Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Stayed in bed about an extra 30 minutes this morning because I could, and I wasn't itching. :D My skin issues are now just random events. It's not completely gone but the end is in sight...just in time for more dental work!:( No train room today but I should be able to finish the build tomorrow. Of course, then it's scenery time on the layout for the last 2 builds. Today Dad flew back home from his vacation. The plane was only 30 minutes late which is a win these days. Wednesday, he has a serial Cat Scan at the VA around mid-day so that day is shot.

Sherrel- Happy 33rd anniversary. Awesome photo. I continue my prayers for you and Kate.

TomO- I use AIM powders for weathering. You do a fantastic job with weathering.

Guy- Excellent job with the scratch build.

Willie- Nicely weathered tank cars. I love old buildings like that. Sorry, but I think those are ugly engines, but to each their own.:)

Old 97- I haven't had a Reuben sandwich in forever. Now I want one.

Bill- Interesting photo.

David- I really like the farmhouse.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Thank you Curt, greatly appreciated

I may have mentioned in more than passing over the last year or so, how "difficult" my local credit union was, and my steps to remove them from my life. I had even gone so far as to refinance my car away from that credit union, just to avoid having to pay them every month. That was in November. The old credit union finally released the lien on my car. I now have the title to my car, with no liens. They were "supposed" to put the new credit union as lienholder, and did not. The temptation was there, for about 5 seconds... I'll call the new lienholder in the morning, and see if I need to sign anything, or just send the title to them.

I may have mentioned in more than passing over the last year or so, how "difficult" my local credit union was, and my steps to remove them from my life. I had even gone so far as to refinance my car away from that credit union, just to avoid having to pay them every month. That was in November. The old credit union finally released the lien on my car. I now have the title to my car, with no liens. They were "supposed" to put the new credit union as lienholder, and did not. The temptation was there, for about 5 seconds... I'll call the new lienholder in the morning, and see if I need to sign anything, or just send the title to them.
We’ve been with the same Credit Union since 9/1976. We never had 1 issue with them and I always recommend a Credit Union over a bank. That is absolutely terrible the way you have been treated. Thankfully you were alert to watching your accounts

Is there a State commission that oversees that Credit Union? you should let them know the crap you have gone through

C vs K comes down to where the name is from, I think. A more Germanic heritage would use a K while a more french or latin background would be a C (for ythe same name). Now if they screw up your given name then that's on them as there should be documentary evidence for the way you do it.

As an example my son is Erik, but I know a few Eric and also Erick/Erich have come to my attention as well. Erik is nordic, while Eric is french, and Erich/Erick is more (modern) German for some reason.
Ah yes, it does come down to that. With my mothers family name (Schmidt) and my fathers mothers maiden name of Ottenhoefer there is a lot of German in my mix. Hence Karl with a K. OF course with an English surname (Bond) and an Irish grandmother, (Kirby) I am a bit of a mutt. If the English side had won, I might have been Carl.

It is NOT my birthday, it is Jazz the dogs birthday….not my dog either :p
Sorry about the confusion. A question of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. Jazz is indeed a mutt. It took a DNA test to ferret out her linage. 25% each lab and catahoula, 12.5% each border collie, ausie, and heeler; the last 12.5% being a repeat of her. We got her at 8 months old but contrary to one of the border collies, at least she had a normal puppyhood. All three dogs are "rehomed".

Last edited:
Ah yes, it does come down to that. With my mothers family name (Schmidt) and my fathers mothers maiden name of Ottenhoefer there is a lot of German in my mix. Hence Karl with a K. OF course with an English surname (Bond) and an Irish grandmother, (Kirby) I am a bit of a mutt. If the English side had won, I might have been Carl.
My mom's side is Norwegian and my mom's uncle was Carl. Go figure. I think they were trying to Americanize as his parents were the ones that came over on the boat. My cousin (same side) is Karl.

I finally found someone in the neighborhood who had a 12' ladder I could borrow so I could mask off the beam in the train room.

IMG_1650.jpeg

This was Saturday. I've since (Saturday and today) finished spray two coats of the primer (but no pics). Once I get the entry way and my daughter's walk in closet and a part of her bedroom that didn't get primed, all primed, we'll be done with the primer and I can then shoot the ceiling in the train room and the entry way and the WIC.

I a;so got the master bedroom walls done (not the cut in with the ceiling or the corners where walls come together) and most of teh master bathroom with teh final paint. The bathroom had a few places I had to put some mud and sand and re-prime and the primer wasn't dry so those places didn't get done. I also got my son's bedroom up to abouyt 9' and the laundry to about 9' rolled with final. Just need to do above that. Then some places in the bonus space upstairs above 9' and the train room and the main painting si done.

Good morning!
FAMILY GUY_DOG.png

1710836325315.png

Schlosser Brothers Dairy was at one time the largest dairy in Indiana, having plants at Bremen, Fort Wayne, Frankfort, Indianapolis, Plymouth and South Bend. The dairy leased cars from Quaker City Refrigerator Line for transporting butter from Frankfort to Boston, Philadelphia and New York.
Photo courtesy of Howard Ameling.

Sorry about the confusion. A question of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. Jazz is indeed a mutt. It took a DNA test to ferret out her linage. 25% each lab and catahoula, 12.5% each border collie, ausie, and heeler; the last 12.5% being a repeat of her. We got her at 8 months old but contrary to one of the border collies, at least she had a normal puppyhood. All three dogs are "rehomed".
She is a lovely dog :0

I guess Spring starting on the 21st is another casualty of Global Warming.
Information overload here! ;) It has always varied, the last three years it was the 20th. Leap day inserted earlier this year advanced it by a day. It actually starts at 11:09 pm here in the Central zone, almost the 20th! It hasn't started on the 21st yet this century in North America. I won't see the next Spring starting on the 21st because it won't occur until 2101. I think that technically in most years, March 21 is the first full day of Spring, thus the confusion. I seem to remember that 1981 was the last time it actually started on March 21.

Good morning. It's 59 and cloudy. Supposedly it is the first day of Spring. I guess Spring starting on the 21st is another casualty of Global Warming.
It's an astronomical event - Equinox = an equal amount of daylight and night (at the equator) one happens in the fall and one in the spring. The date changes but is usually in the neighborhood of March 19-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back