Seniority Roster! How long have you been a member here?

I've been thinking about taking all my old posts from here (6000 or so) and across the tracks (10000+) and compiling them into some sort of "model railroad info and helps from the Iron Horseman's view" thing. I mean it has been a pretty big investment in time. I've sometimes spent hours researching some responses.
If I may I would suggest your own website using Word Press or something like that. It would be a wealth of knowledge!

June 2008. I had long absent stretches. At that time, I was in two forums and one did not work out. This forum has been low key which is a nice feature. Being retired now helps with the additional spare time too.

I've been thinking about taking all my old posts from here (6000 or so) and across the tracks (10000+) and compiling them into some sort of "model railroad info and helps from the Iron Horseman's view" thing. I mean it has been a pretty big investment in time. I've sometimes spent hours researching some responses.

Ha! it would be funny just to compile my mistakes.

Interesting idea! Maybe we should create a Wiki of sorts where people could research stuff. Let's give that some thought?

We have 8,357 members, (at the time of posting) do we really ? I wonder how many are no longer active, I know @Old 97 is a recent returnee after a long respite, but nevertheless ???

We have 8,357 members, (at the time of posting) do we really ? I wonder how many are no longer active, I know @Old 97 is a recent returnee after a long respite, but nevertheless ???
If I was to estimate, I would say that there actually no more than 450 active members right now. We've been notified of the passing of some members but they are still listed as active. Jefferey is one of them, and so are recently deceased members Garry, Greg, and Eric. Occasionally I look back at older threads and see members who only posted once and disappeared, as well as members who haven't posted in 5+ years. But it doesn't detract from the overall forum experience.

If I was to estimate, I would say that there actually no more than 450 active members right now. We've been notified of the passing of some members but they are still listed as active. Jefferey is one of them, and so are recently deceased members Garry, Greg, and Eric. Occasionally I look back at older threads and see members who only posted once and disappeared, as well as members who haven't posted in 5+ years. But it doesn't detract from the overall forum experience.
I agree, some of the older threads have tons of information that I find useful today and I'm not suggesting that these threads be archived or deleted, I was simply wondering how many members we actively have.

I like this forum simply because of the small nucleus of active members we have here, I sometimes think of this forum as an extended family, stupid I know, but still........

Maybe we could change their status to "Heaven's Ride and Glide"?

If I may I would suggest your own website using Word Press or something like that. It would be a wealth of knowledge!
I've sent one of my "Wonders of the Model Railroading World" posts to a large club's monthly publication, If they like it I'll send the rest of them, and consider sending it to my NMRA region's publication. That is the easiest thing to extract. Pretty much a lift and shift.

Back