Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie, I'm disappointed, believing a widely debunked conspiracy theory?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/23/fact-checking-trumps-latest-claims-biden-ukraine/
Post the video. Otherwise I'll assume you mean when he said he would hold up the funding to Ukraine until they dismissed the former prosecutor Viktor Shokin who was Putin's stooge from the previous Ukrainian administration that is now in asylum in Russia. Viktor Shokin prosecuted no one. Therefore if Biden's son had done anything wrong, removing Shokin would have been detrimental to Biden and his son. Check the records.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/05/world/europe/ukraine-prosecutor-trump.html
Not to mention the entire western alliance was also backing the United States in asking for the removal of the prosecutor who prosecuted no one. Viktor Shokin was largely responsible for the corruption in Ukraine, by turning a blind eye to it.

Check your facts and or your sources. If Fox and is your only outlet, watch Sheppard Smith, not Sean Hannity. Keep in mind; the only reason Fox "News" has not been sued for liable is their name is actually "Fox News and Entertainment", I hope you enjoy the show.

I try to avoid the politics in online forums (that are not political forums) but I did want to point out something: There are, however, signed statements, under penalty of perjury, that contradict the narrative that this prosecutor was not investigating anything. And it is all immaterial anyway whether he was being investigated -- what was Hunter Biden doing getting $50k a month to sit on a board of a company whose business he has no expertise in in a country he has no expertise in, and whose fatehr, at the time, was VP of the USA? And what about Hunter Biden's big China deals with companies that were under suspicion of espionage or related? Where there is smoke, there is fire, and there is a ton of smoke around Hunter and Joe Biden and their business dealings. Yet the NYT and the WP are more interested in a fake scandal (laying out all the facts and their chronology show this is a manufactured scandal by the Democrats to try and take Trump down) concerning Trump instead of the actual corruption and scheming taking place.

Btw, the NYT and WP are biased, political rags now. They have long lost any semblance to actual journalism. Their goals, under the cover of being journalists, is to take Trump down no matter what they have to say or do. And they've said a lot which is demonstrably BS (either overtly BS, or through acts of ommission -- they list a few facts but leave out all the other facts that are uncomfortably against their narrative -- this is how they usually work -- they list the few facts which they think support them and then expound upon those facts and draw conclusions on those facts, while ignoring all the other facts that don't support them and their narrative, their claims, and conclusions)

I'd suggest that we take these discussions to somewhere dedicated to politics, as politics can get heated and cause problems for friendships and relationships. I am more interested in train pics, layout pics, model pics, and train experiences than anything about Trump or Biden or the rest.

Afternoon All,

Did some chores earlier then the wife goes let's wash the cars (son's, mine, and her's). I asked if I get credit for doing all 3 by myself last time? Can you guess the answer? Yeah, I was out washing cars:rolleyes:. A friend gave me a old Stewart/Bowser Pennsy VO-1000 that he had in a box for years. After putting it on the layout I get nothing but a very low hum. It doesn't run on 00, 03, or the loco number and when looking at CV's nothing is recognized. It has TCS KA3, a speaker and all the expected wiring. It's probably going to be placed in my display shelves because if I have to put in
/replace the sound it will darn near be the cost of a new one with factory sound on Ebay.:(

TrucTrain- Nice job on the Frisco car and layout shots.

Garry- Interesting paint schemes.

Toot- Interesting NP passenger car.

Chet- Hope you made it home OK and made a lot of money.

Sherrel- Hope your back feels better. Been there, done that, have the trophy.

Beady- A option if you live in a 2 story house is a electric powered stairwell chair. My brother has one for his wife and that's what we plan on doing when we get to that stage.

20190119_151437-2016x980.jpg

20190312_142251.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Beady- A option if you live in a 2 story house is a electric powered stairwell chair. My brother has one for his wife and that's what we plan on doing when we get to that stage.

I hope everyone has a good night.
They also have stairwell lifts for wheelchairs. Problem is, though, you still have to deal with laundry, and most houses have their laundries in the basement, which would require a 2nd lift. For my money, the best arrangement is to have the laundry on the same level as the bedrooms, regardless of other arrangements.

Problem solved here. In Texas, very few homes have basements to begin with, maybe 5%. Everything in our house is on one level with two 4.5" steps up to get in. This has been a blessing for my wife who just had the knee replacement; and needs the other one done.

Now, on the ultra-modern front...
Brand-new GE Tier 4 demonstrator 2023 poses for the camera for a publicity photo while hauling a test train of converted protein gondolas. These gons are former coal gons that have been made idle by the dramatic downturn in coal demand.

IMG_5084.jpg

Howdy .....

I'm glad to se the likes and favorable comments about the Metra heritage locomotives.

Toot ...... The NP dome/coach looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Willie .... The weathered hoppers look great.

Lee .... I like your urban scene with the vintage vehicles and also the reefers.

Louis .... No Comment

Others who remarked about recent polical events....... If you want to know my views, send a PM.

Curt ...... Your PRR piggyback cars and container car look great.

Terry .... Your GE 2023 is very nice looking.

Everybody ..... Have a good evening.

Well, not much got done on the small layout today. Okay, nothing got done on the small layout today.
I hacked a decoder into a Bachmann N&W J this afternoon, and was letting it run around the layout, when my wife came in to the train room. I handed her the throttle, and she ran the train for an hour or so. Even though nothing got done, it was a good thing.

Mikey. Thanks for the complement I still enjoy taking pics of my HO layout.

PRR. Thanks for the complement your hitting my soft spot with those TrucTrain pics

Garry. Thanks for the complement I need to do some work on those city buildings though.

Thanks for all the likes and complements I Just came in from running the HO layout did some fall cleaning while running the trains.

I found this while cleaning I’ve had it for many years got it with a collection have no idea who made it or what model here’s some pics

0D79A306-F630-44AE-9D0C-67E2102E4D42.jpeg
8D3CC270-B007-43D2-9E00-01F8BC2D2905.jpeg
74B11B89-B865-4C33-9F90-754948CE0FA8.jpeg
A0143FA3-DF5D-4314-8BB6-40F399E1EC36.jpeg
632B080B-C755-4955-9270-B1F7794DA720.jpeg

Here is a picure I posted earlier in the year. The white '61 Chevy convertible looks a lot like a '62 Chevy convertible I owned many years ago.

45560106885_f2cf075a6c_k.jpg

Here is another downtown photo ....... It includes a streetcar and an Edsel .

36405476690_135e9a4aff_b.jpg
Ahh, yes. That's the picture of the previous owner of the Edsel (parked where he left it), now reduced to driving an old Dodge, trying to push it in front of the street car. And I'm not too sure what that '36 Ford is up to behind the Caddy. Is there a hump in the road?

New York Times and the Washington Post, political rags? Try not to confuse the op-ed section, with the news itself.

Even the right leaning Wall Street Journal has been out in front of this story.

I read even Tucker Carlson got this story right. I wonder if that set off a twitter tirade?

There can be smoke with no fire, when there is not enough oxygen to burn the fuel completely.

The main things that separates our democratic republic from all other governments is the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press.

Our President has succeeded in diminishing faith in our newspapers and other media outlets. That tactic is right out of the playbook of would be dictators.

Soviet era tactic, when confronted with an accusation, don't answer to the accusation. Accuse the accuser, "but what about what you did"

These and other "school yard bully" tactics make me wonder why? With all the smoke coming from the white house it will soon, metaphorically speaking, look like August 24th, 1814.

Could Mitt Romney be the only remaining republican who has not soiled himself?

Good evening fellers. Had an adventure this weekend. I finally made it down to Prince, WV for a little rail fan adventure yesterday. Didn't get any photos of the depot. Having our son fussing in the back seat due to the truck not moving I ended up having to leave. Ofcourse right before a train came through as well. So kind of a bummer there but I suppose its perks of being a parent. Suppose I could have gotten him out of his car seat. However it would make it harder to put him back in as experience has taught me that he will fuss worse and for a longer period of time if you take him out and put him back in after such as short time. Anyways my parent experiences aside. I have some rail pics to share.
14982359846_71d25f8171_b.jpg
35108527490_13d87cf5fe_b.jpg
996-55141v1_20140715.jpg

Now, on the ultra-modern front...
Brand-new GE Tier 4 demonstrator 2023 poses for the camera for a publicity photo while hauling a test train of converted protein gondolas. These gons are former coal gons that have been made idle by the dramatic downturn in coal demand.

View attachment 40220
Terry- Coal never dies,it's alive and well on the club layout.:)
Justin- Love the Chessie pics.

Boris- consider carefully how much damage you are doing to your ligaments and muscles, not only in that knee, but the strain you put on the other knee and your back. I had a problem with my left hip about 4 years ago and almost waited too long to get it replaced. It still bothers me when I get too tired. IF you do the rehab, it hurts for a short time instead of ALL the time.
Mikey: Yeah, your point makes sense, I'm just a big chicken :eek:. For what it's worth, I was going over some data, I was gathering for my visit tothe Cardiologist, tomorrow, and my weight has dropped from over 220 in August 2014 to around 189 -193 now, but that's no longer enough to help my knees. I will select a surgeon later tomorrow and schedule an appointment to get the ball rolling.

Garry, nice downtown with streetcar. Lee I think that that is either a Model Power or Tyco attempt at modeling an FT-A.

Boris

Boris ... thanks for commenting on my downtown pictures.

Justin ... Your C&O photo and the Chessie photos are very nice.

Louis ... please explain why you can’t keep your political opinions to yourself. Don’t expect others to agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back