Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all!

Happy Friday and 7st day of March!

Its my wife's B-day today. Tonight she wants to go to Red Lobster for dinner. It fits in well since its lent. it woll also be a good excuse for me to hit Home Depot and pick up some layout wiring supplies.

Have get busy so Coffee will have to be to go,

Have a great safe Friday all!
Happy Birthday to Mrs. Migalyto!!
I remember when Red Lobster did the "All you can eat" crab legs. What a fiasco. 🤣
Home Depot scavenger hunt!! :)

Good morning ALL!!!
Thanks for getting the door Bill.
Good morning Flo!!
I'll have the "Fireball Special" please.
Yup!
Item #12 on the breakfast menu.
Two mini fireball shooters, Scrambled eggs, sausage gravy on top of crumpled biscuits, home fries and an extra biscuit on the side.
Coffee too.
I'll be in the window booth.
The peddler freight is coming through shortly.
Hoping to catch a glimpse of the rickety combine.

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 35°, with some light fog out in the fields. There's also a frost forming on all exposed metal right now. Rain is over for at least a week and I gained 0.4" in the gauge. But it was light on & off all day; and unlike Kalifornia, there was no flooding! Looking at bright sunshine and 70° today and upper 70's-mid 80's for another week.

Well, they finally did it. While on the grocery trek yesterday, I noted that most gasoline stations in town had broken the $3 mark, with the average being $3.09/gal. Except the out in the country convenience store about 6 miles from me, that was still at $2.89. My guess is that we'll see another release from the Strategic Oil Reserve around October.

As I posted earlier this week, I went to my niece's wedding. Here is a picture that someone took of me, my siblings, and our spouses taken that night.
PXL_20240225_031804646-0001.jpg

Left to right: My BIL and his wife my #1 sister, a SIL and my next oldest brother, my #2 sister and her husband, another SIL and my next oldest brother who are parents of one of the brides, me and my dear wife.
Feel free to print it out and throw darts at it.

Yesterday out in the train shed, I took up a few headstones in the cemetery, as I finally agreed with my wife that some were too close. I had to patch the ground cover a little where I took them up. Added a few new ones, but I bumped my head on the upper level and stopped for the day. So I went over to the workbench and started on an Atlas house kit that I got for Christmas from one of the grandkids.
IMG_1373.JPG

It was a real pleasure to start assembling a kit with decent instructions and illustrations. Here are a few steps along the way.
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG

Then a minor problem arose. The front porch is quite warped.
IMG_1377.JPG

While I can glue the front down, I cannot yet get the back to nest into the slot on the front of the house.
IMG_1378.JPG

So it is currently out on the workbench under some weights. I hope that it will work without having to apply heat from a hair dryer. That's plan "B" if needed.

Troy - I am usually pretty good at doing math in my head, except when doing scaling! That gets me every time. Good Luck.
Guy - You're correct that I have built that Walther's kit. The instructions are actually better than most Walther's kits, however the extended gluing surfaces require much care and patience to achieve seamless assembly. I used the alternate decal for the kit.
09-05-20 001.JPG

I think that I used some of my own signs for the Feed & Seed portion, but I don't remember.
09-05-20 002.JPG

Not a current picture, as I have since extended the gravel under the structure and added a cat in the doorway.
Jaz -
some stupid tart could not resist my pvc leather look trousers,
What? No pictures!
Mike - Happy Birthday to your wife. Our Red Lobster still occasionally has the crab leg promotion, even though the national chain no longer does it. Right now, it's still all you can eat shrimp, but I noticed that the individual serving size has been reduced 18%.

Today is The Who lead singer Roger Daltrey's 80th birthday. Catherine Bach, the actress who played Daisy Duke, is 70 today. 😍

Everyone have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Good Morning!
-4F this fine morning under broken cloud. I'll start out with a forest dog walk, and then continue with the roofing in miniature project.

I expect the grandson's to drop by after school. It seems they have an interest in helping to develop the layout. That means I'll have to think of something interesting, yet easy, to do. Might be time to think about creating the creek canyon that my newly built truss bridge will cross.
Although, I'm thinking that they'll want to run a train back and forth along the 30' of track that's currently operational.

Just for the sake of a photo, here's one I took of the Jasper, Alberta rail yard:
CN Yard_Jasper_07-11-2022.JPG

Willie - Thanks for posting the grain elevator photo. Gotta say, you did a great job on it! - I might just do mine in green. It seems to be a grain elevator color around here:
GrainElevator_07-14-2022 (10).JPG

Patrick - Seems like trading Friday to work Saturday is a cheap way for them to get out of paying OT.
Curt - Forgot to thank you for the cake and well wishes the other day. So, thanks for that!

Everyone have a wonderful day! It's a great day to be breathing!

I always wanted to be first. Coffee is on me. yeah, really I spilled it.
Story of my life haha. Saw your request on the February coffee shop but ran out of time to reply! I’m not sure the next time I’ll be around that area but do you have a specific address for the white water rafting place? There are at least a couple and I’m not completely familiar with the area. I’ll be happy to help you out with some pictures when I’m back out that way:)

Morning folks

It was greeted with about 5" of heavy, wet snow. It is currently 35F and that stuff is finding its way off the 12:12 pitch steel roof with gun shot like reports.

Hello Flo

I'll have item 13, the forbidden fruit special with a side of link sausage.

What??????

You're still miffed at that cup of hot coffee I spilled all over you yesterday and the miserly tip I left?

You know I'm a bit unsteady in my elderly state and that happened to be all the funds I had left yesterday.

Say again? What was that about arsenic? You know my hearing is poor too.

Flo, did you know your dancing eyes become feline-like when you are angry? And wow, are those fingernails actually retractable?????

On second thought, cancel the order and I'll just leave your belated tip on the counter by the door.

Troyphoto I really like your AI images for your books Could you tell me how long does it take you to make one
and if possible what software do you use I would like to give it a try I used to create vector images but those are totally different
Thanks Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back