Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

Looks like we might get rocked with some weather.

A view from my driveway.

IMG_1133.jpeg

Good Morning All!

42F @ 74% and still overcast

Boy, did I lie to y'all. Yesterday was NOT my med appointment in Sandpoint; today is. Almost made it out the door yesterday heading thata way until enough brain cells aligned and looked at the date on the Cell which bubbled up - geesh this is the 6th, not 7th.

So we will be outa here in about 1.5 hours.

Still planning St Maries and possibly Wallace for some train hunting after the appt. Lunch, dinner and bed in St Maries tooo.

So, with yesterday blank I got to sit on the tractor almost the whole afternoon leveling stuff. Did take out a plum tree ( on purpose ) as it has not come back in the spring over the years like it used to. Hit it with the loader bucket and *crack*, over she went. Kinda surprised me that it was that brittle - maybe a good thing we took it out. Stump(s) and roots are another thing, those would be in the ground solid. Doesn't have to come out this year, so will get the 18 in long 3/4" twist drill and bore holes where I can and fill with salt. Next spring should be able to push it outa the ground.

I tell ya, the antibiotic and steroids are working. Can't believe how much better I feel. Still think that I had this in a lessor form; maybe 'walking' Bacterial Pneumonia before the black sh.t as I have not felt like this for over a year. In any event, don't care as it is almost gone. Woke up coughing once last night; and the rib cage soreness is almost gone. This is the last day of the Steroids. Ya, they still taste like sh.t and smell like sh.t; although yesterday I could actually taste bacon, apple and chocolate; amongst others!

Later

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 71°, headed up to the upper 80's today and tomorrow, then a cold front on Thursday dropping the overnight lows into the 50's. All remaining mention of rain in the forecast has been removed for at least a week. In the last 20 days, the 11.5" of rainfall is over 1/3 of our average yearly total!

The ground still hasn't dried out enough for mowing, however a steady breeze overnight may have helped. I'll know in a little while. I will start out with the weedeater though; it doesn't leave tread marks like the tractor. Odd jobs were the pattern yesterday including a trip to the nearest country store to fill all of the gas cans. They're still the only place around with gasoline at $3.27/gal.

On the passive side of things, the Stock Market has done well so far in May, at least on paper for me. Last week in 3 days, I recouped all of the April losses and yesterday was just another gain. Nice knowing that I made $2500 a day so far this month! But as I well know, that can disappear as fast as it came. If you're still in the working for a living mode, believe in and participate in 401K plans. I rolled mine into an existing IRA when I retired because it gave me more flexibility.

Lots of time out in the train shed yesterday, but very little to show for it. I ran out of scrap pieces of tarpaper for the roads and had to head out to the barn to locate the stock roll. Then measuring, cutting and adding lines before gluing two more pieces down. Then despite my best efforts at aligning, I have a narrow V-shaped gap that I have to repair.
IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

One more piece to go. I still have to do some additional striping now that everything is in place.

Guy - One thing about using the roofing felt for roads, is after about six months under layout lighting conditions, it fades a bit to be more gray, just like real roads.
Troy - That shade canopy that you use, is not conducive to vegetable gardening. However it does make sitting out there more comfortable.
Hughie - The walk-in shower was one of the best recent projects that we have done.
Karl - That's a nice looking and reasonably priced loco over in the For Sale thread. Not applicable to my layout though.

Everyone have a great day today.

Morning folks

36 and cloudy. My brother and his friend arrived last night at 2:30 am. They drove straight through from Ottumwa, IA to Bozeman, MT with a car trailer-about 1175 miles to our place. The bright side of that was only having to get up once more to help my wife. yawn I guess no rest for the wicked.

I need to order some more PSC parts but rather wish they would come up with a better payment scheme. Almost as "clunky" as our state online vehicle registration and that takes some effort.

Troy - That shade canopy that you use, is not conducive to vegetable gardening. However it does make sitting out there more comfortable.
It's not the shade canopy. Along the fence where here planting boxes, the canopy shade never hits the fence line. But the 2 story condo building does. As does the shade from the detached garage. Any single part of her area only gets 6-7 hours of direct sun a day. She needs 8-10 for what she wants to grow.

In other news, today is Primary Election day in Indiana. I ended up at the donut shop instead. I knew what to vote for there.

Since the top of the tickets are already decided, there weren't any competitive races I had a clear favorite in. they can sort themselves out, and I see who's left come November. AND, if I did vote in the primary, the state parties would know it. That means more texts from them this fall.

AND, if I did vote in the primary, the state parties would know it. That means more texts from them this fall.
Since giving my phone number is not a requirement here, I do not get local/state texts. However I still get numerous texts aimed at the previous owner of my cell phone number. I have replied "STOP" so often that it is almost automatic now. I do read some to see just how pathetic some of the politicians in her party are! It's now been over 10 years since she [involuntarily] gave up this number.

Since giving my phone number is not a requirement here, I do not get local/state texts. However I still get numerous texts aimed at the previous owner of my cell phone number. I have replied "STOP" so often that it is almost automatic now. I do read some to see just how pathetic some of the politicians in her party are! It's now been over 10 years since she [involuntarily] gave up this number.
So, a question. I'm not sure how this works.

Are some affiliates exempt from the DO NOT CALL service you can sign up for?

I get very few "candidate" calls/texts so I haven't bothered to sign up for it.

So, a question. I'm not sure how this works.

Are some affiliates exempt from the DO NOT CALL service you can sign up for?

I get very few "candidate" calls/texts so I haven't bothered to sign up for it.
I think there are more exceptions to the “do not call list” then there are numbers we can add to the list. Also, the small print in Wisconsin says it may take up to 90 days…

Good wet So. Central Wisconsin morning. I believe it was darker at 7:20 this morning on my way to my eye appointment than it was at 4:30am. The rains didn’t start until I got out of the car in the Clinic parking lot. It just opened up! Rain will continue into the evening and on/off till Friday. The thunder boomers were shaking the 8 story building I was in.

A blood draw at 11 this morning and then I am done until we come back for more medical May 23. The eyes are good as is the now 5 year old prescription on the glasses. She put a new prescription order in MY Chart our medical portal and if I want new glasses I can print it out.

I will be trying some new paints (to me) at the bench this afternoon

My golf clubs were shipped out yesterday and the notice says delivery in Cave Creek, Arizona is this afternoon

Enjoy the day

I've been getting a few state/local poly tic al texts of late , and even one from the orange man campaign. I think I can now text stop in my sleep! I really don't care what side of the aisle they are from, my phone is my phone and I don't care for the harassments.

Good morning (actually pretty much afternoon now) from the UK.

The SW9 is getting mucky:
View attachment 187079

Meanwhile, I just swapped out the rubber gromits that hold the old blue box motor in, these are a bit err tired!
View attachment 187080

I don't suppose these are still sold as a replacement part are they? I know you can get the larger two prong type for SD and GP Blue Box ones.
Got some new ones spare if you want.

In most states, News Outlets, and Politics are generally exempt from do not call/text lists.

That means the Party, or a PAC can purchase a list of names and numbers from any information broker, and start texting it. And, Data Brokers don't care how old the data is, they get a penny for every 10,000 names (or whatever the rate is). Why cull the old info, just keep selling it to get more p;ennies.

I keep getting texts and emails about helping my business... the photo business that has been closed since 2014.

Once a party gets your info, even if it's an old name attached to a phone #, it can share that info with any county party, and any candidate in their party. So you'll get flooded with calls/texts

The storms have all moved out of the area, and the sun is breaking through. Luckily it was nothing too severe. It sure looked like the end of times at the beginning. Had some pretty impressive thunder and lightning.

I don't know how much rain came down in that couple of hours, but it had to be a bunch!

We remodeled our main floor bathroom about 9 years ago. The light in the shower finally gave up yesterday evening. It is the original bulb that was installed. It was a really weird style of tiny florescent tubes. I found it on Amazon using the numbers stamped on it. I thought for grins I would run to the local Ace Hardware a couple blocks from the house. I was amazed, while they didn't have the 42W original bulb, they had a 32W LED style with the same mounting and plug. They had a 26W option as well. I installed it and WOW is it really bright. Way more than the florescent style.

I suppose The ladies will complain now its too bright in the morning!

So I have at least accomplished one thing this morning!

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 72F and humid. The humidity hit you as soon as I stepped outside this morning. Took Dad to his VA appointment and the next one for his feet is August. After getting home I rattle canned the plastic shed parts after washing them yesterday. Now I'm waiting not so patiently for the Dish repairman.

Hughie- Very nice layout shot. I use the Polaroid Cube which is 1" on all sides. The bottom has a magnet to hold it on a flat car in front of the loco. It has a micro-SD card and gives excellent video quality. I bought an SD card with enhanced memory for it.

Tom- Looks like fun with ST.

AemJaYstrains- Cute kitty.

Troy- Good luck with the doc.

John- Very nice job on the switcher.

Todd- I'm glad you are feeling better and have fun on your overnighter.

Mike- Hopefully not too much bad weather.

Willie- Nice looking buildings and roads.

Smudge- Neat video.

Mac- I guess they were in a hurry! Nice looking kitty also.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back