Shelf for models of plywood

rustam

Hello! I hasten to show you his work;-) This is a shelf for models of plywood.
I got a good salesman plywood. He cut the plywood in the photo.
I did not have exact dimensions, but he understood me;-)

Cuts I took with me to the country house. And there I myself continued to work on a shelf.
Well, tonight I hung the shelf ... and the model are arranged;-)
In general there is still work to fill the shelf;-))))

Just put some edging on it and a good colour stain and you'll have a professional storage case. Looks really good and well made.

Jim

Those look great!!! Are the shelves 1x4" or 1x3"? If their 1x4, you can put a piece of 1" thick x 2" wide foam in the back to elevate that row so you can show off both rows.;)
I scored some just like that from video warehouse a few years back. They threw out about 30 of them and I only took 6.:D
Mine are 8' long, 39" high (originally 6'), and the shelves are 1x4 spaced 4" apart after filling in the 8.75" that the dvd's stood in, that gives me 8 inside shelves and one on top, which makes for excellent display and storage of HO scale.
I can put 12 across, 2 deep, 4 bay centerflows or 7 across, 2 deep enclosed autoracks on one shelf.:cool:
Now you just gotta find the perfect spot to put it so that everyone will see them. OOps, didnt see the last pic before commenting. lol:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends! Thank you for the evaluation of my work and for your advice!
I am very interested to know how to tell you about my work.
In a way, I looking several options. It was the Atlas code 83 and code 100 Fleischmann finished ballast.
In our town Atlas of our hard to buy.
Fleischmann there (no questions asked!) But I somehow did not like this solution.
My model also has a great track from the PECO Code 100. I decided to do the same rails and on the shelf and on the layout. Especially since I found a very good price for the rail material from PECO.
And yet - today I'm just enjoying the models ... as they stand on a shelf, and do not lie in the box;-)

Of course I'm still going to work on that shelf. For example, I want an electrified way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good work Rustam!
I will be looking at this when I build mine!

;-0 Ready to help with advice! ;-)

I already have a desire to make another shelf.
When I do the second time, then uchtu any errors. For example, the plywood should be thicker. Here, 9 mm, and should be 10-12 mm.
And more. You need to know that you will be put on the shelf. The length and number of cars.
On a single line is placed 40 feet 7 cars.

Back