Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

This new Passat VW comercial with Willie Nelson drives me nuts.
Those beeping sounds are almost identical to the IV pump contollers I have here.
E

Good evening gang!

Mel, the trestle looks great! Good job!

We took down the drop ceiling in the basement this week. I found a lot of unused antenna and phone wires, plus about half of the wires holding up the grid were broken, or just plain hung wrong. So I'm going to tack up or remove all the wiring, rehang the grid correctly and put up all new drop panels. Yeah, one of these days the basement will be done!:rolleyes:
According to the USPS, this will be delivered tomorrow! :cool:

s-l1600.jpg

Cant wait!!! :D Gotta make room for it in the display case!

Karl that is how it goes, following behind somebody else's work is seldom fun, but when the new ceiling goes up you will have the satisfaction of knowing it's all good now.

Congratulations on your new purchase! Run, display it or whatever you do with it as long as you are happy with it and I think its' a sure bet to say you are.

This new Passat VW comercial with Willie Nelson drives me nuts.
Those beeping sounds are almost identical to the IV pump contollers I have here.
E

E!!! I'm happy to see your post. You are the MAN!

Isn't it funny how some commercials just get under our skin? We have one channel here in Baltimore; THIS TV that plays the same stupid Wendy Williams Show commercial over and over. I can't watch that channel anymore and it's a shame because they play some good old movies.

I can't think the word commercials with out remembering how my little Angel Face would say commercial when we first met "govemercial" :) In communist Hungary they never had commercials so she was not familiar with that word. She still has an accent, but she has better command of the English language than I do. She reads and spells in English better than I do as well!

Between working and all these baseball games I have not had much time to stop by. I miss you all, but it sure is nice to be productive again. Best of all I feel even better than when I started.

Have a great day Everybody!

Good morning ...

Karl.... Your WM 2-8-0 looks great. I See it has big tender. ...... Also, I noticed it is on a section of the old Tru-Scale track. It has ben a while since I have seen that.

Mel .... Your trestle is beautiful. Nice job.

Eric ... Some TV ads are annoying..... Actually, all of them are. .... Hmmmm... The programs are annoying, too. :rolleyes:

Good morning ...

Karl.... Your WM 2-8-0 looks great. I See it has big tender. ...... Also, I noticed it is on a section of the old Tru-Scale track. It has ben a while since I have seen that.

Mel .... Your trestle is beautiful. Nice job.

Eric ... Some TV ads are annoying..... Actually, all of them are. .... Hmmmm... The programs are annoying, too. :rolleyes:

GARRY - Even more annoying are the politicians and their adds!

Good Morning Everyone ... Expect 97 here today - was 96.8 yesterday.

I found the freight trucks that I have EXCEPT they are manufactured under a different name:

wiseman 1.jpg
They are offered for sale from WISEMAN MODEL SERVICES.
Wiseman 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon Shop dwellers, figured I should probably check-in. Been quite busy with planning for my next op session, looking for ways to avoid making the type of mistakes I made on the most recent one. But that's the subject of a whole 'nother thread!

... Regardless, the tumor has reduced in size!
Eric that's the best news I've heard from you yet!:cool: Hope the trend continues, will keep on praying for you.

Mel - that trestle is a true masterpiece, can't wait to see it on your layout!

Willie - have a safe trip back to TX. I know I'm always anxious to get home after being out of town more than 48 hrs.

Sherrell - good luck acquiring those On3 trucks. Hope everything is ok on the medical front.

Chet - I remember reading somewhere that winters in your region can be 9 months long, maybe that accounts for the low population density?

Karl - that Connie sure is sweet! Is it an unpainted version of the ones Keith has?

Curt - best of luck with your signal project. I, too, had to compromise a bit to have dwarves on my layout. I got mine from Integrated Signal Systems [which I believe is based in your state?], they're a tad oversized for 1:87 - but still smaller than the NJ International CPL signal disks, so they suit me fine!

Garry - I find all ads annoying too, especially the ones on the Weather Channel, which I'm forced to watch now anytime I want to get an update on possible severe weather. They eliminated their "text" pages where I could simple read about forcasts, now everything is available only on video!:mad: It must be very pleasing to their advertisers when Kait Parker says "Hey, there might be a new hurricane forming in the Carribiean, and it could impact ssomeplace onthe East Coast, we don't know for sure yet - keep checking back here continuously for updates!"

Afternoon fellers. Worked some more on my loadout area. It's going to need some work that's for sure. I ran out of my lighter green coarse turf this morning. I have plenty of dark green though. I may find myself at the hobby shop this weekend. I'll use it along with some other things to try and cover the seams where my mountain meets the layout. May use it to cover any white still showing as well. Now...a thought crossed my mind and I was going to take a picture of this said idea and share it with y'all but I got side tracked.
c69b6084a4d204473bb73198629e3375.jpg

This will have to do until I come up with a better picture. See the Chessie unit? Ok the green area beside the

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Ugh! Big thumbs on little screens! Anyways! See the area I have ground cover on? I was thinking of putting in trees all the way down to the tunnel. I guess as a way to break up the scene. I tried it with three trees at the crossing where my loadout tracks break off. It seems to look good and doesn't seem to bad of an idea given what I'm trying to model. Any ideas or suggestions on this?

Ugh! Big thumbs on little screens! Anyways! See the area I have ground cover on? I was thinking of putting in trees all the way down to the tunnel. I guess as a way to break up the scene. I tried it with three trees at the crossing where my loadout tracks break off. It seems to look good and doesn't seem to bad of an idea given what I'm trying to model. Any ideas or suggestions on this?

NO
, looks good the way it is IMHO, fumble fingers!

Afternoon All,

Doing laundry today. I did a initial front cover for my project. Of course I didn't worry about lining up the holes properly on this one. This version is just checking feasibility.

Karl- Nice looking brass loco. Are you planning on painting it?

Justin- Nice modeling.

Eric- That is great news on the tumor size.

The size is 3/4" x 3/8" with 1 mm holes.

20161020_121014_zpsy8mzixi8.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening. It's sunny and 84.
I spent an hour on the phone this morning giving step by step instructions on how to dump a black tank.

Good Evening All. Made it back home safely about an hour ago. Thanks to all for the well wishes for a safe trip. I'll get some pictures posted over the next few days as I get them sorted out. The hotel that I stayed at last night in Jackson MS, (on IH55, not IH59 that I posted this morning) was right alongside what appeared to be a moderately used rail line. Murphy decided that there wouldn't be any trains on it while I was awake...wouldn't have been able to hear them when asleep without my hearing aids!!! I believe it is a KCS line down to the port in Gulfport.
Eric - Great news about the reduction of the tumor size. Keep on staying with it.
Terry - Around here they just park over a convenient spot in a pasture and let 'er rip! At least you didn't have to demonstrate it for them.
Karl - Good catch...still laughing here.

Well, I am going outside for a bit to hear the birds. There ain't no songbirds on the Gulf shore.
Everybody have a good night and I'll see you again after a good nights sleep in my own bed.

Willie

Good evening. It's sunny and 84.
I spent an hour on the phone this morning giving step by step instructions on how to dump a black tank.

If it's the sort of tank I think it is, not something you'd want to get wrong :eek:

Good evening,

Many thanks to everybody for all the nice comments about my bridge. Very much appreciated.

Karl- Nice brass, sure would be a shame to paint it.

Eric- That is really good news, hang in there, you are going to beat this.

Playing with my RailPro system today. I received a CI-1 USB module that will enable my laptop to become another train controller, kinda cool. It also will enable better internet data from Ring Engineering. There are some new high quality prime mover sounds on the way which is great news. This system just gets better and better.

Mel

Hiya Gang!
The brass Consolidated arrived today, I haven't stopped drooling since ! :cool:;)
TEMPORARILY, it goes into the display case. After the layout construction has progressed to a certain point, then it and it's brethren (2 other Connies and a 2-6-6-2) will hit the paint and decoder shop and come out as WM 801, 807, & 829. The 2-6-6-2 will be C&O 1309.

20161020_184708.jpg

Here she is in her new environs, with her brass stablemates. On brass prices, I say it pays to shop, and to tinker/repair. With the exception of WM 1407, I have not paid more then $350 for any brass steamer, or more than $75.00 for brass diesels.

Time for the sack,,,tomorrows Friday (thank God!) L8ter gators!

As far as the painting debate, Yes it must be painted. Unpainted brass is an unfinished work of art, like a portrait with no frame.

Ken, I'm not sure if my engine is the same as Keith's. I've never seen his.

Sup? Long time no see. Just a cuppa joe and I'll bounce. Tore up the old set and am relaying the entire layout, with hills this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back