SSR units in SK

Outback

Low Budget & Old School
Shot these today near Sedley SK

p_000652.jpg

Stewart Southern Railway

Excerpt from Progressive Railroading...

"Privately owned by a group of local and international investors, the railroad operates 82 miles of track between Richardson and Stoughton that Stewart Southern Railway purchased from Canadian Pacific this summer.

The short line “is essential” to the operation of Fill-More Seeds Inc., which has three facilities along the railroad’s track, said Blair Stewart, general manager of Stewart Southern Railway and part owner/GM of Fill-More Seeds, in a prepared statement.

“Our main objective is to ensure the long-term viability of this new short line and to promote rail service to customers and communities along the track,” he said."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly sure what they are but I will be down that highway again come spring on a regular basis so may have a chance at some better shots in the future.

There was also a CPR GOAT sitting at Fillmore that day. First time I've ever seen one, but by the time I realised it was not your usual beast it was too late to get the camera in operation while moving 115 KMH.

Nice to see that they got corporate colors and lettering instead of rag tag lease power.

Nice catch! They look like 6 axle units.
Having a hard time getting a shortline started here, might have to do a road trip out to Sedley.
115K huh? In a Freight Shaker?

LOL @ Frieght Shaker. I drive a real truck!

I run an 06 Pete with twin turbos. Its all white, chrome, and clear w/ green lights in the air filters. We call it the 'Ghost'.

This is it the morning after a snowstorm...

p_00084.png

Ah, I was going by the flat top air cleaner and the shape of the hood.
Good looking truck, well from what I see sticking out of the snow!

Nice pics of the SSR.
I wonder if there is anything on the internet on this newer railroad, I will have to look and find out.

Here's some I shot today at Filmore SK. This time I stopped the truck and got out to shoot with my cell phone. Apologies for the un positioned snap shot style, it was -28 with a wind chill making it close to -40 and I had a schedule to keep.

p_00063.jpg

p_00064.jpg

p_00065.jpg

p_00068.jpg

My truck... again lol...

p_000663.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That fourth shot looks like the beginning of another runaway train movie!
First units I've seen without numbers on the sides.
That seed plant would be a great industry to model too.
Nice shots!

Back