Running Distributed Power with RailPro

KB02

Just having a little fun. Thought I would share.
I know some people do this with regular DCC (and probably some do it with DC, too), but RailPro makes it so dead easy. :)

No speed matching! 😁😁😁

RailPro works on DRC (Direct Radio Control). The locos actually communicate with each other and not just the command station. Essentially, it's that same system that the real RR's use.

In a nutshell when you install the module in a loco you perform a load test and you’re done, no CV's. Its simply a matter of coupling to a car which you hold still and hitting a button on the controller. The loco revs up, spins the wheels, done.
As mentioned above the locos in the consist will now communicate with each other, “Hey you working too hard? Ok we'll pull a little harder!” Kind of thing.
The beauty of it is the controller has a screen that will show you the load, current draw, and temp of the loco while in motion.
Pretty sweet!

No speed matching! 😁😁😁

RailPro works on DRC (Direct Radio Control). The locos actually communicate with each other and not just the command station. Essentially, it's that same system that the real RR's use.
So are you able to use drive hold function. Do you have to have to use railpro decoders. I noticed the dpu engine had the lights on are you able to shut them off and if they are a pusher and you have dpu lighting.

Last edited:
Yes to independent light control, as for drive hold I’m not sure but I know you can adjust the load, as in light train or heavy train on the fly. I think that ups the revs.

Have to be honest, I had no idea what "Drive Hold" was and had to look it up. Sounds like fancy manual notching to me.

Drive hold works like the real locomotives. When drive hold is activated you can rev the engine rpm's as if to get the train moving. It can also be used after the train is moving as when the speed is set on the controller say 25 you can press drive hold and the train will maintain the speed but you can idle the sound up and down.

Back