Shorty Transfer Caboose...

tooter

play every day
Built a little shorty transfer caboose from a 40 foot flatcar and a work caboose. Shortened the flat down to 22 scale feet...

IMG_4158.jpg

Then trimmed the roof on the work caboose cab and put it on...

IMG_4161.png

IMG_4162.jpg

It's just HO and not true narrow gauge... but it's way too small for the regular railroad section. ;)

Nice job on both, cool!
If you loose the "stove pipe" brakewheel and add a smaller one you'll have a great litle 'boose!

Nice job on both, cool!
If you loose the "stove pipe" brakewheel and add a smaller one you'll have a great litle 'boose!

Yeah, I rally gotta do something about that. It was made from a cheap ModelPower flat car. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I rally gotta do something about that. It was made from a cheap ModelPower flat car. :rolleyes:

Knew it looked familiar :rolleyes:. Your right, theyre pretty bad on some details but overall I liked the look of it. Your version looks good though, the 3 axle flat reminds me of a scale test car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a bunch of old metal 6 wheel trucks off ebay for raw materials. Made a set of heavy duty log buggies out of one pair...

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

I like short wheelbased engines and rolling stock, because they can easily negotiate very small radius curves. This is 12 inch...
IMG_4168.jpg

Tooter you should do a whole thread on your stuff, kindve like Larry is doing with his layout. Itd be neat to see some of your work.

Thanks, for the kind words, Littlefoot... I will. It'll be here in narrow gauge because everything will be really small and almost no one posts here anyways. ;)

The few projects so far have all been pretty simple because I've only been modelling for about 4 months and don't even have a layout. :eek:

Greg

Back