf. No I do not mind at all. Thanks!
Yes, the shadow. Good point. Thanks again

I know it's easier said then done, especially with fixed backdrops.

I tried to balance the tone on the loco and BG. Also brought out some more blue in the sky to show the clouds more.
Someday I'm going to take a course on Photoshop.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks zoegraf

Good job. It did make a difference. I also noted some things
I did not like scenery wise. So will start again.

Otherwise not much happening on the layout. Weather real nice (very warm) and "he" is keeping me busy! Unless the weather is not good, he does not like to spend time in the layout room with me! haha!

Thanks zoegraf

Good job. It did make a difference. I also noted some things
I did not like scenery wise. So will start again.

Otherwise not much happening on the layout. Weather real nice (very warm) and "he" is keeping me busy! Unless the weather is not good, he does not like to spend time in the layout room with me! haha!

Nice pooch.

What did you not like about the scenery?

I'll be posting my almost finished C424 soon. I put horns (a little oversized), pilots, and a Sinclair antenna on it. Still waiting for a bell I ordered. Not 100% prototypical, but it will do until someone makes something prototypical for the 1974 era I'm now starting to collect for.

What kind of foliage are you using? It looks very full and leafy. You've done some incredible work here...thanks for sharing.

I agree with allen, and I love how you modelled the sinking turf, not something you see modelled at all.
Well done old man!

Rico posted:

I agree with allen, and I love how you modelled the sinking turf, not something you see modelled at all.
Well done old man!

Thanks Rico

However "old man" ? Hmmm! Not quite. haha!

AllenB Posted:

What kind of foliage are you using? It looks very full and leafy. You've done some incredible work here...thanks for sharing.

Thanks AllenB

Pot Planters (Michael's store) Wooland scenic fine grass, turf from Hiki, tall grass lump from Koch.

I am doing a bit more scenery (foliage, tall grass and shrubs..)at
the St-Hyacinthe [small classification] yard at the moment.

The backdrop is loosely "pin" to the wall to get a better idea how
I will blend the backdrop buildings and such.

Things are moving somewhat slowly. Anyways once it is combined with the sceniced portion
of St-Hyacinthe station (not in the pictures) it should look ok.

Basically these are "test shots" to see how things look.

Thanks for looking

Syl

Looking west towards St-Hyacinthe station

2011212173857_111.JPG

zoegraf posted

Nice pooch.

What did you not like about the scenery?

I'll be posting my almost finished C424 soon. I put horns (a little oversized), pilots, and a Sinclair antenna on it. Still waiting for a bell I ordered. Not 100% prototypical, but it will do until someone makes something prototypical for the 1974 era I'm now starting to collect for.

Thanks zoegraf. We went for a long hike in the boonies this morning.
Since he's sleeping now I scootted down to the layout room! haha:):D

Just too much "bunching" and "clumps" of grass:mad:. I removed it and put somehting else. I imagine it's harldy noticeable. Ha! Well...

Cool! I got an Altas C424 too. Back in its box until I decide what I will do with
it. Yes, to make it a "Canadian" representation there's things to correct.
You did (so far as the pics you posted) a great job. Very well balance weathering too. Nicely done!

Syl

While I ponder how to make the backdrop fit with what I have in mind.
Took some more pics of rolling stock

1111cov%20hop2.JPG

Back