Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

I DO love them southern people! ALL of the south is like the better parts of the north! We ain't got no Waffle Houses up here, NO CULTURE! LOL Big Boy just ain't no competition to the HEAVEN where they fry your grits if ya want! mmmmm, grits! First day at Benning the guy plops a wad of STUFF on my tray, I say "Whats THAT?" he goes "Thems GRITS BOY!" LOVED em ever since! And I dunno bout anybody else but that S.O.S. was some GOOD chow, they were still using the Argentine Beef and that stuff was top notch!

I DO love them southern people! ALL of the south is like the better parts of the north! We ain't got no Waffle Houses up here, NO CULTURE! LOL Big Boy just ain't no competition to the HEAVEN where they fry your grits if ya want! mmmmm, grits! First day at Benning the guy plops a wad of STUFF on my tray, I say "Whats THAT?" he goes "Thems GRITS BOY!" LOVED em ever since! And I dunno bout anybody else but that S.O.S. was some GOOD chow, they were still using the Argentine Beef and that stuff was top notch!

Really still miss my Mom's biscuits and gravy ... Along with everything else she cooked .. Fried chicken, pan fried steak, black eyed peas, corn bread, and turnip greens just to name a few.
My spousal unit is a wonderful cook, but mostly Italian ( which I love too).

Yip, one need to keep an eye on my ancestors investment you know! lol

Ah, yea, seems like they been having a bit of a rough go since the 40's A little shaky but I have faith in the people.

Ain't the interweb something? None of us would have even known of the existence of the others and the incredible amount of knowledge and camaraderie we have found here would never have occurred without this simple device, great days to be livin, eh?

I never took to grits but I do love some good S.O.S!!! (SOS = "Sh..t On a Shingle" for those that don't know. The "Shingle" is a couple or more slices of toast.)
I can still get it in the frozen section made by Stauffers (sp?) known as "chipped beef and gravy".
I do still prefer my brown gravy but have long since gotten used to that creamy "red-eye" gravy.
One thing I quickly picked up on moving down here in '83 was how to make a baked Vidalia onion. In fact I just went to the store this morning [early, before the humidity kicked in] and got me a sack of onions just for that. I could probably eat a couple those just by themselves. Easy to do: peel it, cut the core out, pack it slam-full of butter, stick a beef bouillon cube in the butter, wrap it in foil and bake it like a potato or put it on the grill. Either works for me.

Nothing like a trip to the Waffle House after a late night. Been there a couple thousand times. Did you know the original is really the "Huddle House". Nowadays Waffle House dominates but it all started with a handful of GA Tech buddies who would all come home (in Decatur, GA) from a game and decide to cook a big breakfast. A couple of those guys decided to make a business out of it just catering to the "late night" crowd. Seems like I heard a back-story how Waffle House got spun off but I don't recall right now.
E.

The same thing like we use the Hairspray as layout scenery glue but in reverse!

Rave Hairspray!

41UOUKiMBqL._SY355_.jpg

Better than glue for some stuff ,(lightweight ground foam, tree flocking).

E371NR.jpg

Diluted white glue with distilled water and iso for anything heavy (ballast, foam clusters, etc.)
NOT SCHOOL GLUE!:mad:

Arghhh!!!!
Dam USPS and tracking info!!!
Supposedly my new HAM/shortwave radio [and some attachments and software] was left at my door this morning at 0941.
It's now around 1430 and that's a big negative thus far.
I've been told all week it was going to be here by 8pm (2000 hours) on Sunday. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow or Tuesday but I'm going with what they have been saying.
An early morning check showed it showing up at the local PO around 0500 and then sorted by 0630. and the next update says it's already here.
IF it's going to late, that's one thing. But, don't string me along! Worse yet, out right BS me about it.
:mad:

How good is it Karl?

Strips some paint in an hour, sometime an overnight soak is needed. Rinses clean, leaves no residue. DOESN"T STINK!! :rolleyes:

Works on Athearn, Atlas, Bachmann, Kato, Intermountain, Mantua, Tyco and other brands, also wont soften plastic like some other chemicals will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been impressed with the stuff. I Much prefer 95% Isopropyl alcohol from the local grocery store. Cheap too! :D

That's what I'm talkin about! Those are the kind of things that can and do burn out and turn folks off in mid stride. Thinking you MUST have a specific brand name product for a particular job could stop you in your tracks!(lol) 'Short cuts' is the only way I could do this, especially on the scale I'm dealing with. This site and it's members have been invaluable already. I very much doubt I will 'discover' any ground breaking techniques, but if I do, I will pass em on.

Much obliged Karl, I shall try this one out then!
Pour yourself a nice beer or one of your preferred beverages...

...add three fingers of fine Scotch! If it already IS three fingers of fine Scotch, add three fingers of a of a light colored nectar, known as Irish Whiskey!!! THEN, add three(STOP!) There's more to the complete contents of the concoction but I don't know who's listening, not suitable for mixed company don't-cha-know!

...add three fingers of fine Scotch! If it already IS three fingers of fine Scotch, add three fingers of a of a light colored nectar, known as Irish Whiskey!!! THEN, add three(STOP!) There's more to the complete contents of the concoction but I don't know who's listening, not suitable for mixed company don't-cha-know!

YOu can keep the scotch. I never acquired a taste for it. I'll be happy with some Jameson's from County Cork (Ireland) however. I used to have a friend that lived not far from the distillery and would on occasion send me some. Last I heard he moved back to Aussie land and we've long since lost touch. These days I just "suffer" with my TN sipping whiskey. :cool:

Arghhh!!!!
Dam USPS and tracking info!!!
Supposedly my new HAM/shortwave radio [and some attachments and software] was left at my door this morning at 0941.
It's now around 1430 and that's a big negative thus far.
I've been told all week it was going to be here by 8pm (2000 hours) on Sunday. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow or Tuesday but I'm going with what they have been saying.
An early morning check showed it showing up at the local PO around 0500 and then sorted by 0630. and the next update says it's already here.
IF it's going to late, that's one thing. But, don't string me along! Worse yet, out right BS me about it.
:mad:

I will be camping on the front lawn on the days of delivery of the things I have ordered! LOL

Hope it comes along soon, that's a fine piece of 'quipment' as we yousta say.

YOu can keep the scotch. I never acquired a taste for it. I'll be happy with some Jameson's from County Cork (Ireland) however. I used to have a friend that lived not far from the distillery and would on occasion send me some. Last I heard he moved back to Aussie land and we've long since lost touch. These days I just "suffer" with my TN sipping whiskey. :cool:

Oh agony. LOL That's REALLY good stuff! It's hard to find a Scotch that don't taste like peat-bog, I'll give ya that. But when you DO you will like! That was the thing, I was Bourbon all the way all day till my sisters Father-in-law turned me onto some good stuff, I wish I could remember the brand Glen something VERY tasty! Beats the skin off Jonny Walker, even the blue label, thats just me, the Blue might be somebody elses tip top, ok, cool, I'm just sayin. I only do about three shots a month for health reasons and an excuse to walk downtown and the local bars got crap behind the counter around here. Dewars is the best I can expect consistently so that keeps my consumption very low!

I will be camping on the front lawn on the days of delivery of the things I have ordered! LOL

Hope it comes along soon, that's a fine piece of 'quipment' as we yousta say.

Technically they still have over a little more than 2 hours to go from what I was told all week.
I'll dam sure raise hell tomorrow if the mood strikes me.

No big giant worry really. This isn't some high-dollar base station with a mega-watt transmitter. I just don't like being told one thing and have something completely different happen.
Doesn't really matter at this point in the day anyhow. I've had too many beers to hook it all up and be on the air.
But still, the status indicates I had received my stuff at 0941 this morning - I did not and was here the whole time. They can't give me any crap about that.

Such is the life of waiting on toys!
E.

Glenfiddich (sp?) I'm guessing?
Do you mean Glenlivet?
I have a bottle that will probably last me the rest of the year. I seem to have developed an intolerance for alcohol, and get a severe headache if I consume more than a shot every few days. AND I have to sip said shot slowly. Looking at the bright side, I can assure everyone I will never get a DUI...

Evening All,

Back from my road trip. Door to door we drove 1964.9 miles in 3 days. The skunk was rescued and that probably saved it's life. To say I'm tired of driving is putting it mildly as you can imagine. MOH is calling so I will talk to you tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back