Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg I SHOULD model them use the tank, and paint a van…..research…..photos appreciated
Imagine a Renault 5 with steel armor, they did that in one episode😀
This is their very cool van:
1979-Chevrolet-Van-A-Team-06.jpg

Willie- Didn't you post at one time that one of your brothers was also a model railroader?

Hope my fading memory is correct!
No memory fade there. Both of my surviving brothers are model railroaders. My youngest one standing next to me in that picture inherited half of Dad's Lionel collection to add to his own. He now has the other half that Dad left my late youngest brother as well. My other brother, 4th from the left in the picture has been an HO modeler for years. He has also built a designated train shed above his wood workshop in his yard.
Incidentally, my BIL, on the far left is a 1:1 modeler of sorts. He headed up the light rail division of DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) for over 15 years, and now is a consultant in the light rail industry in various cities across the western part of the country.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 65F and clear, currently 80F and hazy. When I got up, I took a couple of aspirin for a headache but didn't eat for 3 hours and got nausea from it. It's the first time that's happened to me. I laid back down for a couple of hours after eating some toast and then felt fine. I still have soreness in my jaw. I did assemble the 2 side wood structures today. The bases have holes for lighting. The high back walls are the height of the hydrocal walls which will be the front and back of the build.

David- Nice rail cars and steamers. Have fun with your granddaughter. They grow up really quick.

Hughie- Also the yeoman and corpsman.

Louis- Thank you for your concern. I have 3 more visits. The end of the month I have the other side of my mouth with perio, then a general cleaning and finally a cavity filling.

Guy- That ice is dangerous. Nice photos. Did I read your post correctly, you're walking in the woods at -4F? 😲 I have problems walking at temps in the 30's.

Bill- Interesting that a canal goes under the station.

Jaz- I really like FR chocolate. Nice scenes and Rover weathering.

Willie- Great family photo. Nice looking stations and grain tower. Did the Atlas house come pre-colored?

Mike- Happy Birthday to your wife.🎂 You have a great looking black lab. Our local Red Lobster has horrendous service because of not enough staff.

20240301_143643.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon all,

Yes the city doesn't like to pay overtime, it screws with the budget. They have a comp time bank that the first 40 hours of overtime go into for you to use at a later time. You do get banked 1.5 hours for every hour of overtime you work. They pay me my overtime as my bank has been full for at least the last 8 years. When I do use it for time off, I get it restored within the next 2 pay periods, so I don't use it.

I also have 40 hours of holiday pay banked and as of tomorrow, will have 5 weeks of vacation time that I need to burn at least 2 of or I'll lose them. I'll get paid for 3 weeks banked vacation along with the comp time and holiday bank.

Got the laundry done, and the bedroom and hall in the basement taped and patched for paint. I still have to sand and second coat patch. Then because we're not reusing it, all my books are now on shelves in the basement.

Yes it's been a busy day so far.

Not much going on at work. Some 20 degrees with snow and wind on Thursday and then 52 degrees today and 65 by Monday. Emptied the salt out and washed out the box and salt spreader. Polished up the rear wheels after the new tires were put on the other day, then gave the truck a well deserved bath. It's red and silver now instead of salt and road grime.
IMG_6562.jpg
IMG_6563.jpg
IMG_6561.jpg

Afternoon all,

Yes the city doesn't like to pay overtime, it screws with the budget. They have a comp time bank that the first 40 hours of overtime go into for you to use at a later time. You do get banked 1.5 hours for every hour of overtime you work. They pay me my overtime as my bank has been full for at least the last 8 years. When I do use it for time off, I get it restored within the next 2 pay periods, so I don't use it.

I also have 40 hours of holiday pay banked and as of tomorrow, will have 5 weeks of vacation time that I need to burn at least 2 of or I'll lose them. I'll get paid for 3 weeks banked vacation along with the comp time and holiday bank.

Got the laundry done, and the bedroom and hall in the basement taped and patched for paint. I still have to sand and second coat patch. Then because we're not reusing it, all my books are now on shelves in the basement.

Yes it's been a busy day so far.
Seems to me you need to schedule Fridays off to use some time up. 4 day work week and 3 day weekends.👍
Nice weather coming, sunny day sickness is contagious. ;)🤣

Story of my life haha. Saw your request on the February coffee shop but ran out of time to reply! I’m not sure the next time I’ll be around that area but do you have a specific address for the white water rafting place? There are at least a couple and I’m not completely familiar with the area. I’ll be happy to help you out with some pictures when I’m back out that way:)
The rafting company I'm referring to, is just outside of Shelburne Falls on Rte. 2 heading towards Charlemont, maybe 2 or 3 miles from Shelburne Falls. It used to be Adlers Cabins. The remaining cabin, the one I asked if possible to get a pic, is the only thing that remains of Adlers. I think the name is Crab Apple White Water Rafting.

This is the cabin in 1949. That is me with my grandmother. On google earth the screen part seems to be gone.
1709331162033.png

Not much going on at work. Some 20 degrees with snow and wind on Thursday and then 52 degrees today and 65 by Monday. Emptied the salt out and washed out the box and salt spreader. Polished up the rear wheels after the new tires were put on the other day, then gave the truck a well deserved bath. It's red and silver now instead of salt and road grime.View attachment 182840View attachment 182841View attachment 182842
That is an awesome piece of kit pretty and shine your kit is totally bland by comparison

Not much going on at work. Some 20 degrees with snow and wind on Thursday and then 52 degrees today and 65 by Monday. Emptied the salt out and washed out the box and salt spreader. Polished up the rear wheels after the new tires were put on the other day, then gave the truck a well deserved bath. It's red and silver now instead of salt and road grime.View attachment 182840View attachment 182841View attachment 182842
Could you maybe stop by and give mine that same treatment????
16106499003_d099e4a796_b.jpg

The rafting company I'm referring to, is just outside of Shelburne Falls on Rte. 2 heading towards Charlemont, maybe 2 or 3 miles from Shelburne Falls. It used to be Adlers Cabins. The remaining cabin, the one I asked if possible to get a pic, is the only thing that remains of Adlers. I think the name is Crab Apple White Water Rafting.

This is the cabin in 1949. That is me with my grandmother. On google earth the screen part seems to be gone.
View attachment 182843
Might take some time because I never know what my schedule is for work until the day before but I will try my hardest to get those pictures for you!

Might take some time because I never know what my schedule is for work until the day before but I will try my hardest to get those pictures for you!
No problem! If the opportunity arises good, if not, oh well. The place has a special place in my heart and memory. The last time I was there was 1963. Me and a buddy borrowed a canoe from the then owner, paddle under the bridge across the river and camped in the woods for a weekend.

Rabbit Rabbit!

You all thought I'd forgotten! Nope, just busy getting ready to demo the new tank game tomorrow.

Had pizza tonight from the wood-fired place. That's a Carne Pizza with Extra cheese. It was yum

threefires.jpg

Troyphoto I really like your AI images for your books Could you tell me how long does it take you to make one
and if possible what software do you use I would like to give it a try I used to create vector images but those are totally different
Thanks Mike
I use the website: LeonardoAI...

Anyone can sign up and get 150 credits per day to use.

Check Youtube for "How to use Leonardo AI" vids. One basic use vid and the free account will get you started.

HINT: Turn OFF the Alchemy button, and check it whenever you change styles of images. Alchemy will suck out the credit real fast.

Trying to write a "prompt" is a challenge unto itself. Leonardo is good with ONE thing. OK with two. Beyond that is forgets what you need. So, for the book cover of the Pixie in front of the amusement pier, that's two images combined.

to the do the "photoshopping" I use Affinity Photo. It's a TON cheaper than photoshop, and just about as functional.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back