Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess I am a bit fortunate, no chemicals yet
weather wise: from one extreme to the other end. Capture.JPG

Afternoon folks. Currently 72, was high 40s when I woke up. Staying busy at work, we're pushing about 4 weeks behind with no catching up in sight. I guess that's a good thing, but geez give us a break! 😫

Started tinkering on a locomotive build last night, once I get farther along with it I'll post up some pics in the proper forum.

I stand corrected, I just knew it wasn’t Monsanto.
A little trivia that's only semi-model RR related. In 1989, a friend of mine, Chester Holley, hobby shop owner and child actor, was driving his 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood 65 formerly owned by the Monsanto family through an intersection near his home in South Tampa, when he was T-boned in an intersection by a (naturally) non-insured driver. They scraped the offending driver's car off the street and hauled it to the scrapyard, and Chester drove his Caddy home and parked it in his warehouse/store.

Last edited:
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 47F. After breakfast SIL came over to take the pool pump out and mess with it and got it running again but it's on it's last leg. In the train room today, I started on the new kit. I inventoried everything, repaired a small plaster corner that had chipped and cleaned up detail parts before finally spraying them a light gray. After that it was nap time! :)

David- That's a shame. Her posts and modeling were interesting. Great video.

TomO- Have fun golfing. Did you say where you are in SC?

Alan- Have fun with the passenger cars.

Smudge- Thanks for the video.

Bill- Great photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Nolan Ryan
I listened to the game on radio as Nolan Ryan pitched a no hitter in 1975 against my Orioles. It was an amazing accomplishment as Ryan was suffering with bone chips in the elbow of his throwing arm and minor muscle pulls in his legs and groin. Ryan did not have his best fastball. Instead, he relied heavily on his changeup and curveball. He still threw many fastballs to set up the other pitches. Despite these injuries he threw over 140 pitches to complete the game. The Orioles had a good team in 1975, finishing the season in second place in the AL East 90-69.

Other than that game Ryan did not have much success against my birds. I will omit the details as this is his birthday.

It is also my wife's birthday!

Most of you will be dealing with what I had to go through at some point. I just wanted to share the info so your prepared.
There are different laws for children then there are for spouses. I found the laws impact the middle-class earner's the most.
If I wasn't around, I have no idea of what would happen to my wife who only has one living relative left 1000 miles away and both have no clue of what our financial situation is. I guess the lawyers would end up with all the money.
Swal
There now with my parents. One good thing my dad did was put the house in us kids name 10 years ago. The education we got when my parents went in the nursing home will help us in the future if it happens to us some day.

I listened to the game on radio as Nolan Ryan pitched a no hitter in 1975 against my Orioles. It was an amazing accomplishment as Ryan was suffering with bone chips in the elbow of his throwing arm and minor muscle pulls in his legs and groin. Ryan did not have his best fastball. Instead, he relied heavily on his changeup and curveball. He still threw many fastballs to set up the other pitches. Despite these injuries he threw over 140 pitches to complete the game. The Orioles had a good team in 1975, finishing the season in second place in the AL East 90-69.

Other than that game Ryan did not have much success against my birds. I will omit the details as this is his birthday.

It is also my wife's birthday!
Happy birthday to the spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back