Show us your pets!

Pets: Don't know if I have posted this before or not. Our Blue Healer; Nina - she is now near 18Yo and starting to fail. We are hoping that she just 'does not wake up' one morning. She completely deaf, is not in pain, has a cough and still has bright eyes. Has been a wonderful dog over the years. Have a really old pix of her when she was a few weeks old. Can't seem to find it just now as it is in the 'somewhere' place.
She definitely is a truck dog. She would put her 'lead' in our lap when it was time to pee. She would start fidgeting after we were on home time a day or so of when we were to go back. Dog knew it was time. Jumped into and out of the cab with no help. Had to get her a hot dog almost every time we hit a truck stop ( me too ). Loved chicken strips from Hardee's ( Carl's Junior West of the Mississippi ); hmmm, maybe that is the other way around?

1202181510c.jpg

Later

And dogs
had 5 dobermans these are 2 sisters

Attachments

• 33C81C17-C34B-4E5B-8CE1-C093D63B76B8.jpeg
    33C81C17-C34B-4E5B-8CE1-C093D63B76B8.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 93
  • 0C1BC17B-DD8D-4C66-AB54-820A86B66227.jpeg
    0C1BC17B-DD8D-4C66-AB54-820A86B66227.jpeg
    641.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 559BC914-67C8-481C-AFAD-61CC0F05E7F5.jpeg
    559BC914-67C8-481C-AFAD-61CC0F05E7F5.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 88
  • FE4F762B-C961-493C-B098-E9E3E0AE1CDC.jpeg
    FE4F762B-C961-493C-B098-E9E3E0AE1CDC.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 90
Sadly, we had to put our furbaby down last month. she was somewhere between 10-14(she adopted us about 8 years ago & immediately bonded with me at the shelter). All of a sudden, she completely lost her vision. she was running into walls, and couldn't find her food our water. When I placed her direct in front of her water dish, she couldn't find the level until I filled it almost to the top. She was so beneficial to us, especially with my health issues, that we don't know if we'll get another cat. Certainly not for a while if we do.

Is that Cobra de-fanged? Are you getting ready to milk it? Or something else? I love snakes, but I like to avoid the venomous ones, lol.

Or is that some sort of mimic that is really not dangerous?

Is that Cobra de-fanged? Are you getting ready to milk it? Or something else? I love snakes, but I like to avoid the venomous ones, lol.

Or is that some sort of mimic that is really not dangerous?
Nope none of my snakes were de-fanged they were all venomous Sold the venom for medical purposes The cobra was the easiest to handle The height of there head from the floor was their striking distance and they are slow My wife wouldn't come within 10 mi of the snake house
Then after my second bite put me in hospital for 10 days she said either them or her I kinda looked at her and went hmmm got punched sold the whole operation
and no not a mimic real thing

Attachments

• Scan-120918-0185.jpg
    Scan-120918-0185.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 84
This is my riot of a cat, Biscuit...

20210112_075010.jpg

I rehomed him 3 years ago after he was found tied up in a backpack in the street. He's a great cat, his personality is incredible, he makes no secret of wanting to kill me at every moment, unless I'm feeding him of course.

This little guy helped me through lockdown!

I thought it looked legit, and I saw many other boxes. How often do you milk the venom? How many different species did you keep?
There are only four venomous snakes native to the US I had all four Rattlesnakes the most common and they have about 30 or so sub species
But also had others as you can see Total number in house can't find my records right now but about 170 +
And milking them about every 60 days some snakes once a week
And any snake venom is expensive Thousands of dollars per gram
Most expensive Deathstalker Scorpion $39 Million per gallon Never tried it myself snakes yes those little creepy things pass

Rattle
Coral
Copperhead
Cottonmouth

Are those the 4? I imagine Coral snakes are hard to milk compared to the large fanged cousins. I love snakes, and will pick one up in the wild, at least here in my back yard, where none of the above live, lol! I see mostly Garters, Water snakes and the occasional Fox Snake. The last time I found a fox snake, I handled it for a few hours before letting it go. They become quite tame fairly quickly, as opposed to the water snakes that seem to be pissed off no matter what, lol!

Geesh, sitting on the porch after playing in the yard I grabbed the camera and got some shots you may like:

Bob - the new mower operator!
IMGP0663.JPG

Then Muffin of which she should have been named 'Linus' as we have never seen a cat that is not clean.
IMGP0666.JPG

Callie in the tractor bucket. Her colors did not come out as good as I hoped. Tried for another pix but she was nowhere to be seen. Maybe later.
IMGP0667.JPG

And then there is Lizzy - Nina's ( above a couple of postings prior ) daughter.
IMGP0668.JPG

Later

Back