Running Bear’s November 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to replace our Maytag dryer after three years. The matching washer still works fine, as does the replacement GE dryer.

Terry - The way they make products now is just a crap shoot. When I bought my washer, 3 weeks ago, I talked to a service tech before the purchase and told me, to the effect, it's just a crap shoot.

It seems the very high-end machines are fetching better reviews, but I don't have a budget to purchase $1200 - $1400 machines.

We bought one of the very first Maytag Neptune washers in 1999. After numerous issues it lasted about 6 years and Maytag ended up getting sued. Out of that settlement we got $25 towards a new Maytag appliance. Never bought another Maytag. The lawsuit did the company in and is now owned by Whirlpool. I still haven't bought another Maytag anything, but never had any issues with the Whirlpool stuff I've bought over the years.

Beady - Waiting to see what you do with the additional space on the left.
Just waiting for a couple more double crossovers to arrive in the mail. Btw, I told you that I think slow? After my long-winded description the other day, I forgot something. Remember that a double crossover will be connecting the two halves of a figure 8; well, each half of the 8 will contain an inner loop, and each inner loop will be connected to its respective outer loop by a double crossover. By throwing three switches, a train will be able to navigate both inner loops and the outer loop; throw them a different way and I'll be able to run as many as four trains at once, plus operate the features inside each inner loop (turntable, yard, etc).

Grandiose plans, but I think I can pull it off.

FB_IMG_1561404058111.jpg

Howdy everyone!

Thanks to everyone who liked my last post!

Patrick - thanks for the comment on my derail fix
Joe - thanks for the photo comment
Garry - really like your layout photo. it blends very well with the background.
Curt - the derail fix is working very well. I ran trains for 1½ hours with no problems.
Ray - the last group of photos - 2 thumbs up
Chet - I like the photos and the rant. I heard other people having problems with those products. I just replaced my 24
year old Whirlpool washer. Real happy with it. So I bought another Whirlpool. This one is electronic and I don't
have the faith in it as my old mechanical washer. Time will tell.

I'm posting 3 photos, as the set belongs together. But this just goes to prove my age is starting to show. I couldn't remember if I posted these before or not. I had a list of posted photos and looked for it. I couldn't find it. :rolleyes::)

Sitting here eating a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and coffee - I am wishing everyone a . . .
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

The Accident
IorVQZU.jpg

The Cause
bl6ujux.jpg

The Recovery
tKoCPET.jpg
Dangerous work. Doesn't look like there was much to sit it on once they got it up!

Evening All,

Did a bunch of small chores including setting up tables for 16 people and the Christmas tree (so the grand kids can decorate it tomorrow):). Happy Thanksgiving to everyone since I probably won't be on tomorrow.

Toot- Nice 1:1 photos. Nothing like a train ride that clings to the side of a mountain.o_O

Chet- That really blows. I've always had good luck with Samsung, but have never owned a LG appliance.

Johnny- Nice scene.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening. It's clear and 51.
In addition to everything else going on here, I had to get two prescriptions filled today. One is for blood pressure medicine, the other is for migraines.
My insurance premiums went up again last month, and it looks like my deductibles and copays also went up. I say "looks like", because I have absolutely no idea how much anything is, and have zero documentation to tell me.
Anyway, imagine mu surprise when I discovered my copay for the blood pressure medicine is 70 cents more than the full retail price for uninsured customers. And my further surprise when I discovered copay for the migraine medicine is a dollar more for four doses than full retail is for 9 doses.
Add to that my increased premiums, and my $10,000 deductible... Oh, my copay for a doctor's office visit is now $100. Walk in price for that is $120.

Other than that, I got a replacement geared wheelset for a BLI E7 that had a cracked gear, so it's back on the road. Good news on the train front, anyway.

Good Morning again Everyone. It's now 40° and the cloudy turned into a thunderstorm that left me 1.6" in the gauge. System is headed for Johnny with freezing rain, It already dumped precipitation on Patrick, although it doesn't look like it matched our total. Storm system is out of the SW, so even though there will be rain with it, our temperature will continue to rise for the next 48 hours from here.

Expecting a slow morning Francine? Flo's off and it's just you and Mel here this morning. I'll take something easy then, scrambled eggs and a few sausage links.

There was quite a ruckus in the train shed this morning. It seems that Jimbo and Nate were having trouble with Thanksgiving supper.
11-28-19 003.001.JPG

11-28-19 004.001.JPG

Granny wanted a goose instead of a turkey, and they are much noisier.

I did spend a little time out in the train shed yesterday, but only ran trains. Won't make it out there again today due to...well you know!

Ray - Didn't see the MRL pictures until this morning. That photographer got some very good shots.
Chet - Thanks for the comment and the comments on Ray's post.
Johnny - Aaron's looks right at home, and I agree about a few more customers.

Everybody have a great Thanksgiving Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back