Scabbard for walk around throttle

What do you use, if anything, to park your corded remote control throttle when it is not in use?

I am using Digitraxx, DT402.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a GML DC walk around throttle and they have a peg on the back of the controller similar ti a CB radio mike. I have a number of remote places to plug in the throttle and have a mike clip at all of the remote positions.

What do you use, if anything, to park your corded remote control throttle when it is not in use?
I am wireless, but I operate on several layout that have Velcro patches on the layout fascia board what match with a similar patch on the back of the throttle.

I am wireless, but I operate on several layout that have Velcro patches on the layout fascia board what match with a similar patch on the back of the throttle.

I do the same thing only my hand helds are DC with wires. At each location where a hand held will be used I also have a jack next to the Velcro to plug in the cord. The plugs and recepticals have 4 prongs / sockets. 2 bring power to the throttle and the other 2 are output to the track.

A modified electrical outlet box. Costs about a dollar or less from local hardware store and takes about 10/15 minute with a dremel cut off wheel, a bit of paint and done.

DSCN0218_zps12947d80.jpg

David

I usually find a place to put it that I'll forget, then I have to hunt for it frantically to keep the train from running into something.

Thanks guys but I can't take credit for making it. I first saw a video on Youtube of a guy that shared the making of them. I can't remember his name and can't find the video anymore either. It was awhile back and just remembered it when I needed to make one. But that is where the idea is from.

David.

It was done by a guy who used to a member of this forum, until he got banned. It was a nasty situation, was never sure if the "episodes" was caused by alcohol, drugs, or he was mentally ill. His name on the forum IIRC, is Big Al. he's a big UP modeler.

I saw the same You Tube, and it is a very good and cheap idea, but I have a pack of pockets, similar to the ones from Micro-Mark. They're still in the bag and IIRC there are 6 in the bag. I shouldn't need any more.

Back