Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Good morning everyone. Flo, how about an apple fritter with the coffee this morning. 45 degrees to start off the day. We should make it into the mid to high 60's this afternoon. The race at Talledega yesterday was more like a demo

Terry - Sounds like someone didn't make the turn at the end of the road.

Willie - Interesting photos. Hope you enjoyed the museum. Better get signed up for that entitlement that you have been paying into for many years. I waited to sign up for SS until 67 which would pay the most. I really don't need it at this point, as it goes directly into a money market account, but can't see not collecting it.

Bruce - Sure hope the shingles subside. Interesting that you have a new relative that is into trains. Maybe the two of you can come up with something for a ayout. Could take your mind off of the pain.

Justin - The town scene is looking good. Nice work on the Walthers Merchants row. What a pain painting all of the windows. Good luck on the new job. Hope things work out for you.

I'll probably head over to the tire shop later and get the winter tires put on. Don't want to be suprised with a snowfall ind still have the summer tires on.

Here's a rail photo for the day.

g3kte.jpg

Later

Good morning. Today's high temperature was 70° at midnight. It's been falling off ever since. Currently, it's 58 and cloudy.

Chet: Definitely time to get the winter tires on. BTW, you're making great progress with the F3.

Johnny: Nice buildings.

Justin: Good luck with the new job.

Bruce: Hope things work out.

Willie: Chet's right, you paid in to it, so start collecting as soon as you can. I knew entirely too many people, who never got to collect.

Sherrel: If I remember correctly, the Navy had another flying boat type of aircraft that had two sets of props per engine, back in the day. That must of really rattled the airframe. I think Revell offered a model of it. Then there was the B-36 bomber, with six rear facing engines, plus retrofitted jet engines - the ones used on the NYC Jet RDC came from a B-36 - wonder how that worked out?

Cubbies and Yankees both down two, local TV getting excited about a NYY - LAD World Series. Think they know something?

Hiya gang!
Its been a bit since I've been here, I'll try to catch up.
Terry caught me on FB and asked me how my private hell was going, so for him and any others curiosity. It's going as well as can be expected. I was presented with a separation agreement last week. I've made my revisions which she agreed to and sent it back to her lawyer. We're keeping the split amicable. I'll keep the house, my car and the truck, she gets her car, cash and a bedroom set.
No sense crying over spilled milk eh?
On the bright side, I did join an online dating site for us folks over 50 and have already had dinner with 2 ladies. We had enjoyable dinners and 1 is quickly becoming a good friend. Not that I'm looking for marriage again, but lady friends has its perks.
Let me catch up tonight, and I'll post some train related comments later tonight.
For now it's back to work.

Karl, if you get the house, car and truck, who gets the trains?
Let's not forget our priorities here... :/

Afternoon All,

Did some chores today then I decided to change the color of my Walthers 6 stall RH roofing panels. I originally painted them a blue grey color and weathered over that. I finally decided to fix that. I started by cleaning them, then spraying them with a Krylon Flat Black. After that had dried I painted over that with Flat Tamiya Nato Black that when dry gives a slight grayish tint like the black has aged. After that I very lightly brushed over everything with black weathering powder to get rid of any shine or blemish. There are 3 sets of 6 panels. The first set is complete and installed, the second set needs weathering powder and install, and the last set needs everything. I should finish tomorrow. I forgot to take a before picture.

Karl- Good to hear from you. I'm also glad you have some good in your situation.

Sherrel- I figured out why you were having photo issues, You weren't posting Pennsy photos. ;)

Willie- You know that Opossums eat a ton of bugs every day including the ticks that cause Limes disease?

Johnny- I don't do well with multiple projects at one time. I just pick one and keep at it until it's complete. The buildings and details look great.

Justin- I hope your first day went well with Coca Cola.

Chet- Interesting photo. I modeled something similar years ago but it no longer exists except in my PB account:mad:.

I hope everyone has a good night.

OK, OK ... I'm not doing well in the sports department. Rogers out with a broken collar bone probably for the year.
Didn't watch any football so I did not know about it until the late news.
Watched some of the NASCAR demo derby - saw at least 4? pileups - thinned out the field a bit!
Forgot about the Cubs/Dodgers game - busy with family matters. CUBS have me totally bummed out; I thought they would come back yesterday. JOE the Yanks are down 2 as well; they better get moving too!

Medical people are after me again! They want to schedule another MRI to take another look at the calcified aneurysm? that is in my brain - and I keep saying "NO" .. just leave me alone. I can go broke with having all the CAT Scans, MRI's, Xray's, and anagrams that these people do. At this point in my life - I am only concerned with whether the cancer re-appears.

I'm not in a good mood today - somewhat a rough night of up and down sleeping. Bruce - wish I could give you some relief - one of the Spousal Units clients had shingles -- She was in miserable pain (I cannot remember how long it lasted, will see if I can find out).

Willie - Thanks so much for the website and the info on the PB2Y. That is an awesome website. You have just taken away the last bit of free time that I may have had! You should leave the possum alone! Don't they eat snakes? (I don't know)

It's 93 out - supposed to reach 99 today! Humidity is 5% - lowest I have ever seen!

Good evening. I thought I'd mention the debris field from last night's incident was impressive...

Good evening. I thought I'd mention the debris field from last night's incident was impressive...

Maybe the County should install a ramp down there, shoot them into the next one. Or a permanent crusher with a funnel mouth.

Hiya y'all

Terry Pics?? C'mon, dont tease us! ;)

Willie Leave the possum be. They might be ugly, but they are insanely useful! Somehow they eat ticks carrying Lyme disease, but never contract it themselves. Also very low rabies risk. Like 5 discovered with rabies in the last 200 years.

Curt Sounds to me like you already can shoot a before, a during and an after pic!

Chet. Make sure they put winter air in those tires. Summer air doesn't ride as well!

Bruce It will get better.

Sherrel I never should have given you my email address! LOLOLOL!!

Obligatory train pic here -------> 11949466_987529291298054_4491932860195022651_n.jpg

Karl, are you sure there's a train in that picture?

Oh, the city had the mess cleaned up by the time I got home this evening.
It looked like it used to be a ricer car, from all the plastic ground effect pieces scattered around.

Haven't mentioned it before, but we've been having some heavy rain for about a couple of weeks now, with falls of 3-4" in many parts of the south east in particular. Place has gone from bone dry to soaking wet. Already well over the whole of Spring average. Forecast to continue for some time yet. Grass in the backyard, where it doesn't have much runoff 'cause it's flat, has grown over 3" in a week, with no hope of mowing it. Ark building time me-thinks.

Good Morning Everybody. A brisk 46° and clear dark skies this morning. Last day of this coolness as the winds shift from the south around daybreak. Mid-80's until Sunday. Caught that pesky possum overnight and I will release it in a preserve area about eight miles away, once it is light.
Out in the train shed, I continued on my mission of clearing small unfinished projects that have accumulated over the past year or so. I am working on a couple of very old Magnusom resin vehicle kits, boy are these things crude! I am also assembling a GHQ pewter John Deere 4020 tractor, not easy. I am painting some unpainted Preiser figures that are already partially painted, and other stuff that is in the way. Still trying to figure out what to do with four large and three smaller parcels of undeveloped plywood on the layout. I have some rough ideas and a number of industries/structures on the shelf, but a final plan is not yet viable. All of these areas already have turnouts built into the existing trackwork, so that will not be an issue.

Johnny - I hear you on the problem of deciding which project to tackle next. Unlike Curt, I cannot usually work on a single project exclusively. I probably have three dozen going on right now. Isn't it fun?:rolleyes: Things are looking good in the town that you pictured.
Chet - Yeah! I am waiting on the SS until I reach 66. Haven't touched the retirement account or the CD's yet, thet're just growing and growing since the election. I did however have a savings account that I regularly deposited in (maxed out my retirement deposits) that I have been using since retiring two years and some months ago.
Joe - I also know of a few folks that never got to collect any SS. One friend passed away a month before her first check and had no children or spouses to collect beneficiary payments. Her brother did return the check.
Karl - Sounds like you are moving forward with life. Good for you. We all know that we cannot change history, just look to the future.
Sherrel - Quit watching TV and you'll have more time for that website. Glad that you found it interesting, I did too.
Karl - Did she come with that engine?

Sherrel, Curt, & Karl - Please note that I do not kill any animal that I catch in the trap. I release them in a nearby wooded preserve area. I trap the opossums because they dig up the yard and garden, and eat the beneficial worms in the garden, as well as uprooting some seedlings. Sherrel - Yes they do eat snakes, but only very small ones. I leave snakes alone because they provide very good rodent control around the estate, much to my wife's horror, she hates them. Curt & Karl - Yes they do eat ticks, but ticks are not an issue in this part of Texas, as it is too dry for them to survive.

Well, what pictures do I post today? One of the museums that I went to this year was a new one for me. It is in Vicksburg MS and is called the "Old Depot Museum". It is a historical museum with three train layouts, many ship models and a very large (250 sq ft) diorama of the Battle of Vicksburg. Lots of other historical stuff as well. Met the museum director and he said that all of the train layouts came from his personal collections; there is an "N", "HO", and "O" scale layout on display. I'll start with the "Battle of Vicksburg" diorama today.
10-12-17c 021.jpg10-12-17c 022.jpg
10-12-17c 023.JPG
There are over 2500 miniature figures on this diorama. Here is a website for the museum.
http://www.theolddepot.net/

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Back