Strip Mall project

Nice work on your strip mall. I have to ask, what's the background of the names of the businesses? I notice quite a few letters in common.

Nice work on your strip mall. I have to ask, what's the background of the names of the businesses? I notice quite a few letters in common.
Not sure what you mean?
Radio Shack of course is Radio Shack , I wanted a western type store , so I have the Southwestern Accents store , selling indian pottery etc. The Sushi place , well I like Sushi ! , a Realtor seems like a good idea to me. The sign is a real sign from LA.

Radio Shack
Sushi Palace
Sunset Park Realtors
Southwestern Accents

Sorry, it's probably the mild OCD in me. I just noticed the use of R's, S's, and P's. The A is kind of lonely! Please don't think I was trying to criticize you. You've done a great job!

Very nice, I like it. Now If I could only build one for MY layout (a layout which does not exist).

Great job, Jerry, now I can go hang out at your Radio Shack store all day. :) One of the details you need to change is the handicapped parking space. Assuming this mall is in California, the vehicle code requires a sign, a blue stripe and the handicap symbol to be stenciled on the parking space surface. We liked lots of laws in California.

Great job, Jerry, now I can go hang out at your Radio Shack store all day. :) One of the details you need to change is the handicapped parking space. Assuming this mall is in California, the vehicle code requires a sign, a blue stripe and the handicap symbol to be stenciled on the parking space surface. We liked lots of laws in California.

Actually if you look down on the parking spot , it is on the surface. And it's blue , just doesn't show up well on the asphalt. I should have thought about the blue stripe, I use handicap spaces for my wife. Actually my layout is more New Mexico/Texas , maybe it should be in Spanish as well. ! And guys, any commentary is good , it help me make it more realistic, thanks to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry,
I can just see that handicap symbol on the pavement now that you pointed it out. Another section of the vehicle code required that the symbol be on a white background if it was stenciled on asphalt. I don't know what other states require. Heck, half the time down here it's just a blue stripe and you're supposed to guess which side is for the handicapped. :) Anyway, just yanking your chain on a small detail. The whole project has come out really good.

Actually after the first post , I re-did it with a white background , I should have known better. And the stripe is now blue. Heck , gotta get those details right, or the long arm of the law will come, I think he just arrived.

cops.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work, Jerry. I'm glad to see you are now in compliance with the law and you have your occupancy permit. :)

It looks great maybe you should add a few coke machines too other than that can't think of anything too major it needs.

MAN THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

I think aside from the small details that you said you would get to later, all you need is a parking space for mothers of small children...Many stores in PA have those, as well as Handicapped spots...

And if you park a car in one...dont forget the carseat...

Justin

Back