Saskatchewan! cars have arrived from PWRS

Frankly I think they should have been on top of this from the start. I do like NYSW's suggestion about getting them to pay for replacements though.;):p
But I wouldn't have even hesitated. They would have been on the next UPS truck going in their direction along a full refund demand.

Horror stories like this is one reason why I don't buy RTR cars.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to them today and they told me they are aware of the operational problems with the P:87 wheels, and will be offering replacement "standard" tread wheels in about 6 months time. The wheels were manufactured specifically for the truck, and I've never seen a more free-rolling wheel/truck combo. The car will roll forever... At a standstill, you can slightly blow on the car and it will move about 10 feet along a straight and level track.

So are you going to have to "eat" the cost? and will this be an additional expense for the "right" wheelsets? Thanks for your great review, sorry it was at an expense of agony. They sure do look nice though!

I was on the phone today with the president of PWRS who called me after I placed an order. I quizzed him about this post having read it a while back and he says they didn't even test the PWRS cars on Atlas track. They only tested it on PECO, Walthers code 83 and micro engineering. He said there is no problem with the cars they are just high end cars made for quality track. He said there was a few people who wanted replacement wheels and they had them made and sent out. He also told me that they will not run well on Atlas switches and track. They will fall through Atlas switches every time.

I did really want a set of these green gov of sask cars but I ended up not ordering any. Maybe next run. This is my first purchase through PWRS so we will see how it pans out.

Back