Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya gang!
I'm needing a cold drink. This latest project has been tedious but now the hard part is over yet. I've managed to shoehorn a new chassis with a can motor into a Tyco Plymouth switcher. Why? Because the owner of the little switcher has more money than sense! Plus he has some attachment to it, so as long as he is paying, I'm working!
Here is the NWSL Chassis
IMG_4075.JPG

I had to shorten the visible bracket, initially meant to be a coupler attachment spot. Then cut the original body mounted weights about 8.5 mm.
IMG_4078.JPG
Then manufacture a brass bracket for the other end, the locate and drill and tap attachment points for 2-56 screws. after some careful adjustments it sits level.
IMG_4079.JPG

Next week it gets a decoder, a "keep alive" unit, and a functioning rotary beacon, then paint and details added.

IMG_4081.JPG

That's it for tonight. Time to get ready to meet #3 son and his fiancee for dinner. We are meeting her parents for the 1st time tonight too. I hope this doesn't turn out like Meet the Fokkers !

I'm not understanding all of your PT right now. My wife saw the doctor for the first time and was on the operating table less than five weeks later. No injections, no PT, no nothing.
B

Willy: I want to postpone the surgery to sometime in late July or early August. Too many other things going on right now. The whole purpose is to keep me functional until then. Depending on how the next couple of weeks go, will tell the story. Last injection is Thursday, I finish my round of PT this coming Friday, and go from there. The PT has actually helped improve my range of motion.

The wife's new treatment is finished for now, it appears to be working...She has to wait six months then they will re-evaluate.

The MIL, well, I'm not sure. I still don't understand why they didn't see this "mass" on her spine last December. She is not the most co-operative patient, and would rather scream in pain than articulate where she feels the most discomfort.
Thursday, she refused the x-ray, and my wife had to over rule her. She was sedated, this time, so she probably didn't give the x-ray tech a difficult time.

I want to thank everyone for their Kind Thoughts and comments and your prayers, during this rough spot in our lives. The MIL is scheduled for surgery tomorrow, mid morning. Hopefully, everything will go well. Of course, she is 87. Anything can happen.

Sherrel - After the Los Angeles Planning and Engineering Depts. saw my layout, they copied and built their river channel system ;):p

Being Acme's CEO, you probably know about this, but here's a link to their products catalog -
https://www.acme.com/catalog/acme.html

That's good one JIM!
Yeah ... Terry pointed that out, but I didn't see any jet powered roller skates or catapults?

One of my good friends in our bunco group is a big GB fan. This Friday I will try to ease his pain with a shot of Jameson. My Chiefs won! Go Len Dawson!!

Before I became a GB supporter, I was living/working out of KC.
I was a Chiefs fan back then and even attended a few games at the old stadium shared at that time with the Athletics baseball team. Always have a soft spot for the Chiefs - hope they go all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back