Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - Good Morning! How are we all doing today? The pitter-patter of little feet is going strong here at the moment. Had almost forgotten how fast a 4 and 6-year-old can move - they are a blur most of the time. We have stairs, and they are charging up and down all the time. Lordy, do I wish I still had a tenth of their energy!

The programed/forecast rain arrived about an hour ago ... you guys would call it a sprinkle, but it is enough to have some moving in the gutter! The temp is only supposed to reach a high of 57 today - and hence the rain - you know that it must be overcast.

I managed to "dump" a good-sized portion of the firewood in the garage so I would not have to go out in the rain to replenish the fireplace - it was nice to have a fire last evening while the kids watched a Christmas movie. The garage is full of Santa's gifts and all the 15 boxes of Decorations with the car sitting outside AGAIN!

Willie - One of my cousins from Beaumont (now departed) was the same age as I am; She had a real "gift of gab" and she used to tell about the 6 of them (5 girls 1 boy) being crammed into the 40's auto for a six-hour ride with her father puffing on a pipe which he would knock the ashes on the side of the car and they would fly back into the back seat where they were constantly trying to snuff out the embers which put holes in their dresses - girls wore dresses back then!
The way she would embellish the story would have everyone in stitches.

FLO -- good morning - I'd like a couple of eggs sunny-up with sausage, hash browns, sourdough toast with lots of butter .. please don't forget the harbonaro sauce.

Karl- I'm dealing with the tail end of a cold and it's annoying as heck! My wife chases me around with Lysol when I'm sick and wipes everything I touch.

Same here Bob , I went upstairs to use the "facilities" , shortly after I heard the Lysol spray being used, but I couldn't tell if it was because of the germs, or because medications tend to make me odiferous! o_O:rolleyes::eek:;)

Good morning gang!

Feeling a bit better today, coughed up a lot of phlegm earlier, so my breathing is better, and now the tummy is growling!

Flo! May I have some flapjacks with sausage gravy and biscuits on the side to start??

Willie Those tanks actually come as kits? I've always seen them pre-assembled. I must get out more often! Oh and replace that cardboard with a piece of 1/4 inch tempered glass. Put kit instructions under it for protection, CA and paint cleans up easily with a razor blade, and it makes for a smooth, flat assembly surface!
20170121_150002.jpg

Snoopy.png

Isn't this appropriate?

L8ter gang!

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone!

Thanks to all who liked my stuff!

Flo - how 'bout a couple of eggs over medium, corned beef hash, wheat toast and coffee.

Bob - 3 legged scooters :rolleyes: ahh - I'd rather have 2. I've talked to a couple of guys that really like them.
I test rode one (just because I went with a couple of friends) at an open house and it was ok. It didn't do anything for me. I would never give-up my 2-wheeled Harleys. I'm not much of a fan of sidecars either.

When I get sick, the Mrs. sets out 4 or 5 hand sanitizer bottles and tells me to always use them. Get well quickly, as you don't want to be sick for Christmas!

Chet - you posted the mobile home before and for some reason it looks much better. Your modeling skills can even make a trailer look good! ;):)

Willie - sounds like you had a lot of fun in the train shed, yesterday! Of course, that's what it's all about!
Don't put too much glue on the tank container. If you ever get down on your luck, you know where to get some fast cash! ;)lol

Justin - 3-bay coal hoppers have always been my favorite cars. Growing up in coal country, I always liked seeing them. Later on, I hauled coal and would be dumping or loading right beside hoppers, as they would be doing the same. But, anytime I want to watch them, I live only 2 miles from the CN (ex-B&LE) tracks! :)

I just about have all of the rail yard tracks laid. Another ½ hour and I can install some feeders, then get to the real fun of staging cars in the yard!!!

Everyone have a nice day!
Jim

The Milwaukee @ Cyr, MT
YRk6skQ.jpg

W. Memphis TN
0xqLTvf.jpg

Last edited:
Afternoon,

Crazy here at work. You'd think everyone would have taken the day off since we'll have the next 2 days. Woke up Early Sunday morning with a bad crick in my neck. Been all day yesterday trying to get it to calm down. Awake every hour and a half last night. Today I've been trying to get the muscle spasms to quit. Not enough Advil.....

Finally caught up on the site.

Also A Merry Christmas to all as I will be out the next 2 days.

Afternoon All,

Did some chores earlier and now I'm waiting for the UCF/Marshal bowl game that comes on in about 45 minutes.

Alan- Neat looking tank loco.

Sherrel- Enjoy your grandkids before they turn into teenagers:eek:.

Justin- Thanks for sharing the video.

Karl- That is a really neat workbench...I like it!

Jim- Great bridge photo.

Patrick- I hope your neck feels better and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Bob - 3 legged scooters :rolleyes: ahh - I'd rather have 2. I've talked to a couple of guys that really like them.
I test rode one (just because I went with a couple of friends) at an open house and it was ok. It didn't do anything for me. I would never give-up my 2-wheeled Harleys. I'm not much of a fan of sidecars either.

When I get sick, the Mrs. sets out 4 or 5 hand sanitizer bottles and tells me to always use them. Get well quickly, as you don't want to be sick for Christmas!

Two wheels was out of the question when we got that because of my elbow. Now, we wouldn't go back to two wheels. It's that much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back