Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

This is for Bill I have the rest of it somewhere in a box

Attachments

• IMG_0420[1].JPG
    IMG_0420[1].JPG
    377 KB · Views: 11
Willie is correct. I live in the Wichita Kansas metro area. Line of storms building to our northwest and some in Oklahoma. It almost looks like there is a hole in the line that will blow past us before the line completes.

So far nothing but a few sprinkles.

Good evening, all. No rain today, but the ground is very soft and spongy. And lo and behold, mosquitos are popping up and biting. There are many folks north of Houston still not able to return to their homes. In two communities TXDOT has shut down a bridge forcing residents to make a 40 mile detour.
We have several projects coming up over the next few weeks. One is replacing the tub with a walk-in shower. The other is putting a series of filters on the well..
Trains, not a lot going on. I had a mini camera and was going the try a make a "cab view" of the layout. The camera just wouldn't record. Anyway, a picture, Pan Am 607 and 605 awaiting orders.
1715040933600.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

I did a thing tonight

The beginning of culling the herd has started. :eek: Down in the Model Railroad items for sale or trade section. If it works well there will be some CSX locos joining them.
Good luck with the sale! Looks like you have very reasonable prices on them.

I probably need to list some items as well. I still have a box of N scale stuff I recently found while cleaning that never made it to the auction block when I switched to Ho scale.

Tonight was the visit from Scale Trains. Had a great time hearing about the history of the company. Got to ask some questions and a few one on one questions. Yes James they will be doing another run of the finger rack car soon. I also mention about a 4 truck depressed flatcar. Shane said Class one has that. No, I showed him a pick of the one Walthers made years ago but stopped production on them. A few guys spoke up and said they would be interested in them also. I could see the wheels turning in his head so hopefully that sparked something.
IMG_6645.jpg
IMG_6647.jpg

Tonight was the visit from Scale Trains. Had a great time hearing about the history of the company. Got to ask some questions and a few one on one questions. Yes James they will be doing another run of the finger rack car soon. I also mention about a 4 truck depressed flatcar. Shane said Class one has that. No, I showed him a pick of the one Walthers made years ago but stopped production on them. A few guys spoke up and said they would be interested in them also. I could see the wheels turning in his head so hopefully that sparked something.
Sounds like it was a great time!

I never thought about it, but I should of had you ask about the possibility of modern Cryo-Trans, and lineage reefers. It would follow right along with their BNSF reefers

In case anyone is interested, I made a quick dump of pics on a DCC conversion based on a reddit reply chain I was in. I dumped them on the JNS Forum site at this link:

JNS Forum is the Japanese N Scale Forum and mostly deals with Japanese prototype based N scale model trains but there are subsections for European and US and other Asian country and the rest of the world trains, plus generic stuff as well.

The conversion is for the Greenmax power units that use the their coreless motor. In my case I converted two different JR103 EMU sets about 5 years ago using D&H PD05A decoders but any micro decoder would work.

I know this probably is not interesting to most as its not US prototype based but you never know, and it could spark some interest in at least the N scale guys to branch out ;)

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those with ears,

It's Troy again

I actually got some chapters read in a fantasy book yesterday. It was a nice afternoon, so I sat out on the patio. Fired up the grill and cooked a steak for dinner. Wife threw a bag of mixed veggies into the microwave to steam. And tossed a couple of flaky biscuit (US style) into the oven. We have homemade apple butter to put on those.

I'm hobbying my way through the orcs for the Kings of War game. There is a slow-gro painting challenge through Oct. Set a goal, paint it, and write up a cool story about it. I can do that. ;)

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 5.15.45 AM.png

The orcs on Manticores won't stay yellow. That's just a base layer color for when I lay a green speedpaint over the flesh. Then highlight a lighter green over that. I've got 11 of these total. 9 with wings, two without. The ones without are the "heros" and are single models. The other go on unit bases together in clumps of 2, or 5.

Tinnitus:
I actually got the whine down to a 3.5 or 4 last evening. A lot of stress management techniques, along with white noise threapy helped. I keep a youtube channel open on my computer all day with a waterfall. The goal is to have the sound just under the volume level of the tinnitus. that helps the brain focus on hearing the other noise, not the tinnitus.

Woke up with the tinnitus at a 5.5 to 6. Well, that's better than a 9 volume.

I also have a white noise app (Called "White Noise") on my phone. I've found that about an hour of it running through my hearing aids each morning, at an equal volume to the tinnitus helps wash the whine down in volume. This morning it's "Gentle Waterfall" variety.

Good news is that I made an appointment with a real audiologist today. I don't expect miracles, but I want to know that the Costco techs are doing it correctly or not. Also, they have Starkey brand hearing aids. For most people with mild-moderate hearing loss, Cost levels should work fine. Just get the features you want.

But, as we've discussed before, there are premium brands that have better processors. The latest tech is an AI assist to filter out background noise, and white noise generators. I'm curious to see how those two work in harmony on a hearing aid.

I don't want to spend the money on Starkey aids, but I also know that it's going to take a while to manually train my brain to ignore the tinnitus back down to where it was. As in months of work. I will spend money on things that I'm having success with now if it aids that process.

Good morning all!

Very cloudy this morning with a slight chance of rain is what the weather channel is saying. According to the radar, there is a narrow band of heavy rain about to enter the are.

Guess that takes mowing out of the agenda this morning! Maybe this afternoon, but I seriously doubt it! More like tomorrow.

Have a safe day all!

Morning all,

55° and clear, going for a high of 80°. No rain in the forecast for the remainder of the week. As I suspect after watching the weather models most of the day, as far as my immediate area, yesterday's panic was much a do about nothing. Even told on of my co-workers that we weren't going to get anything. Could have used more rain though. We got about 1/4" during a brief dump as a cloud went over.

BBL

Back