Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG TIME BUMMER!
The Spousal Unit and I had just parked in the Riverside Train Station and being Presidents Day - no traffic - we had an extra 30 min to kill before the train left when the phone rang. I almost did not answer it as I did not recognize the number. It was the Doctors Office calling to cancel the appointment; The Vascular Surgeon has the flu so they wanted to reschedule the appointment. Now I have to figure out how to apply for a refund on our tickets which I purchased online just before leaving home. The Metro tickets are only good for the day purchased and have to be purchased the same day as planning to travel - STRANGE? The tickets I now have will expire at 3 AM tomorrow morning!

Well, The missus was hungry, so while rummaging for my "TAP cards" (like a credit card for passage on the Subway) which I never did find, I did came across 2 Ihop $25 gift cards that I did not remember. We managed to find an Ihop about 2 miles from the train station at which we had a delightful breakfast.

WILLIE SWMBO did not find a compliant anywhere, except to critique my driving - once getting out of town when I ran a STOP sign at full speed which was not there two weeks ago (even had a flashing light), and once when I almost turned up the "off ramp" of the 91 Expressway looking for the train station! TTL there was almost NO TRAFFIC either time!

Ken D&J - Good to hear that your trip was uneventful. Sorry to hear of the reason. He really knew a lot of people for sure!

ken in MD - Glad to hear that you have beat-en off the gremlins. I will have the ambulance with the White Coat Guys stand down - they need a rest after their bout with Justin!

CHET - Keep your darn snow at home! They are predicting high winds around here with sub freezing temps tonight and a snow level down to 1500 feet! At the moment we have clear blue sky as far as I can see.

"Right Turn, Clyde!"

Chet: You at get your wish, read somewhere yesterday that PECO was going to North American standard Code 70 in place of their Euro Standard Code 75.

Both Shinohara and Micro Engineering Code 70 lines lack # 5 Frog switches. I like PECO and Micro Engineering because of the sprung switch points, that don't require a ground throw.

They didn't have any traction and they were just spinning their wheels. Heated up and melted the rails.

Joe could probably answer that better than me.

Afternoon All,

Back from the family event but wife and daughter took off someplace. I should be able to start on the tower signs tomorrow.

Ken- I hope your siding is at 100%.

Karl- Very nice picture.

Terry- It's what he knows.

Willie- Here's a shocker...No one understands women!

I hope everyone has a good night.

Chet - what on earth did they do to that track in your rail photo???

Caused by an RCO. The operator was on the other end of the train with his remote, and didn't know it was slipping. After some time, he walked to the engine and found out why it wasn't moving.

Today was a paid holiday so I got to stay home and catch up on stuff, including some sleep. I pulled one of the modules out of the transport box to rework the crossover track. It just wasn't carrying voltage very well at the Timonium show. I resoldered the power routing from the Tortoise Machines to the tracks and it seems to be working fine now.
We have another show this weekend in Fredericksburg, VA so I'll be moving the module set down to the expo center on Friday afternoon to set up. Show times are Sat 10am - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 4pm.

Well I got a pleasant surprise today. Got both of my packages via my neighbor who has been gone these past few days. His address is the reverse of mine. How you mess that up I'll never know....

Justin

Well I got a pleasant surprise today. Got both of my packages via my neighbor who has been gone these past few days. His address is the reverse of mine. How you mess that up I'll never know....

Justin

Justin,

You have talked like this has been an ongoing problem with the USPS miss-delivering your mail. I would suggest discussing this with the carrier; or, the Post Office and Post Master where he works. This would seem to be a fairly easy fix!

Mark

Justin,

You have talked like this has been an ongoing problem with the USPS miss-delivering your mail. I would suggest discussing this with the carrier; or, the Post Office and Post Master where he works. This would seem to be a fairly easy fix!

Mark

We just bought our house and had the same issue with not only the USPS but UPS as well. Right down the street is the same street number as mine, just a different street name. Needless to say, after stopping both the mail carrier and the local UPS driver, a little bribery (wife's homemade caramel corn), my packages now arrive on time and on target. Just talk to your mail carrier, I'm sure it is an easy fix.

Got all the way up to 3 above. The sun is just going down and the temp dropped to minus 5.

Sending you some cooler air Willie.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Olie, glad to see you made it! I see your post number is climbing as well - Now you are getting somewhere, I hope.

Needless to say, after stopping both the mail carrier and the local UPS driver, a little bribery (wife's homemade caramel corn), my packages now arrive on time and on target. Just talk to your mail carrier, I'm sure it is an easy fix.

Olie: You never met Floyd, the substitute letter carrier. Dense and disinterested. I can always tell when Floyd is working.

Got all the way up to 3 above. The sun is just going down and the temp dropped to minus 5.

Sending you some cooler air Willie.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chet,

I read an article today on the weather channel that focused on your weather this winter. You guys haven't caught a break. Lots of snow, and brutal temps. How unusual is this for your area?

Olie: You never met Floyd, the substitute letter carrier. Dense and disinterested. I can always tell when Floyd is working.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe it helped I was in uniform at the time. Not many military people in my neighborhood so maybe that had something to do with it. You could always throw on a sidearm and shoulder a long gun before heading to the mailbox......

Hey all. Olie stopping in to say hi.
Olie Don't let what happened to me, happen to you. I found this forum in Nov, and stumbled into the coffee shop shortly thereafter having all intentions of getting a train room built in my shop, doing my benchwork and start layin track. Christmas came along and the "spousal unit" of 45 yrs, who I shall refer to as my "tender" since I always seem to be in her sight, seemed to have one project after another in an attempt to keep me away from trains. So, I started watching the coffee shop fellows videos of their railroads. I have ridden all over the US and Austraulia at the expense of others. I have become a digital or "virtual" HOBO!! Sooner rather than later I will get the train room started, and use all I have learned from this fine group of gentlemen. Welcome.

Dave in PV aka Pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back