Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVII

Sweet-groundhog-with-food_zpsybr7yrfl.png

COFFEE_CREME1.png

Good Morning! Today is Mon 2/2/15.

Cloudy and windy today with a high of 20.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Thank you Terry, but that is too high of a price for me, maybe if it was in O gauge or a Bicentennial paint scheme.

It would be great to have a Penn Central century locomotive but a GP would be great too.

You are absolutely right in that the kid in me would love to have it, but the small businessman in me will not open up the check book to buy a locomotive on eBay that is $50 higher then MB Klein. http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/C430-Locomotives-HO-Scale-s/3603.htm That is not a knock against eBay, I would feel the same about any out of state dealers. eBay is one of the safest place to buy anything. eBay's buyer protection program is fantastic, but once the time limit expires I am on my own.

I bought the GG1 because of Amazon's insane price, but it's still in the box. I would worry if I bought this and left it in the box.

I hope MB Klein will get more in stock and if they do I will get an email. Even at $199.99 I would not have to worry if I left it in the box because I know MB Klein can help me if I have a problem down the road. I would not expect them to service it for free after the warranty expires, but they may, I know they will certainly do it for a reduced price at least.

My hands are not what they use to be and HO is becoming challenging for me to work on. For me it's buy new and run it as it comes out of the box in HO and maybe N scale too because the more I see N scale the more I want them too! Even in O gauge I don't buy "projects" any more.

To satisfy the little kid in me I have bought more then a dozen Tyco century 430s and I have restored several of them to original condition and the others I have for parts and for future work with my grandsons. I will endure the pain to work on those.

I am not opposed to over paying or taking a risk for something very special to me, but this locomotive it not that special to me.

My wife and I have plans to buy another house. It won't be 3 floors like this one, but it will have a much bigger basement for me to play in! Maybe then I will be buying things that are over priced more often because I am thinking I will have O, HO and N scale layouts to put the new stuff through it's paces within a few days of it's arrival. For now I am only looking for very special things and or big discounts.

I thank you for taking the time to find it. I always appreciate the help you give me, thank you for everything!

Louis, I don't know what I'm going to use. There are several possibilities, I have several undecorated Athearn Blue Box F7 kits, that could become PC F7s, or I can repaint and re letter a couple of Proto GP9s, (former PRR Ph2), that need decoders and new axle gears. I think I even have the decals. Right now, they are moved with a PRR power.

The first year of the Penn Central there was a gradual transition, with patch outs and repaints, for all types of rolling stock, but many locos remained in PRR or NYC paint for quite a while. That's what I'm looking to replicate.

Boris I like your plans!

I worked at the consolidated coal piers and Curtis bay piers here in Baltimore as a coal sampler when I was young. We were supplied by the B&O, WM and PRR lines. I got to see all kinds of locomotives. You could see NYC, PRR and PC locomotives in the same train. I only wish I had paid more attention to the locomotives so I could better remember now.

Thanks for sharing your hobby with me, I greatly enjoy it. If you can and have the time some pictures would be appreciated too!

Big E you are making great progress!!!

Bob I hope you stay safe and warm. Give us an update to let us know how you made out after work.

Good morning everybody!

35 with fog and a light coating of snow overnight in southeast Baltimore.

How about that super bowl? I don't like either team but it was a great game. I don't agree with everyone criticizing Pete Carroll, he made a good call, but the defense made a great play! That young lady Katy Perry sure is pretty and was fun to watch!

Have a great day everybody!

Good morning, it is raining and 40.
Louis, I bought the PC engine in the video from MBK. It was the absolute last one they had, several months ago, and they have not gotten any more since.

Boris I like your plans!

I worked at the consolidated coal piers and Curtis bay piers here in Baltimore as a coal sampler when I was young. We were supplied by the B&O, WM and PRR lines. I got to see all kinds of locomotives. You could see NYC, PRR and PC locomotives in the same train. I only wish I had paid more attention to the locomotives so I could better remember now.

Thanks for sharing your hobby with me, I greatly enjoy it. If you can and have the time some pictures would be appreciated too!

Louis, like many people, I was hell bent on replicating the Pennsylvania Railroad, which with all the equipment and parts available, is a somewhat easy task, as long as the funds hold out :rolleyes:. However at some point, I realized that I was trying to model what I remembered, from 1967, rather than the transition era that most PRR modelers are interested in. It also occurred to me that I was there only for one year, of the PRR, but the entire span of the PCs existence. So now, my purpose is to model the PC, with emphasis on the early years, when it wasn't so bad. So that's my current philosophy. I just need to develop and improve upon my modeling skills.

Good morning

I like all of the photos. Steam or diesel are fine with me.

Evidently, my experiment with movies did not work well. ... Perhaps, I should have said to click on the link (a picture) to watch the movie. ... Nobody said anything. ... Oh well. My movie skills are not good anyhow.

Keep warm, everybody.

Good morning, y'all. It's currently 37° and raining in Central Jersey. It appears that something else might be mixing with the rain, but that also might be an illusion. There is a thin coat of slush on the driveway, that needs attention, before it re-freezes. Not going anywhere until tomorrow, so it's a good day to work on my railroad.

Good morning

Evidently, my experiment with movies did not work well. ... Perhaps, I should have said to click on the link (a picture) to watch the movie. ... Nobody said anything. ... Oh well. My movie skills are not good anyhow.

Keep warm, everybody.

Had to go back, as I thought that it was picture only, nice wee video nonetheless!
Maybe try YouTube next time, for a bigger screen...

Looking forward to another one!

Don't feel bad Boris, I have no modeling skills or any real focus to my hobby. You are doing better than me!

I have CSX, Chessie (my favorite) B&O, Conrail and PRR diesels. on my wish list I have more of the same and Penn Central and Western Maryland diesels.

I have some steam engines too, I now use for Christmas.

I am primarily focused on Lionel O, but I have several HO and I have become very intrigued by N scale as well!

I have 3 different command control systems and numerous conventional power supplies.

I am simply put a toy train junkie. I know I need help, but I don't want help because I have not had this much fun since I was 8 years old!

As long as my wife is not complaining about the time, space or money, I am ok and so far all is great on that front! My wife is even onboard to buying a house with a bigger basement for me to play in.

Morning All,

Yesterday I cleaned the dust off my layout building roofs. I was going to start cleaning track but decided to wait a week or so until it is closer to when my Uncle arrives. I did run my Dad's C&O 2-6-6-2 around the layout and to several stops in the TT area. My next project will be to turn the first yard track (closest to the Main) into a passing siding. I think this will help when I have a train running straight thru and I have another working on a siding. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I start that project.

The boys got up without issue today and MOH got them to school. We may need to pick them up from Karate at 5 PM depending on what is going on with our daughter. SIL works 7A-7P.

I should be getting some HO figures in the mail today so I can finish my last project.

Garry- Nice video. I found the same stopping and jerking when I play them out of my video section of my computer. When I load them into YouTube then they run smooth. Not sure why that is, maybe some computer knowledgeable person can explain that because I don't understand why that should be.

Oh, I almost forgot. I finally named my layout after 4 years! LOL. I have named it the PRR Bellevue Sub. Real location in Ohio but fictitious layout. The 2 towns I have are Bellevue and Attica. They were on the sub going to the coaling docks at Sandusky.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning

Keep warm, everybody.

Garry, I did view and comment on your video yesterday. It is not bad, especially if you are not used to shooting video.

Terry ... I just went back and saw the comment. Thanks very much.

Curt .... Thanks for commenting about the video. ... That is a good name for your railroad.

So, the groundhog predicts 6 more weeks of winter. Not good news to most people.

NKP587WILSHIREOH1952_zpsbroaho3t.png

NKP Mikado #587, Wilshire OH, 1952. This engine still exists and is owned by the City of Indianapolis and operated by the Indiana Transportation Museum in Noblesville IN.
Sandy Goodrick photo

Good morning

Keep warm, everybody.

Garry your movies skills are better then you think and your layout is fantastic! I am sorry I missed the link I took your post to mean the video would be coming soon. I did however miss your birthday wishes for my wife, thank you :)

I also missed other birthday wishes for my wife Ken, BigE and Curt, thank you as well! If I have missed any others, please forgive me.

Thank you all for thinking of my wife. She had a great day by the way. She is the general manager of her store and she could have scheduled herself off for the day, but my pretty little Angel is dedicated and Saturdays are one of her busiest days so she never takes off on Saturdays. I am very proud of her!!!

I do appreciate all of you and I would never intentionally ignore anyone. I have great respect for all of my train brothers and sisters. If I ever miss something I assure you it is an oversight. I hold all of you in the highest regard! If it were otherwise I would tell you in no uncertain terms.

Back