T Shirts and Glue

I ran across a thread here yesterday where some suggested using old t shirts and glue instead of paper towels/plaster cloth.

has anyone tried this method?

I ran across a thread here yesterday where some suggested using old t shirts and glue instead of paper towels/plaster cloth.

has anyone tried this method?
No, I have not.

I can't think of any issue there would be with using T-shirts instead of towels with the plaster, but what sort of glue are they talking about? I cannot think of any sort of glue that would make a good scenery base.

I think the post I saw said they used regular Elmer's glue, bought it in like a 5 gallon bucket. Also, I have plenty of t shirts.

I think the post I saw said they used regular Elmer's glue,
I don't think Elmer's glue would make a good scenery base. Won't it get sticky and start dissolving any time water is applied (or spilled) on it like when applying ground cover and ballast? As far as I know it can't be sculpted like foam or plaster. Then in the long term (10-20 years) it will get brittle and crack up. Lastly wouldn't that be be outrageously expensive? 4 lbs of plaster is $4.00. A gallon of glue is $20.

Back