Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

Well, I was napping. Got up for a negative iced-tea run. Once that was accomplished, the Costco hearing aid rep called with a follow up (nice guy, but I didn't have anything to report).

Me and the cat got settled into the recliner again, and then the RING camera said I had a delivery guy on the porch... It was for me. Fresh polo shirts and and such from Kohls I asked the wife to order.

They all fit.
The cat looked at me like "Really? You're not going to try to nap again are you?"

So, I'm back to the hobby desk for a while.

Last night when I left the house around 11:30pm or 11:45pm it was 62F. Had been in the 70s. This morning as the sun came up it was low 50s. When I finally got out of bed mid morning it was mid 40s.

I left church (2pm) and this is what I saw (at the church parking lot and then when I got home from the garage) (upper 30s)
IMG_5038.jpeg
IMG_5039.jpeg
IMG_5040.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, howdy there internet peeps and those in the great white north...
It's Troy again,

I finished my first unit of "Swift-Walkers" for the Swift-Forged Orcs. These are all 3d printed models. The green girl was technically "nekkid" except for her boots before painting. Fortunately, the glitter paint has a very thick acrylic base. It went on and covered up protrusions, and was a great way to make a leotard on her.

Swiftwalkers.jpg

Lesson learned on the basing material. That's half-inch cork board - the dark brown stuff for making wall tiles. it does not retain super glue well. Too porous on the top lay. I've already broken a few models loose just from grabbing an orc to lift the model.

If you're wondering why the orcs are blue, the army is based in a lightning realm, so everything has a bit of blue. The rest of the army will be green like the tall girl, but with blue accents. This unit has special magical "flying" abilities - so I made them more distinct with blue skin tones.

Swiftwalkers2.jpg

Good evening gang!

Been a pretty chill weekend. Rainy and cool outside all weekend, so indoors I stayed. My workbench downstairs has been an absolute disaster of opened kits, loose tools and small parts. So I spent a good bit of the day reorganizing , cleaning, and filing small parts into appropriate bins & boxes. Between running loads of laundry for the Queen, yesterday was busy.
Today started with an all you can eat breakfast buffet at a local restaurant known more for its fried chicken and steaks. This was only the 2nd weekend they have been doing breakfast and the place was packed at 9:30 when we arrived. The place seats about 250 and we had to wait for tables to be cleared before we sat down, but it was only a moment or so. Plenty of pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, creamed chipped beef and sausage gravy with biscuits, along with fruits. Needless to say I overindulged and waddled out around 10:30 fully stuffed. The a trip for groceries, go home around noon and promptly fell asleep in front of the TV waiting for the Nascar race. Lucky for me when I woke up at 4:30 I hadn't missed any of the race because of rain in Kansas delaying the race!
Trainwise I did get the approaches to two of the bridges laid after my nap.

I do have a few locos to liquidate, does anyone have any experience with selling on the forum section

Model Railroad Items for Sale or Trade ????

Pros, Cons etc?
DSCF1797.JPG

Photo backdrops can be fun!

L8ter gang!

Flo, get Willie a cuppa and a scone, on my tab

I slept in til 4:30, then stayed in bed, resting my green eyes until 5am. Then I got up to take it all in.

Coffee is brewed... time to read the interwebz. thinking about steak on the grill tonight. We'll see what is in stock when I do the beginning of the week grocery run

Good morning all!!

It’s 57 f and a 50% chance of rain today so I’m sure it’ll rain today.

Well got the hobby room pretty much set up the shadow box layout still needs attention but that will have to wait for the weekend.

New home and today starting new job, this will be interesting, hate starting a new job never know really what to expect.

You all have a great day and Flo can I have some bacon and eggs to get this day started? Thank you.

Good morning all!

I see we are some of us are getting a slow start this morning. Nothing wrong with that!

Looks like another Northern Illinois picture perfect spring day with the temps going in the mid 70s.

Time to have my cup or 3 of coffee and see what the day brings.

Have a safe day all!

Good morning all!!

Well got the hobby room pretty much set up the shadow box layout still needs attention but that will have to wait for the weekend.

New home and today starting new job, this will be interesting, hate starting a new job never know really what to expect.

You all have a great day and Flo can I have some bacon and eggs to get this day started? Thank you.
Good luck with the new job!

Morning all,

Currently 59° and cloudy in Doo-Dah this morning. We're under the gun this late afternoon through this evening for severe storms. Large hail and tornadoes not unexpected. We'll see. We're better organized as we have the dog crates at our house so when they bring the dogs with them, we're not trying to get crates as well.

Boss is headed to Houston with his oldest daughter as she has a large tumor they are needing to remove. We're all hoping the surgery turns out well. It isn't expected to be cancerous as the family has a history of these types of tumors.

Gotta call the bank as they have somehow screwed the pooch on my last house payment.

kgstakes: Good luck on the new job.

Oh well, people know I'm here...

Good morning all!!

Best wishes on the new job. What business are you in? Switching jobs/ businesses never was any fun for me, especially that 1st month…

Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin which actually borders Mike’s ((Migalyto’s) portion of Northern Il. And it looks like our weather will mimic! 44f degrees now on this crystal clear morning. It’s calm breezes at 1mph heading into the 70’s.

Enjoy the day

Back