Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been one of those days in Railroad Land. Installed two new wires for the lighting section that's not controlled by a switch. When I was adding wires to a terminal I notice two black and white wires. Well, they are the feeds from the 12 volt transformer.

Could of just cut one and ran a wire to the control panel, soldered it to a switch and be done.....&#@&^%!!! Wasted time.

Greg

I'm not sure that this forum is a spot for discussing politics or related issues....but problems with our health care health relates to several concerns I have...

-One insurance company recorded over two BILLION dollars for their first quarter profits!!! Nice, who paid for this profit level?

-High cost of drugs in the US compared to Canada and other countries.

-Congress members should pay for insurance like we do and then guess what...!

-Develop a National Health Care system that is not dependent on the states deciding what to allow to spread the costs to insure everyone.

Enough said.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been making some progress despite taking off with Dad for a couple of hours earlier.
My weekly cleaning lady was here this morning and came out to my sun-porch/train room to ask me something.
Instead she just pointed to layout and "now THAT is SO cool!!!".
I'm not able to turn a full lap yet. Wait until she sees some landscaping and all other manner of coolness.

And just before posting this I closed the outside track so now I'm doing laps!!!!

Here are some pics.

View attachment 62573View attachment 62574View attachment 62575

Looks like I need to start thinking about landscaping materials sooner than anticipated.
My solo engine has been turning laps for about 30 minutes now and narry a problem.
I'm quite pleased!!
I think I'll give it a rest for a while and hookup some of the cars I've been working on and see what happens.
E.

The photos didn't download Eric

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What a bunch of BS. My post shows "Attachment" links which you can click on.
Why they come on in like usual I don't know.
But if you click on the attachment links they work. For me anyway....

NewCon_731_3.jpg

View attachment 62576

Well, I don't want to start an argument, but they have a note that comes up saying: "contact administrator".

Got the one phone Eric. You are moving ahead. Keep the pictures coming

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

View attachment 62576
It's weird; they don't work for me in the original post, but they do in following posts.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Good evening.

O's kept Britton and Brach, as well as Castillo and Smith, and picked up Tim Beckham and Hellickson. Ubaldo has pitched through 6 innings, allowing but one run. Game tied 1-1. Meanwhile, in Miami, Washington's Gio Gonzalez has held Miami hitless through 7. What a trade deadline day.

Good evening.

O's kept Britton and Brach, as well as Castillo and Smith, and picked up Tim Beckham and Hellickson. Ubaldo has pitched through 6 innings, allowing but one run. Game tied 1-1. Meanwhile, in Miami, Washington's Gio Gonzalez has held Miami hitless through 7. What a trade deadline day.

Last evening I Watched the movie: The Rookie. A great baseball movie IMHO!

Greetings. First of all: Thank you everybody for the kind comments about my square foot of scenery - I don't want to name names for fear of missing somebody.

Chet - I forgot to comment earlier on your photo of the NP covered hopper: Fine-looking car!

Curt - Maybe too late, but if not - I vote for the roof on the left.

KenL Trees are awesome! Can wait to see them in person! (hint, hint run session) ;)
I'd love to do one too, Karl, but my trainspace is currently a disaster area with scenery-related s**t piled up everywhere, floors and layout surfaces.:eek:

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with my tree-making project. My preferred method of "dressing" a tree armature is to apply spray adhesive, sprinkle-on the leaf material, then seal everything with hairspray. Since I can't do solvent-based spraying indoors, and I have a full-time day job, the only times I can get enough daylight outdoors is on Tuesday afternoons [when I leave work early] and on weekends - after the yard maintenance chores are finished. The other four evenings of the week are unavailable since my "free" time [8:30-10:30pm] doesn't begin until after sunset. I want to order a collapsible spray painting booth, but SWMBO wants me to wait a month for that because we just got bills for car insurance and our youngest daughter's college tuition - and we're just plain broke! Life can sure be a PITA sometimes...

Ken in MD ... your post sounds like a common situation in many households. Too much month at the end of the money. Maybe next month you can get the spray booth. Some guys have made their own and you might consider that.

Eric. .. it is great to see you building a layout and running a locomotive.

Cheers, everybody.

Just got an email from Jim's Model Trains with the following: "JUST ADDED TO OUR CLOSEOUTS... All HO and N scale Woodland Scenics Just Plug kits, street lights, wall lights and accessories."

This holds no interest for me, personally, but I've seen them discussed here. Didn't these kits come out just a few months ago? Why close them out?

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Good morning. 63° and sunny. Last night, Ubaldo's performance, was probably his best this season, the O's won 2-1, but Ubaldo didn't get the decision. Gio lost his no hitter in the 9th, and was promptly pulled. Nats won 1-0.

Some critter(s) are munching on my tomatoes. :mad:.

Didn't these kits come out just a few months ago? Why close them out?

Beady: They are expensive, and not as simple to use as advertised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back