Running Bear's May 2023 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many humans do not get UK Roundabouts...
Most humans don’t get roundabouts no matter where they are.
Tell us about it, try going round this roundabout, and yes, it's real, in Swindon, Southern England.

1685396791050.png

1685396718374.png

Louis - Happy Birthday.
I posted about a week ago that I was leaving a lettuce plant in the garden since I had too much, and you expressed a query or something. Here's what the heat does to a loose leaf lettuce plant, besides making it turn bitter.
IMG_3541.JPG

It does not mention spinach, which is my favorite.
Spinach is in the same botanical family as Beets and Swiss Chard.

What are the 4 white dots with arrows? I would have crashed already, I'm on the wrong side of the road on Queen's Dr.
They are all mini roundabout's the idea is that you can use the outer circle, which runs clockwise or the inner one which runs counter clockwise, or a mixture of both, dumbest idea in the UK, why it's nicknamed "The Magic Roundabout" after a kiddies program from the '60's,

1685400724006.png

They are all mini roundabout's the idea is that you can use the outer circle, which runs clockwise or the inner one which runs counter clockwise, or a mixture of both, dumbest idea in the UK, why it's nicknamed "The Magic Roundabout" after a kiddies program from the '60's,
I'm like Hughie, I already have been in an accident because I'm also on the wrong side of the road.
I see that this is not the only one of these in the UK.
Magic Roundabout (Colchester)
Magic Roundabout (Hemel Hempstead)
Magic Roundabout (High Wycombe)

What do you do with your old display modules when you’re building a new layout simple store of them under the layout until you are ready to pick all the structures and details off of them.
IMG_1313.jpeg

They are actually sitting on a long, wheelbase, moving dolly, and the support arms are the legs from one of the modules. That way I can easily roll them out into the middle of the room when it comes time to pick them clean.

Tell us about it, try going round this roundabout, and yes, it's real, in Swindon, Southern England.

View attachment 169210

View attachment 169209
The first problem is you’re going the wrong direction…

we have some roundabouts that aren’t that big or that many lanes but that have similar cut lanes where you enter in and have to exit the next out/exit from the roundabout. Confuses people who want to go around more than one out and enter on the wrong one. Ours don’t have clockwise and anti/clockwise mess though.

as an aside, in New England they’re called “rotaries” and not roundabouts. In Utah we call then roundabouts and they’ve proliferated like rabbits in the last 25 years here.

Louis - Happy Birthday.
I posted about a week ago that I was leaving a lettuce plant in the garden since I had too much, and you expressed a query or something. Here's what the heat does to a loose leaf lettuce plant, besides making it turn bitter.
View attachment 169211

Spinach is in the same botanical family as Beets and Swiss Chard.
Thank you, Willie!

I would not have guessed either of those things!

Good morning gang!

Flo can I get a Southwest omelette with a side of scrapple please, oh yes, and a large coffee. Hungry as a bear this morning!

Speaking of hunger, Troy, did you bring enough brisket to share with the class, or are you keeping it all to yourself? Do you know the make cold shipping packages for this type of thing.

BBL

Good Evening!

I just finished booking passage on this boat, for June 22:
View attachment 169080

Looks like the wife and I are going to Vancouver Island for a full week of fishing, crabbing, and general tom-foolery.
I'm not sure if they have trains on the island, or not. Suppose I'm going to find out. The camera will be with me all the way.
It's still a month away, so plenty of time to do some snooping and find out what's on the island

Not the same island but I visited this place back in the 90's https://miniatureworld.com/

At least the Mets are at 500.
I saw that this morning, and I wonder how. Every time I look at a box score they have lost. Saturday,the Mets were on over the air TV (Ch 11), so I watched. They were so bad, I couldn't watch them. I ended up watching Dallas beat Vegas...(Last night, Dallas was eliminated in a real stinker 6 - 0).
Stanley Cup will be between Vegas and Florida, on TNT. I might listen in on XM radio. Orioles seem to have a bunch of injuries, Cedric being the latest. Definite reason for the slump. I hope they come back. I don't like the Cleveland Baseball Team.

BTW: Happy Birthday! Better late than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back