Running Bear's Coffee Shop September 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know Terry will not float away, the concern is loss of power.
I have two generators to power my wife's oxygen machine, as well as refrigerator and freezer, and enough fuel for 44 hours' continuous operation. After that, we have three backup oxygen tanks good for another 20 hours. We should be able to get somewhere with power within that three day period, if needed.

Guess that I am on the downhill side of the 70's today! Thank you all for the BD wishes - I appreciate it a bunch.

For my birthday I would like to ask you all to "Bookmark" this website and click on it 1st thing when you sit down having your coffee every morning. It does not cost a dime- not even a penny, but it just may help an organization somewhere that is trying to save animals. If you click on something that says "more" it will show the day,month, year totals of clicks.
https://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/clicktogive/ars/home

Hiya gang!
Everyone, meet Budd. 6 month old Shepard mix. We welcomed him into the family from Saving Grace Animal Rescue.
Sherril you are right, support your local rescue!
11971.jpeg

11972.jpeg

The power just went out here. By the time I went downstairs and started one of the generators, it had come back on.
I think it's gonna be a long night...

You're probably right, Terry. The NWS has downgraded the storm to "Extra Tropical" and is no longer issuing regular advisories.

Karl: That's an energetic dog. Good luck with him.

Boris

Happy birthday Sherrell!

Karl, will it still be safe for me to visit your house now? Budd looks like he's slightly baring his teeth in that first photo...

Terry [and everybody still in the path of the storm], stay safe! I think the remnant is suppose to swirl directly over Maryland tomorrow...

KARL -- With those ears, maybe you should call him EARBUD .... then everytime you say his name he will think you are calling him!
:eek::p:rolleyes:
I think his markings are great! Luv the white feet.

If you click on the map of the US - it will list all the rescues that the website supports!

Well -- Today I was told that I am NOT coming to the end of my road, but the road is getting shorter - thanks a lot!

I just did a few photos (a bit dark) on some Ip6s (5.5) speakers I got samples of, but they are too wide (18mm) for most HO diesel long hoods that I know of (51 x 18 x 4.5mm). They could fit possibly into the fuel tanks of some 6 axle locos or maybe into the radiators of some. Has anyone ever had need to remove the radiator piece from the shell of a Genesis SD70ACe or know if it can be removed?

Happy birthday Sherrell!

Karl, will it still be safe for me to visit your house now? Budd looks like he's slightly baring his teeth in that first photo...

Terry [and everybody still in the path of the storm], stay safe! I think the remnant is suppose to swirl directly over Maryland tomorrow...

Ken, no worries. He's a big pussycat.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 72.
The power flickered on and off a few more times, but never stayed off more than a few minutes.
Getting to work today should prove to be an adventure, with flooded roads and downed trees/power lines.

Good Morning All. 74° and partly cloudy. Taking my wife to the doctor today to discuss the results of a recent EKG and follow-up test. While there I am going to have them check out a growing lump on the back of my neck. Small lump has been there for over 50 years, stated growing about a week after he changed one of my prescriptions. Don't know if there is a connection.

Thanks for all of the comments regarding the structures, Garry, Louis, Chet, and anyone else that I may have missed. I'll try to keep up to date with postings, but I won't actually be starting anything for another ten days or so.

Spent only a little time in the train shed yesterday, as after Mass we went to lunch with some friends from the parish. I did drill holes and set most of the remaining fenceposts. Glued a bit more top rail to the posts but that is a slow process. I apply super glue to 2-3 posts and set everything in place and then go off and do something else that keeps my attention long after the glue has set. Did some train running because that's why I have spent so much money!:rolleyes:

Joe -
Meanwhile, I have utilized my son's strength and energy, to complete some landscaping projects.
As we say around here, "Make hay while the sun shines". Good to read that his place appears undamaged; I'm sure he wants to get back quickly.
I hear you on your statement regarding disaster reactions. I saw it first hand (from a near distance) with Hurricane Harvey last fall and have seen it with other tropical events on the Texas Gulf Coast over the years. I don't blame anything on any one politician. You would think that in this day and time, federal and state disaster response teams would have their stuff together. Katrina, Sandy, Andrew, Rita, Harvey and Charley: it's not like they haven't had practice.
Chet -
I think that these are the first that I have seen of a larger part of your layout. Previously you only posted small areas. Nice to see a bit more of it. Any more ???
It's hard for me to take overall shots is the reason that I haven't really posted any. I'll have to fool around a bit to see what I can come up with.
Karl - Budd looks like a great score! But how long will he keep those white feet clean?
Sherrel -
Where is CURT and KEN D&J?
Curt is at his brother's place helping with his SIL's recovery. Ken is just AWOL, probably on a road trip.
So glad that you have decided to stay with us a few more years, beats the alternative.

Everybody have a great day and a great week.

Good morning everyone. 67 and sunny here.

My wife and I had a weekend "getaway" in Branson this weekend at our favorite B&B. Drove down Friday afternoon, spent the evening shopping, went to Silver Dollar City (great tourist attraction) most of Saturday, and took in a show (The Haygoods, a super show!) Saturday evening, then went antique shopping Sunday morning before heading home. Fun and relaxing weekend - personally I needed that!

Garry (and any others interested) - If you and your friends make a return trip to Branson sometime, and you don't mind spending a little extra, try the Bradford Inn B&B - check 'em out online - room prices vary - great view of Branson from atop one of the higher hills, each room has a different decor theme, and the breakfast is insane!! We stay there 2 or 3 times a year - even though we only live 45 minutes from Branson, we like to have these weekend getaways for our sanity's sake!!

FYI - Silver Dollar City starts every day with a flag-raising ceremony, pledge of allegiance, and singing of the national anthem. They invite veterans and active duty armed forces to march to the flag pole. I've done this before, and participated again this time. It's nice to hear "Thank you for your service" from folks.

This photo has nothing to do with the opening ceremony I just described, but they had this in the drop-off area - couldn't resist!
SilverDollarCity_9_15_18.jpg

So, after a busy weekend away from home, nothing to report from the train room.

Terry - Stay dry and hope your power stays on.

Have a good day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back