shunting tractor video...

tooter

play every day
Video of a Rivarossi shunting tractor pulling some Rix ingot buggies... :)

[YOUTUBE]Jwv3lBxpOZE[/YOUTUBE]

Whoa that is awesome Greg! Looks like a smooth runner too.
So following your "Scooter" thread I notice that you're getting smaller and smaller... so where do you go from from here, a powered axle with a coupler??

I believe that the shunting tractor is about as small as you can go in HO. It even makes the little caboose look long...;)
IMG_5158.jpg

I searched for the best price and found it on sale at Eurolokshop.com for $90.

They're the same seller I got the Glaskasten loco, and they also had the best price on that one. which was only $22 more than a used loco which just sold on ebay. So naturally Eurolokshop gets my recommendation. I watch their website now for anything new that's interesting as they consistently offer the best prevailing prices on European trains. Everything they ship arrived promptly and was impeccably packaged.

Ironically, the loco is made in China which is a plus as far as I'm concerned. The assembly is as close to perfect as you can physically get, and even though it's has only run a few minutes and is nowhere near being broken in, it runs very smooth right out of the box. :)

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i will be on lookout

although bit more modern, this piece might be of interest for you as well Greg.
http://www.broadway-limited.com/trackmobileho.aspx

anyone seen these for sale anywhere?

I've seen DC Trackmobiles go for around $65 on ebay. I don't like their looks, too modern, but that's just personal taste. Saw a Breuer on ebay once, but it was $125.

I'm always on the lookout for small nonstandard oddball specialized industrial engines and rolling stock, and have found that frequently ebay can be beat simply by finding a discount retailer. Some European sellers are outrageously expensive...

...which is why I've been so pleased to deal with Eurolokshop. :)

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back