The 2nd one -> Fords version!?.....[Sorry Henry!]

Hey,

- FWIW, (if anyone's still reading this nausea?), the above artwork was "ass about face" - I mirrored 'em back to where they should be and printed to "3M inkjet transparency film".

- It appears that (purely by chance!) I've got a "nice" layout from a registration perspective - Unless they line up, I get a heavy Moire pattern when I overlay the grilles :)

- The bad news is that I made it a little too big :( It'll fit (horizontally), but I was right at the limit - Rev 7 below......

Cheers,
Ian

It's back!..... [Pix to follow once I've got both ends done - Should be a duplicate of the end I'm working on, right? ;)]

Anyway, I've cut out the grille area and the "nose". Made a styrene piece to lengthen the walkway at the front - Guys can now walk all the way round behind the chrome handrail...... :)

However, I'm not sure what to do about the couplers - The mount either;

- Needs to move ~3/8" forward and use a "standard" coupler length or,
- An "extra long shank" coupler mounted as per the original.

My problem is twofold;

- The Kadee site makes my head hurt! &
- If I can find a long enough coupler will it "foul" as it comes out of the "nose"? [With apologies for my poor terminology!]

Any thoughts appreciated,
Cheers,
Ian

Any thoughts appreciated

Lacking any thoughts, I crashed on regardless;

- Cut the "noses" off, moved 'em forward and re-attached. This gave me enough room to mount some 1/4" sq styrene rod into which I tapped the requisite 2-56 hole for the coupler. The "30 series" gearbox assembly will fit, but I'm struggling to get 'em assembled.....

- Made a template for the stanchion holes and played around with different thickness brass rods - Was hoping those shown in the pix would be OK, but they're a little too heavy :(

- Next is the "skirts" below the walkway - I've now got something to glue to.

- Then start filling & sanding prior to primer.

Cheers,
Ian

Back