Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You live in the most politically correct state there is, I can't imagine what you could've said to upset someone. Sorry to say but we don't live in a Hallmark world.
I went back nearly 10 pages and didn't see any posts by Sherrel in those pages, so apparently he may not have been talking about one of his posts. Perhaps it was just a general observation? He is right about one thing - some people are thin skinned.

Good morning, dang near afternoon gang!

Been up since 9 (its now 11:30) We've been having thunderstorms and heavy rain since about 7 a.m. SWMBO went down the basement to start a load of laundry and ran back up to report the basement was flooding. I went down to see what was the matter. Sure enough, water everywhere. I went to the back basement door and opened it allowing more water in, plunged my hand down to the drain and came up with a handful of "helicopters" a.k.a. Maple seeds from the tree out front. Those hard wind the last few days must have deposited a few hundred of the basement stairwell. Soon the water was receding and heading for the sump pump. I got out the shop vac and started pulling up water. I wound up dumping the vacuum about 6 times. Now the floor is almost dry, heater and dehumidifier running. Morning excitement is over. Nothing damaged, nothing really got wet except some laundry on the floor that needed washing anyway.

Sherril, Stay, we got your back, anybody criticize you, we'll whoop their a$$e$ !

Tony, I agree, what nonsense?

BBL

To offset the recent spate of beer pics, here’s my McAllisters Tea and wife’s Diet Coke
IMG_8983.jpeg

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk that I cut short because of lightning and incoming storm front. It only rained maybe a 1/10". Around here you don't mess with lightning. ☠️ After getting cleaned up and breakfast I did a couple of chores in the house then vegged. We were supposed to go to lunch with daughter's family, but it was changed to supper. Next week will be busier for me Wed-Fri.

Tom- Great scenes.

Toot- Interesting info.

Sherrel- Take a break for a while if you need it but come back. The only social media I am on is here and one other MRR forum. I deleted FB about 2.5 years ago and don't miss it at all.

Jaz- Nice detailing. Did you make them?

Todd- You mentioned burnt ends and my mind went immediately to BBQ.

Troy- Now I understand the back area (harbor). What's the radius of the loop around in front of the helix?

TomO- The bridge scene is fantastic.

Karl- Good news and an easy fix without any damage.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back