Sad news from Montreal

I was notified of this via the Scratchbuilders Guild. It is indeed a lost not just for the club, but the entire city as well. At least they were given until November 2012 to dismantle, which means a great deal of it can be salvaged, instead of destroyed.

Hopefully that comment right below the video is true, that CN can't kick them out for higher rent just b/c they want too. Hopefully these guys have lawyers that can work with them.

not sure about QC rules, but renter can choose to not continue with the lease, perhaps that Nov12 date is when the lease is up. i have a hunch that that CN followed the regulations to the T just to be on safe side. regardless it is a big shame. my wife does want to travel to Montreal, now i know what i want to see there...

while it is sad to see the club go, i was a member there from about 95 to 2000, and even back then we knew our time was coming to a end at some point. Cn today is not the same CN as years ago, diff people and their views on having a club take up rental space was less then great.
The HO club pulled a move to screw over the N track club and that lead to the Ntrack moving out. Guess the Ho club should have used that time to find a new home!

yep, thats the Ho scale Canada Central layout. I even spoted a few buildings i had built there, the yard i use to work is very differnt now.

Back