Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk that I cut short because of lightning and incoming storm front. It only rained maybe a 1/10". Around here you don't mess with lightning. ☠️ After getting cleaned up and breakfast I did a couple of chores in the house then vegged. We were supposed to go to lunch with daughter's family, but it was changed to supper. Next week will be busier for me Wed-Fri.

Tom- Great scenes.

Toot- Interesting info.

Sherrel- Take a break for a while if you need it but come back. The only social media I am on is here and one other MRR forum. I deleted FB about 2.5 years ago and don't miss it at all.

Jaz- Nice detailing. Did you make them?

Todd- You mentioned burnt ends and my mind went immediately to BBQ.

Troy- Now I understand the back area (harbor). What's the radius of the loop around in front of the helix?

TomO- The bridge scene is fantastic.

Karl- Good news and an easy fix without any damage.

I hope everyone has a good day.
15" according to Railmodler Pro. It only uses "libraries" of existing track manufacturers, and their libraries are out of date. So the choices are limited. I found 19" radius in Atlas and 15" in another manufacturer. Didn't feel like converting mm to Inches to get a curve from the European manufacturers.

Here's the first bench piece up.
Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 2.21.15 PM.png
Top of the bench work is at 34 inches. That should give me enough room for some ply and foamboard.

Willie as of late this has become even more complex. Unfortunately the randomize part of the code follows a pattern. I actually found this out in 1986 while writing my first golf handicapping program. Someone smarter than me used it to beat Keno. Then some people used the defect to beat online card games, Now the whole randomized routine is based on atmospheric radiation.
Swal

Willie as of late this has become even more complex. Unfortunately the randomize part of the code follows a pattern. I actually found this out in 1986 while writing my first golf handicapping program. Someone smarter than me used it to beat Keno. Then some people used the defect to beat online card games, Now the whole randomized routine is based on atmospheric radiation.
Swal
Programming left me behind in the late 90's when our company began putting Microsoft Office on our PC's. I used mainly Access, Excel and Word. Prior to that, we had something called Info/Access and Lotus 1,2,3. Info/Access was very similar to what you posted earlier. Eventually it was easier to ask my buddy, the IT Manager, to program stuff as he became more familiar with programming, plus the company eventually locked me out of the "back door".

Good afternoon. It's very windy and 78.
Most of you know I moved into our fifth wheel camper in Florida temporarily, until I could find a small house or apartment to live in permanently.
Well, that was the plan.
With converted toolsheds fetching $1500/month, and a one bedroom apartment even more than that, it looks like I'm going to be in the fifth wheel a lot longer than I hoped for, or intended.
The good news is, it's a pretty big trailer, with plenty of room for one person and no pets.
The bad news is, there isn't a space big enough to put up my 4x8 N scale layout.
After nearly 6 months, I've come up with a solution, though it, like my living arrangements, are not what I wanted.
I made a deal, and swapped a few N scale trains for a reasonable-sized N layout that will fit (barely) in my living room, over top of the couch I never use. The new layout is 30"x78", with a 6" area at the front for the controls.
The layout, being smaller, has sharper curves, and does not respond well at all to longer equipment.
So, A lot of my big engines, cars, and passenger equipment will be exiting the property, as well as the layout.
I doubt anybody will want to drive to Florida to get the layout, but if you do, I will make you such a deal on it. I really hate to trash it and take it to the dump, after all the work I put into it, but after the storage unit rent went up for the third time in the 6 months I've been here, and the way the place I work has been bending me over, something's gotta go. I can't see spending $3000 in storage fees for the next couple of years, and ending up tossing it anyway.
So, without further ado, here are a couple of pics of the "new" layout:
IMG_3969.jpg
IMG_3970.jpg

Good afternoon. It's very windy and 78.
Most of you know I moved into our fifth wheel camper in Florida temporarily, until I could find a small house or apartment to live in permanently.
Well, that was the plan.
With converted toolsheds fetching $1500/month, and a one bedroom apartment even more than that, it looks like I'm going to be in the fifth wheel a lot longer than I hoped for, or intended.
The good news is, it's a pretty big trailer, with plenty of room for one person and no pets.
The bad news is, there isn't a space big enough to put up my 4x8 N scale layout.
After nearly 6 months, I've come up with a solution, though it, like my living arrangements, are not what I wanted.
I made a deal, and swapped a few N scale trains for a reasonable-sized N layout that will fit (barely) in my living room, over top of the couch I never use. The new layout is 30"x78", with a 6" area at the front for the controls.
The layout, being smaller, has sharper curves, and does not respond well at all to longer equipment.
So, A lot of my big engines, cars, and passenger equipment will be exiting the property, as well as the layout.
I doubt anybody will want to drive to Florida to get the layout, but if you do, I will make you such a deal on it. I really hate to trash it and take it to the dump, after all the work I put into it, but after the storage unit rent went up for the third time in the 6 months I've been here, and the way the place I work has been bending me over, something's gotta go. I can't see spending $3000 in storage fees for the next couple of years, and ending up tossing it anyway.
So, without further ado, here are a couple of pics of the "new" layout:View attachment 167560View attachment 167561
That's actually a really nice little layout.

Good Afternoon

Terry - I really like that little layout; and at least you have one.

Lots going on in the air around here, on this very warm, sunny Sunday afternoon.
I'll call it the Battle over Whitecourt, for which I am a lawn chair rubber-necker.
FireFighter_04-30-2021 (1).JPG
Firefighter_04-30-2023 (2).JPG
Firefighter_04-30-2021 (3).JPG
Firefighter_04-30-2021 (4).JPG

All those aircraft are trying to put out that CN derailment fire. It's still out of control at this point.
I don't know if the CN guys driving that train made it through, or not. Hope so, but I haven't heard anything.

Have a great afternoon.

I'm sure you can see the diagram of the layout on the control panel, with all the turnout controls placed on the locations corresponding to the turnouts.
Unfortunately, Helen Keller made that diagram, with Stevie Wonder as a consultant, and mounted the turnout controls. About the only thing that matches the layout is the fact it's sort of an oval. So, I'm going to be remapping the diagram, and moving some turnout controls, to get things somewhat close to where they really are on the layout. It was a series of WTF moments when I flipped the switch for one turnout, and a turnout on the opposite end of the layout threw.

I'm sure you can see the diagram of the layout on the control panel, with all the turnout controls placed on the locations corresponding to the turnouts.
Unfortunately, Helen Keller made that diagram, with Stevie Wonder as a consultant, and mounted the turnout controls. About the only thing that matches the layout is the fact it's sort of an oval. So, I'm going to be remapping the diagram, and moving some turnout controls, to get things somewhat close to where they really are on the layout. It was a series of WTF moments when I flipped the switch for one turnout, and a turnout on the opposite end of the layout threw.
Have you looked at the wiring, could be hooked up wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back