Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

Here is a preview of my bridge project.

There is much more work remaining. I am connecting upper level tracks which are 8' apart. Most will be connected with different types of bridges. This part has some of a steel trestle with a 36" curve in it.

SD7%20300%20br_zpsdblx2cme.jpg

Speaking of cooking tips, I'm here on the computer right now while waiting for the pressure canner to come up to temperature with the seven pints of green snap beans in it. That's all from my picking this morning. Picked 4.5 pounds and have to repeat tomorrow. Could have done one more pint but the canner only holds seven jars. I don't do quarts anymore because that's too much for us to eat at one time.

Willie

Afternoon All,

The veggie pick got cancelled, but MOH had me run some errands instead. I spent a couple of hours working on the detail parts, concrete pad, and wood ramp. The last actual wood part of the building to do is add the wood supports under the base of the building. I should finish the kit Sunday.

Chet- Safe travels and have fun.

Sherrel- Enjoy the desert before it gets so hot you spontaneously combust.

Garry- Great looking bridge. Is it produced by ME?

I hope everyone has a good night.

Historic day

On May 26, 1934, the Burlington Pioneer Zephyr made its historic 1015 mile trip from Denver to Chicago in 785 minutes.

Good afternoon gang!

Slow afternoon in the shop, so I've been busy catching up. Its been a week and I've felt like I just read War and Peace! I'll catch up more later.

Damm!!! Lost my favorite pair of readers. I hope a store in town carries them!

I need to figure out something to do for a work bench/table in here!!

I'm also curious if anyone knows of anyone who makes a model paint bottle shaker.
Kind of like those cans shakers at the big-box store except made for these 1/4 and 1/2 oz. bottles like Testor's comes in.

I also need a CD player for my laptop. My brother says they make them just for laptops that don't come with a CD player. Apparently that is becoming a norm.
I suppose they hookup via USB.
E

I know it's not a paint shaker,but this little booger works great and is cheap too. http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=paint+mixer&Submit=

I'm also curious if anyone knows of anyone who makes a model paint bottle shaker.
Kind of like those cans shakers at the big-box store except made for these 1/4 and 1/2 oz. bottles like Testor's comes in.

I also need a CD player for my laptop. My brother says they make them just for laptops that don't come with a CD player. Apparently that is becoming a norm.
E

That's right Eric, laptop manufacturers stopped having built-in DVD drives because that was was they were doing 90% of their warranty repairs on. I had to buy an external one for mine, and it does run directly off the USB port (power and signal).

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=external%20dvd%20drive%20for%20laptop&typeahead=external%20dvd%20drive

E

BigE ....paint shaker?? Like this E??

http://www.micromark.com/Paint-Shaker-120v-AC

http://www.micromark.com/Paint-Shaker-120v-AC

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to bad, that's 77.579 miles per hour!

Bbwells ... Yep. Accomplished on a tight budget in the Great Depression. In that day, there was no welded rail. Remarkably, today's government decision makers think they must spend billions of dollars for their high speed rail boondoggles which do the same thing.

Curt. Thank you. It is ME.

I've ridden Amtrak down the Calif. coast and the top speed was 60 MPH yet I had some friends visit who took the train back to the East coast and she said they were doing 80! Different rules for different railroads?

Historic day

On May 26, 1934, the Burlington Pioneer Zephyr made its historic 1015 mile trip from Denver to Chicago in 785 minutes.

Even growing up on the east coast the Zephyr was and still is Iconic. it's image was bolstered because it came through the great depression, when the country needed heroes the most! To triumph against all odds goes right to the heart of the American dream. Power, speed, beauty and luxury, what a package!

That is why ever since Lionel came out with it's Zephyrs I had been dreaming of having one. Of course I choose the fictional Christmas Zephyr, but that's true to me and my train hobby. It is still a Zephyr and I love it! I plan on spending some time playing with it on my birthday, thanks to my wife for the wonderful birthday gift! http://www.lionel.com/products/christmas-legacy-pioneer-zephyr-6-38848
zephyr.PNG

638848-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back