Show us your pets!

I should have taken a picture. I made a friend this past weekend. Cooler weather came back with the rain. We have a wetland area near the house, and always have tree frogs and Spring Peepers all around.

I spied a small tree frog, and picked it up. It must have liked the warmth of my hand, because that little frog wouldn't leave me alone, lol. I tried to put it down a few times, but it kept jumping back into my hand.

I finally got it to like a warm spot on the wall behind the security light... lots of bugs there too.

There are only four venomous snakes native to the US I had all four Rattlesnakes the most common and they have about 30 or so sub species
But also had others as you can see Total number in house can't find my records right now but about 170 +
And milking them about every 60 days some snakes once a week
And any snake venom is expensive Thousands of dollars per gram
Most expensive Deathstalker Scorpion $39 Million per gallon Never tried it myself snakes yes those little creepy things pass
And fortunately, none of them live this far north. The furthest north for any of them is the Sandhill WRA in the southwest corner of the county, about 1/2 hour away.

Been Hatching out New Pets this year I’m up to 18. Had 4 Hatch this week
79C446C0-C0BD-4192-8218-FCF24EBA2B3D.jpeg
8203DFFF-260C-41A1-8670-3DB500098C8A.jpeg
8CF79CBF-0D92-40BD-AEF3-3E9AAA276C5A.jpeg
64176A84-08F4-4CD2-9474-925D1777E11F.jpeg
71397411-E452-42D0-921E-1D2C29081E8A.jpeg

We have a Tractor Supply not far from us who sell Chicks and Ducks (I think) Each time we go there, my wife wants us to get some. I would but living in the sticks with foxes, coyotes etc running around the place, I wouldn't want to be responsible for them if you know what I mean.

We have a Tractor Supply not far from us who sell Chicks and Ducks (I think) Each time we go there, my wife wants us to get some. I would but living in the sticks with foxes, coyotes etc running around the place, I wouldn't want to be responsible for them if you know what I mean.
I understand I fight them once in awhile had to put a top on my Chicken pen because of raccoons and Foxes.

I understand I fight them once in awhile had to put a top on my Chicken pen because of raccoons and Foxes.
Lee: Yup, around here you also need fencing on the bottom of the scratch pen. I.E the whole thing needs to be enclosed in metal. That plastic stretch fence/guard won't work on the top as smaller birds just chew through it trying to get to the feed. Then bigger birds can get in and grab chicks. Fence underneath keeps the skunks out as they know how to dig. Couple of years ago Maria hatched a few goslings. Went out one day and found them all 'headless'. Skunk(s) apparently reached in through the fencing getting the head out and bit them off. So, this time smaller fencing near the ground. Once they are big enough to start laying, we let them out during the day as what bug killers they are. Have not had any problems with Hawks or Eagles swooping in for a free dinner. In fact, if you get a goose it will sound the alarm when something is flying over and everybody goes running for cover.

Later

Lee: Yup, around here you also need fencing on the bottom of the scratch pen. I.E the whole thing needs to be enclosed in metal. That plastic stretch fence/guard won't work on the top as smaller birds just chew through it trying to get to the feed. Then bigger birds can get in and grab chicks. Fence underneath keeps the skunks out as they know how to dig. Couple of years ago Maria hatched a few goslings. Went out one day and found them all 'headless'. Skunk(s) apparently reached in through the fencing getting the head out and bit them off. So, this time smaller fencing near the ground. Once they are big enough to start laying, we let them out during the day as what bug killers they are. Have not had any problems with Hawks or Eagles swooping in for a free dinner. In fact, if you get a goose it will sound the alarm when something is flying over and everybody goes running for cover.

Later
Yes if you live far out in the country you have to fortify your coop. I have some Cooper Hawks all over my house I like that there here they keep the rodents in check but I’m kinda nervous about free ranging during the day lije you because there always around.

And dogs
had 5 dobermans these are 2 sisters
I had a brown Doberman. His name was Thunder. Best ball playing dog I could imagine and great sportsmanship too. We would play wallball for hours. I threw the ball against the wall, and we would compete to see who could get it. He always let go if I got my hand on the ball first. If he got to it first, he would immediately give it to me to throw again.

What about now, do you like me now?View attachment 168261
That is hey look I bought you lunch, my aunts used to have mice gifted to her in her bath tub cat knew they could not escape, and one my long gone tabby knocked on the patio in a similar manner with a large pheasant baby like y times that you have and after being ignored he went quiet and I looked out to see two feet left outside his mouth, there was a thought in my mind
1. Waste not want not
2. B E l c h !
amazingly he was not hungry that night.
of all the cats I have owned he was without my doubt my favourite tiger by name and twiggy by nature
cuddly loveable never scratched excellent mouser and ratter and always game to play with a piece of string

Attachments

• 2009 0701 tiger portrait.jpeg
    2009 0701 tiger portrait.jpeg
    488.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 2009 0701 tiger back.jpeg
    2009 0701 tiger back.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 2007 0601 1st june tiger stroke me NOW.jpeg
    2007 0601 1st june tiger stroke me NOW.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 70
That is hey look I bought you lunch, my aunts used to have mice gifted to her in her bath tub cat knew they could not escape, and one my long gone tabby knocked on the patio in a similar manner with a large pheasant baby like y times that you have and after being ignored he went quiet and I looked out to see two feet left outside his mouth, there was a thought in my mind
1. Waste not want not
2. B E l c h !
amazingly he was not hungry that night.
of all the cats I have owned he was without my doubt my favourite tiger by name and twiggy by nature
cuddly loveable never scratched excellent mouser and ratter and always game to play with a piece of string
I guess that explains your avatar. Mine is called Utah and many times she stays outside for the night-her choice. If she sleeps inside, she goes "to work" in the morning when i go to work. She's up for playing also, i chase her around the room and she goes under the couch, when i go in the kitchen, she sticks out her head to see where i am, if i chase her again she jumps under couch again. When i come back from work she chases my car in the driveway and many times jumps on the hood and waits
20230427_193403.jpg

Back