Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks who understand the “honey do list.” I cross off what is done when I am finished or annoyed it’s even on the list.

So today instead of crossing out the “clean garage” I decided ok let’s clean the f,,,in. garage. Walked out opened the big doors, drove 4 cars out onto the driveway. Took picture, after all if you take a picture on the layout you see what needs fixing. That might help here! Nope, nothing in my view. Nothing on the wall but 1 bracket to hang a broom, 1 bracket for the 8’ step ladder and 1 bracket for the orange 10’ step ladder. All ladders and the broom are in order. I keep nothing but car tires attached to cars on the floor, no cars but some dusty dirt! Go get the leaf blower located in a side room and out of sight and blow the dust out and then decide oh heck blow out the whole garage floor. Done! Bring cars back in. Walk in the house and head to the list and cross it off. Go take shower.

Terry says you crossed off, clean the garage! Said yep all done. She starts laughing. I keep putting that on there just to annoy you, I know the garage is clean.

I can’t win!

Good Morning All!
75F and overcast

TomO - you know it is a test ... right? Pretty much standard women stuff. My blonde girl comes up with some good ones at times. Once I think about them for a bit, the light comes on that it is a test. I do go and check what ever that HoneyDu is/was and if necessary do it; well at least my version of the do it part. THEN instead of crossing it off, I write something next to it like 'Garage clean, now you can move your ... widgets', or 'now you can paint that wall'... you get the idea. The latest was the back deck. HoneyDu was "Clean off the deck please". Ok, so "Deck is clean, now you can move those flower pots to where you want. I will help with the heavy ones!". Usually do not see HoneyDu's for quite awhile and most of the time stuff just sits until she gets up the motavation to get-r-done; although this time home more seemed to happen and I actually helped her move a couple of pots that we both had to grunt with to get them where she wanted. One of life's joys if you take it in the right frame of mind. Don't know what I would do without her!

the Sunday Farmers Market.
Went to our market this morning as well and then stopped for lunch at the winery. I am stuffed, it was so good!

E84D58F3-868B-4670-87F0-B209D11FA1EA.jpeg
8350A281-330D-46B4-9B4E-225F1C63919D.jpeg

AB53FC17-9B10-4B71-B36E-DC217F5944D9.jpeg
FA92B25C-1BF5-4AA0-8D58-9B5F7850F456.jpeg

The grapes are coming along fine.

Everyone's seems to be talking gas prices but yesterday I wanted to buy a 24 oz bottle of Barilla marinara sauce at the local Shop Rite and they wanted $7.49 for it. Last year I paid $2.49 so I don't know what's going on with that but I put it back on the shelve.
George
We were at ShopRite this morning, and there were quite a few items we either put back or passed on because of the mark-up. Even before the inflation cycle heated up, Shoprite was jacking up prices, shrinking store brand packages and cutting corners on baked goods. I imgine the increases in minimum wages had something to do with this, but then again Shoprite is and has been unionized, so the minimum wage means less there than other stores.

We were at ShopRite this morning, and there were quite a few items we either put back or passed on because of the mark-up. Even before the inflation cycle heated up, Shoprite was jacking up prices, shrinking store brand packages and cutting corners on baked goods. I imgine the increases in minimum wages had something to do with this, but then again Shoprite is and has been unionized, so the minimum wage means less there than other stores.
Joe & George- ShopRite was getting expensive(outside of their CanCan sales) before I moved up here. I can only imagine what it’s like now. *correction* I just looked at their online ad, so I don’t need to imagine. Their prices seem to rival Festival Foods up here, if not higher.

Afternoon all,

Just got back from fixing the garage surround at the daughter's house.

The daycare was having problems finding good help. Many would start and then quit to go work someplace else often for better hours. She isn't going to have her own, between the diabetes, bad knees and weight, we're looking for her to stay at home.
May slow down getting the house paid off as early as we wanted to.

Went to our market this morning as well and then stopped for lunch at the winery. I am stuffed, it was so good!

View attachment 150428View attachment 150429
View attachment 150430View attachment 150431
The grapes are coming along fine.
Pizzzzzzza, I love pizza. Why is pizza not part of a diabetic diet? Even today I could eat a whole 12” pizza without help!

Why did I start counting carbs, oh yeah, diabetic here. The 2 pieces I had the other night were so damn good…bit the other pieces were calling my name, I heard them

Afternoon All,

Started out driving Dad to the airport and we discovered he left his cell phone in the car, last time he forgot his insulin. SMH. After getting home I did a bunch of yard and pool chores. In the trainroom I finished up the building then ran out of energy to do anything else.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Patrick- Sorry to hear about your wife losing her job.

Willie- Your response was awesome. Our gas tax is 19 cents. You're making great progress on the layout.

Joe- I hope it's nothing serious about your wife. Great photo.

Guy- Nice 1:1 photo.

Gary- Beautiful scenery. Good looking rail cars. All you need is money...like the rest of us. 😂

TomO- Sounds like my wife. Great progress and I look forward to seeing your progress. I would gladly pay the $15 to save time and not having to go to the stealership.

Ken (IL)- I lucked out taking speech. I had been a scuba instructor for years so I was very comfortable talking to groups of people.

Troy- My Dad had a ring system at his last house and it alarmed constantly. We would be driving and Mom and I could hear it, Dad couldn't and it drove us crazy.

layout137.jpg

layout138.jpg

layout139.jpg

layout140.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon All,

Started out driving Dad to the airport and we discovered he left his cell phone in the car, last time he forgot his insulin. SMH. After getting home I did a bunch of yard and pool chores. In the trainroom I finished up the building then ran out of energy to do anything else.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Patrick- Sorry to hear about your wife losing her job.

Willie- Your response was awesome. Our gas tax is 19 cents. You're making great progress on the layout.

Joe- I hope it's nothing serious about your wife. Great photo.

Guy- Nice 1:1 photo.

Gary- Beautiful scenery. Good looking rail cars. All you need is money...like the rest of us. 😂

TomO- Sounds like my wife. Great progress and I look forward to seeing your progress. I would gladly pay the $15 to save time and not having to go to the stealership.

Ken (IL)- I lucked out taking speech. I had been a scuba instructor for years so I was very comfortable talking to groups of people.

Troy- My Dad had a ring system at his last house and it alarmed constantly. We would be driving and Mom and I could hear it, Dad couldn't and it drove us crazy.

View attachment 150433

View attachment 150434

View attachment 150435

View attachment 150436

I hope everyone has a good night.
Thanks Curt, yep the $15 was a good investment

Certain areas have banned plastic bags in favor of paper, but no fees.
And you think Absurdistan is bad? Here in the State of Euphoria, Comrade Murphy banned the use of plastic and paper bags for retail purchase. Some non-groceries are offering Shopping Bags with handles - the difference is they are defined as multi-use - while most just require their customers to BYOB. (Meaning bag, not bottle). Meanwhile, after an extended absence from appearing in public, Comrade Murphy is prominently displaying his new hair style, face lift and new dentures, (probably implants). All he needs to go with this image is a pair of aviator sunglasses. Wonder what office he is going to run for when his term ends? :rolleyes: The bag ban is hailed as a "Green Initiative", but in reality, saves the grocery coops the cost of bags, plus the opportunity to sell multi-use vinyl bags, and small plastic trash bags for cleaning litter boxes and picking up on dog walks. He did work for Goldman, before getting into politics, so he's showing his pro business side...

Good afternoon. It's 84 and mostly cloudy outside, and 78 energy saving degrees inside. Unfortunately, 78 at the thermostat location is 80 in the living room. luckily, I saved the old programmable thermostat, which is now getting replaced in a few minutes, instead of tomorrow.

On a motorway near us there is an ‘American’ restaurant I had this with a tomato sauce maybe Heinz and French’s mustard, it was tasty.

I have an issue with chicken places as when I was younger my dad was friendly with the health department and those big fat fryers had a bad habit of getting kamikaze rats, and the health department would warn the other departments, so I inspect my ‘chicken’ carefully. I also know if a burger place e.g MacDonalds had icecream milkshakes off the menu it was usually because the machine was mouldy, so I love them but again view them suspiciously and have had a bad tummy afterwards.
I make homemade milkshakes with real fruit,bananas a favourite, but since the diet began last year, they are harder to justify, have just found a nice icecream recipe which I plan to rest.
I used to eat burgers in buns, but a homemade burger or two and fried onions and/or mushrooms plus French’s mustard and heinz tomato sauce is way yummier.
KFC is dodgy,but I have eaten it many times over the years and enjoy it, yum yum, fries are rubbish,and I used to buy the bbq ribs which disappeared from the Uk donkeys years ago.
I have showed this picture several times, but it is worth a repeat the best desserts I have ever seen or tasted, I seriously doubt you have had better,fortunately or unfortunately this place is over a hundred miles from me, or I would be the size of a pregnant porker…grins….View attachment 149527View attachment 149528View attachment 149529View attachment 149530View attachment 149531View attachment 149532View attachment 149533View attachment 149534View attachment 149535View attachment 149536
Black forest gateaux or the trifle for me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back