Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Good Morning - It's 54 and grayish out. Expected 86 later on - -
The Santa Ana wind was unbelievable yesterday - very strong with gusts!

David thanks for all the info on the phones (I think). Probably more than I really want to know. Yes - I did pay just a bit over $400 for mine, but we both had "perks" included which knocked the prices down a little. I have no tdea how to change the settings on photos, but have not had ant trouble posting to the forum. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

GREG - That is an incrediable piece of trackwork you posted there. That article on building that layout (with the round building and car float) was something else. I forget thename of it?

KEN in VA - Toot beat me to the punch with a couple his remarks. Nice cabinet - Chet's right - more shelves?

Jistin - Congrats on the new job and also the enlistment -- oh, and nice work on the structures!

Johnny - Glad I wasn't trying to hold my breath for your pictures -- still waiting though!

Curt - I still have not snapped a shot of that tin roof I promised. I'll get to it. Glad to hear that your "little fellows" are doing well.
Sorry about the injury - hope she is fine? How much fence was down?

I just remarked to MOH a few days ago that with the hurricanes in TX, FL, PR -- that CA was due for either an earthquake, or fires, or maybe both? Think I;ll grab another cup and go smell some smoke?

Sherrel - The photo size on the Galaxy S8 was 4032x3024. The forum system won't load photos over 3???x3???. I went into the camera settings and reduced the size down one notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
KEN D&J - I was just about to ask you what a C32-8 was, but you posted a pic.

Willie - Love the pic -- looking forward to more. Any damage around from the storm?

Here's my photo for today!
US Bumper Post.jpg

Still having problems load some photos to the forum. Tried on Firefox and excel to post the entertainment center photo but had no luck and ended up posting the photo via TapTalk using the phone ??? Wassup? Is anyone else having these problems?

Chet: I have just about given up on posting photos to the forum. Not sure what the issue is. Could be me, could be the forum, could be Win10, or some other software. Suddenly, G mail and Google, doesn't recognize this app (My HP Win 10 Laptop). Again, not sure what is going on here.

Willie:
That is one awesome place. Those A4s seem to be coming right at ya, when you walk into the door. They have a AH1 Cobra suspended in such a matter, you can see inside. real cool place. Best aviation museum, I have ever been to. Definitely, a Must See location. Somewhere, I have a whole thumb drive full of photos.

Curt - Thanks for the reply, It was not until recently that I have had any problems uploading photos to the forum until recently. Here at work I have Win-10. At home I have Win-7 which I will keep using as long as possible.

I have used either FireFox or Internet Explorer. Some photos are not a problem and some fail to upload. Strange

At least I am apparently not the only one.

Sunny and cool here in Wisconsin. In a few minutes down to the train room. Time to change the furnace filter to maintain low dust levels.

My layout lighting is mainly foot F40 Florescent lamps which are no longer manufactured, but still in some stores. I purchased a set of replacement lamps for future use, but need a place to safely store them in the basement.

Plan to work on my stalling Athearn locomotive. I already checked for broken wires and found nothing wrong. One last real wheel cleaning and see what happens.

Started the rolling stock inventory spreadsheet.

That's all for now.

Greg

Remember the other day when I mentioned the T-6's practicing around here for about an hour.

Not sure, but I would guess that they were polishing up for this!

I Knew Randy well - He was like a fixture all over the TWA Terminal. There were very few times when I went to work that I did not see him "on duty" unless it was a red eye all nighter flight. He was certainly an asset to the company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEdzY1DYdQQ&app=desktop

Afternoon All,

Did a couple of small outside chores this morning then I finished up the roof for the project. I'm waiting on a work table to put inside it then I will put in all the details on the building "floor" and another project will be in the books.

VA Ken- It looks like you did a nice job on the china cabinet. It's a great location to store your locos.

Toot- That was a good one about China.

Sherrel- That was a nice tribute to your friend.

20171010_111837.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Did somemore work on the C40-8 loco. Finished making the solder connections from the rail pickups to the decoder then to the motor. Tested it on the test track. That Overland chassis runs so smooth, and that's after sitting in a box for about 17 years. I think I'll lub the motor bearings and truck boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxEkkLeNlY

Good late evening, Rail Photographers,

Hi Flo - Francine, How are you both tonight? Jeffreys' Dinner is fairly busy again. Good for tips I'm sure. How about some coffee and a nice slice of Mince Meat Pie, oh no more left, darn, how about Rubarb then? Oh good I'll have a nice big slice, sure I'll be glad to pay for two slices.

Lets see what the weather is like at 11:25 Pm.

It's 58°F - Feels like 57.6°F;
It' Fair with Wind from the NNE at 0 mph; I was outside earlier and felt a slight breeze.
Tomorrow is forecast to be Cooler than today.

Good Morning - It's 54 and grayish out. Expected 86 later on - -
The Santa Ana wind was unbelievable yesterday - very strong with gusts!

David thanks for all the info on the phones (I think). Probably more than I really want to know. Yes - I did pay just a bit over $400 for mine, but we both had "perks" included which knocked the prices down a little. I have no idea how to change the settings on photos, but have not had any trouble posting to the forum. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Sherrel: Your welcome to/for the info. When you go into the camera mode you should be able to press the lower Left hand corner, I think(?) and that should open up the camera settings? Without my phone working I somewhat guessing on what to push. Within the settings it will allow you to adjust various options and image size or the mega pixels of the image can be set to limit the size of the images you take. Usually a 3Mp to 5Mp size image is more than sufficient to post.

I had my phone's camera set to upload the images to Photo Bucket which automatically adjusts the size so they can be posted.

KEN D&J - I was just about to ask you what a C32-8 was, but you posted a pic.
Here's my photo for today!
View attachment 63369

Sherrel: That shot of the rail bumper picture is 127.5 Kb in size.
When I pull it into my photo program it says it's 400 x 225 which ='s 900 megabytes if I'm correct.

I find it interesting that the front and rear base plates actually extent through slots cut in the center web of the rail. I never realized how they were held in place but that makes sense.

Chet: I have just about given up on posting photos to the forum. Not sure what the issue is. Could be me, could be the forum, could be Win10, or some other software. Suddenly, G mail and Google, doesn't recognize this app (My HP Win 10 Laptop). Again, not sure what is going on here.

Joe: It is frustrating I sure. Upload your photos to a hosting site like Photo bucket and the images are resized so they appear with no problem. That the beauty of using a cell camera to take your sots as they can be directly up loaded to the hosting site with no extra effort and then the link is there when your ready to post them on the forum.

This is just a test on uploading?
Looks fresh out of the paint shop or wash rack!
View attachment 63371

Sherrel: That image is only 62.2 Kb in size but the size is 400 x 270

Remember the other day when I mentioned the T-6's practicing around here for about an hour.

Not sure, but I would guess that they were polishing up for this!

I Knew Randy well - He was like a fixture all over the TWA Terminal. There were very few times when I went to work that I did not see him "on duty" unless it was a red eye all nighter flight. He was certainly an asset to the company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEdzY1DYdQQ&app=desktop

Sherrel: Sorry to hear about your friend passing on.

Afternoon All,

Did a couple of small outside chores this morning then I finished up the roof for the project. I'm waiting on a work table to put inside it then I will put in all the details on the building "floor" and another project will be in the books.

View attachment 63372

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt: The engine house roof looks real nice. And I remember some time back you had doubts you could do a lot of this kind of modeling. You've progressed very well!

Good morning all. 28 degrees to start off the day. We should get up to 60 this afternoon.

Ready for a cup View attachment 63367 and a sweet roll.
Still having problems load some photos to the forum. Tried on Firefox and excel to post the entertainment center photo but had no luck and ended up posting the photo via TapTalk using the phone ??? Wassup? Is anyone else having these problems?

Here's a rail picture for today.

View attachment 63368

Later

Chet: I'm not sure but I think you have the image size set too high in the camera settings. The Samsung S8 has a 12 mega pixel camera in it if I'm correct and has some very high resolution so you probably need to reduce your images down to around 3 mega pixels in size, or possibly a little higher. You'll have to play with adjusting the image size to determine what size is needed to post. I assume your trying to load them directly to the site here?

Have a good morning everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

Back