Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

Nice video Gene. You should post some photos of the layout. Scenery really looks good. How did the steamer wreck heading into the engine house ????

small-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Afternoon All,

Today I installed the building light on the terminal building (I really like it) and I received in the mail today the next wood kit on the agenda. The only outside activity on tap this week that I know of is Wednesday, MOH and I are at the school inventorying library books for the end of year. School is out for summer a week Wednesday.

Sherrel- What's written on the pedestrian bridge in the videos? I can't make it out.

Terry- Nice job on the diesel. The 2 Y6b's were cool, but then I thought about their cost including the 2 extra water tenders...Ouch!

Toot- Nice video. Climax locomotives fascinate me.

Garry- Great picture. I also like the track crossovers.

Dave- I'll second Chet's club suggestion. That's how I started back into MRR'ing.

Gene- Nice videos. I have one of the single motor versions that would barely run out of the box. I took out the crap Bachmann board and put in a motor Digitrax decoder and now it runs OK and smooth but for some reason I almost have to max throttle speed to get it to move, so it is basically stop, or go. At least it runs at a slow real life speed.

20170515_130522_zpsf4wohp5g.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Ran across this while I was researching Newton's Third Law of Physics today:
"For every action there is an equal and opposite government program."
Love it.

Thanks guys....that is the club layout at the British Model Railway Club of Montreal of which I am a member. The guys don't mind me running my foriegn stuff on the layout as long as it isn't during an openhouse or at an exhibition. Chet, I wasn't there but I suspect either too much speed or Godzilla made an appearance. Curt...I have had good luck with my 44-tonners...they all ran well straight out of the box except one was pretty noisy. This one is one that I bought from Tony's Trains and had them install the sound-decoder,speaker and stay-alive. I can fit devoders and speakers in larger locos but this was beyond my capabilities.

Good afternoon, we are on a little trip but I thought I would check in. It reached 80 yesterday and has cooled off a lot for today, about 72 right now.

Dave - Great to hear that the show was a success for you. Sounds like you weren't listing as high as you might have been able to go!

Everybody have an awesome day.

Willie

It was nice having my wife man the table when I was out walking around, but she also was a little anxious to reduce my collection. I stood firm on just about everything, did let one loco go a little cheap, but honestly everything was not going to fit into the new plan.

I still went home with two full boxes of stuff. Some very peculiar things did sell, I realize more than anything a lot of people have limited room on their layouts so generally the small buildings sold the best, with one exception.

I was hoping to sell some of the highly detailed items, knowing we will be moving again I dread opening up the boxes when the mover is done.

Dave - Nice photo, sounds like you did good. 500 bucks? going to your new layout???? Would liked to had a chance to get that little Milwaukee Road FM switcher. A club may be an alternative for you if you don't build a layout. I didn't know that there was a club over the pass in Livingston until recently. I am planning to probably get over there next Saturday in fact. Unfortunately for me, their club hour don't work well for me. Meeting an Tuesday and Saturday at 7 PM.

Later

Hi Chet, the money is going into the "general fund", but there is plenty for the new layout. Building the Wyoming depot should take a good 2 months, so that will keep me busy for a while. That is one of those projects which will take very little money but a lot of time and patience.

I love that switcher as well!! Surprised no one was interested in it. In fact, it was mostly a bunch of little accessories that added up to the sum. It was actually $541.00. I am going to hold on to all the stuff that is left over and will be running it when I want to break the rules. Unfortunately, I sold the caboose that went with it.

"And all who sail *in* us." Get it right, dammit!

Spent last night making sure our computers were updated. There is an official Windows patch for XP, 7 and 8 on the MS site. They weren't going to support the older systems, but this was a special case. Damned right it was!

I've actually made a start on the basement! No big deal, really; it's now mainly a matter of reorganizing one big mess into a lot of smaller messes, but this is one case where it doesn't help to think of the bigger picture.

Spent yesterday afternoon helping to lug my MIL up and down hills at a public garden that's not handicapped accessible. She's a frail 94 and refuses to use a wheelchair for anything. I've had a heart attack and have a bad back, and my BIL has a gimpy leg. Just for fun, they also parked at the top of a hill. I was the only one in the group that thought it was a bad idea.

Ah well, love and kisses to all. Where's the beer?

This signature is intended to irritate people.

No I will not say that. 1. I don't know what you and your twisted evil genius mind means by that. 2. Even though I don't understand it, I find it disturbing. It reminds me of an episode of Sponge Bob.

Take care of yourself, you can't help anybody if you become incapacitated or worse.

Bottom shelf, all the way in the back.

2. Even though I don't understand it, I find it disturbing. It reminds me of an episode of Sponge Bob.
Good! Someone finally gets it.

Now, about you and Sponge Bob...

Good to see you Bruce and no hard feelings from me either. That is long done and over with.

Hang tough, luck is like the tides, it comes and goes. Unless you are Terry, only Job had worse luck than Terry.

I love Sponge Bob, nobody has a better work ethic than Sponge Bob, but why can't this generation follow his example?

Not only that, the show is down right funny!

In the episode I was referring to Sandy (the squirrel) shrinks Sponge Bob, Patrick and some kind of "space craft" and puts them into Squidward's blood stream.

I use to have way too much idle time. That is no longer a problem.

I must admit I miss the time before my grandson started school. I enjoyed his company and his taste in TV shows.

In the episode I was referring to Sandy (the squirrel) shrinks Sponge Bob, Patrick and some kind of "space craft" and puts them into Squidward's blood stream.
Was Raquel Welch part of the crew?

Please, Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw the movie(s).

Yup, can't catch a break lately, scooter broken so no riding, PLUS it's been VERY chilly still so no great loss of scooter time even if the thing was running. Layout in a static mode until I can get my hands on MORE TRACK! And of course the Riv breaks down AGAIN! Whatever comes along to balance THIS out better be good! LOL

I'll tell you what Buddy, I'll happily trade situations with you right now!!!!
And, I have some track I'm slowly stockpiling.
I have about 16 turnouts, 2 re-railer pieces, about 2 dozen 18" curves, some 22" or 24" curves (still in GA) and 13 sections of untouched flex-track saved up so far. I'm kind of thin on scenery material but have a good supply of structure kits I'm working on.
All you have to do is put up with the after effects of this cancer - that's assuming it's gone. We won't know until my next CT scan on June 5.
E.

Word of advice: I would NOT take the offer.

Back