Show us your mobile home/trailer parks

That's like asking a tornado to hit your layout! All ya need is to add pink flamingos and your doomed!

I can jump in here. A long time ago on a far away train layout, there was an evil helix. When the helix worked all was well in the galaxy. When the helix did not work well, then the galaxy was pissed. One evening after three nights of relaying track in the evil helix and having little if any success, the galaxy took a chain saw and cut out the evil helix and threw it into the front yard. The evil helix spontaneously combusted and was burning quite well until the galactic police arrived and requested the fire be put out. So I was left with a two level layout that no longer was connected and a really big hole in the back end of it. So I added a second level which resulted in longer mainline runs and a new industry and a long climbing horse shoe kinda curve that connected the second and third levals together. After leaving the curve unadorned for a couple of years I stumbled upon a box of resin mobile homes at a train show. The price was right, 30 bucks, and the rest as they say is history. The whole area is known as Nob's Hollow and as you can see the top mobile homes are kept in good repair. And yes those are Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Johnny Lightning cars in use. I am cheap, I like them and its my mobile home park.....

....and as you can see things definitely get worse as you closer to the bottom of Nob's Hollow. In case you are wondering the bottom trailer is Nob's humble abode. I am still looking for a satillite dish and a chicken house. And hopefully the roof and tarp and tires will hold up till more tin comes....

Not exactly a full blown trailer park, but the orange grove caretaker and his family live in this trailer:

HOTrailerPark.jpg

HO_Orange.jpg

Barry,
My intent was not to knock those who live in "Mobile Home Parks" but to point out that no matter how much effort the residents put into making their community look nice there is always at least one home that has that "Lived In" look so to speak. It never ceases to amaze me....

Barry,
My intent was not to knock those who live in "Mobile Home Parks" but to point out that no matter how much effort the residents put into making their community look nice there is always at least one home that has that "Lived In" look so to speak. It never ceases to amaze me....

LOL, Ive wanted to go get pics for inspiration, but have been quite afraid to.

So my question has always been, if you live in one of these things and buy a Lincoln Navigator, does that qualify as a room addition?;)

Gary I can remember one night a few years ago being dispatched to a mobile home fire at one of the numerous parks that surround Carlisle and when we arrived on the engine the mobile home was well involved. The homeowner was a bit more concered that we keep the fire from spreading to the pair of Mercedes parked beside his home than protecting his neighbors homes. I guess its one of things that make you go...HMMMMMM??:eek:

Now I know you guys didn't mean to knock people who live in mobile homes. Alls I gots to say is, "It's paid for!!!" Maybe some time I will post a picture of my mobile home, 1:1 scale that is :)

Now I know you guys didn't mean to knock people who live in mobile homes. Alls I gots to say is, "It's paid for!!!" Maybe some time I will post a picture of my mobile home, 1:1 scale that is :)

Not knocking em at all. If I had my choice between suburbia hell and livin in a mobile home on several acres out in the sticks..I would choose the mobile any day.

Absolutely not....I was just commenting on the human condition....and I agree with Adurbin. As long as there is good fishin water nearby, a mobile home would do just fine.

No, I not knocking mobile home dwellers. I've seen people that make me shake my head in wonder living most everywhere. I know everyone has their own priorities and having the roof over your head paid for is as good as any. Just seems odd when you have a luxury car and minimalistic living accommodations. Hey, I spend my spare cash on model trains, who am I to talk?

Icheymon,

You noted:
"I am still looking for a satillite dish..."

What if you very carefully cut off the end of a kids' plastic Easter egg, attached it to a post, then got a straight pin and cut off the head and a little bit of the shaft to represent the antenna in the middle of the (Easter egg) dish?

Just thinkin' a little...

Regards
Tom Stockton

Back