Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

I can do that. coffee.gif Got any sweet rolls ???

New spot! Start our conversations all over again for another 100 pages. Not sure if I can handle that much coffee.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Good afternoon coffee lovers,

Finally finished the big trestle, was great fun to build. Next is a CNR depot kit.

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

Have a great day everybody!

Mel

Gee! That looks an easy build Mel, just add a bit of wood there, tack another bit here. Simple......eh........yeah:):p

Evening All,

Ohh..Ahh, Shiny new Coffee Shop. Talked to Phil for a couple of minutes today and he says Hi. Today after about 3 months MOH decided we would finish putting in the Rubbermaid shelving in her closet. I know you ask why I didn't finish it months ago by myself? Those of you with significant others know that if I did it by myself that it would be "wrong" and not what she wanted although we talked about it several times.

Based on what Joe posted for me I decided it will be easier to make the pedestal signals (PL5) instead of the standard dwarfs (PL4) that people are used to seeing. I found a site from Indiana where a modeler had made them and they looked unique and interesting. I Googled the schematic of it so I have all the measurements. They will probably be made a little bigger than scale since in HO the entire signal (base, pole, and signals) are 1" tall (actually 31/32). I will probably do some initial trials with size but I expect to start in earnest after the first of the month.

Joe- Thanks for the response. I have a copy of the 1942 rule book and they were not in it. I initially started modeling the 40's timeframe but have moved into the 50's now.

Toot- Interesting about the turbine cars. Not being a car guy I didn't know they existed.

Mel- Beautiful work. I showed a picture to MOH and she said you can do that, and I responded that it was way too tall for anything on my layout, and she responded you can still do it!:confused:

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon fellow Rail Placers & Spike Drivers,
Hi Flo & Francine, You already have the new place set up, it must be nice to only having to move the dinner car down the track a ways to another spur. I'll have coffee and a Apple Fritter if you have any? Oh, great, sprinkle on some Cinnamon too if you would. Here's my $2.00 tip too.

Good afternoon Rail Layers and Spike Drivers;

Hi Flo & Francine, How about some coffee and a Apple Fritter with some Cinnamon on it. Ok, great!

It's Clear at 81.5 °F - Feels Like 80 °F
Wind gusts 1.2 mph from NNW

Today, No extended forecast.
Pressure 30.13 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Clear
Heat Index 80 °F
Dew Point 44 °F
Humidity 27%
Rainfall 0.00 in

Good morning.

David ... Yes. The third unit is a Great Northern. Prior to the blue paint, GN had a simplified paint scheme using its orange and dark green colors.

Cheers

Garry: I thought it might be, so even the real roads run a hogge-pogge of mixed equipment. Interesting.

Good Morning Folks. Last morning here in Gulf Shores, headed west for home with an overnight stop in Mississippi. Went to the Foley Train Museum yesterday and the camera battery failed after one picture. Had to use my wife's cell phone to take more. Hope that they turn out OK, but I won't be able to download until tomorrow or Friday after I get home.

David - If you were closer, I'd let you jump on my roof and sweep the chimney...LOL. Be sure not to overdo it.

Willie

Say Willie: If we were closer, and your roof wasn't too steep, I'd be glad to come over and use your chimney brush and rods to run them up and down in the flue. That reminds me I need to check mine out as I burned a fair amound last winter. I also need to get out and get some wood cut up for this Winter season but first I still nee to fix my tractors' starter.

Lol you are absolutely right. I haven't gotten a chance to put up barriers. The longer I wait the more likely I am to have another floor model and another broken heart. It's in the works though. However I don't know when I'll get around to actually doing it. I guess I need another oops first. Figure it'll be my Atlas U23B. It seems happy to derail all the time.

Say Dustin: Your Curved Trestle looks real nice alright. One thing I've often noticed on these wooden trestles, and I'm not trying to call out a mistake on your part, as they all seem to be the same, even the real ones, is that they have the fire barrel extentions every so often but no walkway between them? I guess the engineer has to try and stop the car with the Hot Box at the wright location but then the crewman would have to go from car to car to even climb down to get to the barrel of sand but with no walk way or much to hang onto it must be a scary thing to get to the fire barrel and back to the smoking HB?

Good Morning .. not going to say much as Someone is bound to start a new thread. Expecting 93 today - summer is back! Will be a shock after the cool days we just had.

TOOT -- Videos of that layout were very good - short and nice. Working signals - FANTASTIC! - AND The details on the layout were done very nice. It appeared that nothing was overlooked - someone did a very nice job of completing everything.

Haven't checked out the trucks .. found a couple more pic of the wheelsets. I will not be able to re-gauge them - maybe replace the wheelsets, but mostly looks as if the best route to take is to sell them and purchase On30 trucks.

Say Sherrel: That might be your best bet. Maybe I can help you out there?

David, Maybe that Nn3 scale runs on "T" scale's (1:450) track. Can't be more than 4mm gauge. (looked it up on Wiki, says 3mm)

Say Toot: Now that's getting rater tinny!

Got to run to a Chiropractor appt to see if he can possible releave my Left shoulder pain?

Later.

Good afternoon coffee lovers,

Finally finished the big trestle, was great fun to build. Next is a CNR depot kit.

View attachment 58998

View attachment 58999

Have a great day everybody!

Mel

Good Evening All. Sitting in a hotel room in Jackson MS, catching up on posts. Looks like the Coffee Shop moved.
I will hit the final model railroad museum tomorrow morning before making the 6+ hour final leg back to home sweet home. It is the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum. They have what has been described as a great layout(s). Their website describes an HO and an O scale layout, but also mentions four layouts total[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]Their website does a lousy job of describing the layouts...in my opinion.[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]I went to the Mississippi Coast Model Railroad Museum earlier today in Gulfport MS. Wasn't too impressed with their HO layout which is under construction but was supposed to be operational, but was stuck in "DCC hell" today. They had two Lego layouts that were pretty interesting. They had a Lionel O scale that looked good as well. Got some pictures for Louis, and all others of course. Lots of outdoor stuff for kids to ride on, and a G scale that is still under construction.

Mel - Wow! Impressive! I've been keeping up with your progress and have been impressed all the way. Looking forward to seeing it "planted" on the layout.

See you all tomorrow.

Willie

Good evening gang!

Mel, the trestle looks great! Good job!

We took down the drop ceiling in the basement this week. I found a lot of unused antenna and phone wires, plus about half of the wires holding up the grid were broken, or just plain hung wrong. So I'm going to tack up or remove all the wiring, rehang the grid correctly and put up all new drop panels. Yeah, one of these days the basement will be done!:rolleyes:
According to the USPS, this will be delivered tomorrow! :cool:

s-l1600.jpg

Cant wait!!! :D Gotta make room for it in the display case!

Nice loco Karl. Thing about brass, if you display it only, then if it's powered, seems a waste. If you paint it, it's a bit like showing off a diamond in a ring, only with it rolled around under your palm.

It's a nice loco. Thing I find with brass is its so expensive! Too expensive for my blood. I bite my lower lip and put so much thought into purchasing a locomotive in $100 range.

Good evening. 65 and dark. Sounds like the nice weather is going away again.

Mel: The bridge looks great.

Karl: Nice loco.

Curt: The 1956 Rule book remained in effect until 1968, when the PC Book came out. I think the pedestal signals will work out very well on your layout.

Cleveland is going to the World Series. Cubs are winning big tonight. Winnipeg just tied the Maple Leafs with a couple of minutes left in the third period. 4-4. Leafs blew a 4-0 lead. Looks like Overtime, for sure.

Morning fellers,
Allow me to open the diner this morning. Sorry, don't have any coffe pics with me.
looks like it rained all night. My windows are wet and I can see water reflection off the parking lot.

They have already been in for blood this morning.
things are going well for me here all things considered.
I put a bug in Dad's ear about "I am sure missing my trains" as I was showing him some pics yuo all had posted.

E

Good Morning All. It's 64 degrees here in Jackson MS this morning. Getting excited that I will be home by supper tonight finally. I'm sure that the little people on the layout really miss me, I know that I miss them. Just got back from walking around the outside of the hotel, seven laps equaled a bit over a mile. I don't really trust walking in a foreign neighborhood in the dark and I don't know their carry laws here either. Well at least I was able to watch the progress of two busloads of college kids sleepily getting on their buses....I don't think that they normally see 6:00 am!
As I posted yesterday, I will be visiting the final model railroad museum of the trip around 9:00 am before heading home. It's about 4 miles south of the hotel off IH59; and is on the way back to IH20 which is my northern route home. I used the southern route on IH10 to get to our interim destination last week.
Eric- Very good to hear that things are going well for you. Obviously get your jacket and jeans when you get back to Acworth unless you have already taken care of that. Have you been able to continue the treatments despite the setback with the tube? Hope so. Maybe it's too soon to ask, but have they indicated any progress? Continuing to send best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Karl - Nice looking loco. I bet that it set you back a pretty penny.
Curt -
Those of you with significant others know that if I did it by myself that it would be "wrong" and not what she wanted
How true. In my case I would also get "Why haven't you done this yet". Oh well, we continue to tolerate after 44 years.

Jelly roll, Dunlops, hangover...I resemble them all.

Next post from near Era TX tomorrow morning, or maybe later tonight. In the meantime, everybody have an awesome day.

Willie

Last edited by a moderator:
Willie,
Unfortunately ALL my stuff (cats included) is still in Acworth.
All this business with the tube so far has only cancelled chemo once.
Too early to tell for next Monday.
Regardless, the tumor has reduced in size!
E

Good morning. we're at 28 degrees to start off the day. Need a nice hop cup of Joe this morning.

Eric - Nice to see you in here this morning. Sound like you are doing well. Hope you can get out of there and go home soon. Hoping that you dad gets the hint about trains.

Mel - Beautiful job on the trestle. Waiting to see in on your layout. Well done.

Karl - Sweet looking locomotive. Do you really want it in a display case? Paint the little bugger up and put it to work on your layout. Grin.gif Love the consolidations.

Willie - Waiting to see your photos. Have a safe trip home.

Later.

Back