Recent wedding

Railroad Joe

Engineer, RI #424
Hello modeler's & railfans!!

Just wanted to post a couple of pictures of our wedding on June 27th, 2008 as Michelle and I decided to include our hobbies into our wedding.

Michelle collect's Coca Cola "stuff" and, of course, I collect HO Scale model railroad equipment(better than saying "model trains")

In the picture of our wedding cake is our hats, the Athearn 2004 Holiday train set running on a figure 8, and 2 "O" Scale billboards on each side cake.

The left billboard says "Travel to your honeymoon destination by train! Chicago-Kansas City-Los Angeles. The right billboard has a picture of a steam locomotive & it's engineer enjoying a bottle of Coca Cola and says "Travel refreshed"

In the backround next to each side of us is a Scotchlite Rock Island herald, sealed in laminate, so it will stay that way for a very long time. Next to Michelle is a 46" round Coca Cola metal sign we purchased off eBay.

The second picture is us after the ceremony wearing our engineer's hats.

Now onto a life of wedded bliss and enjoying our hobbies.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Joe!:)

How did you manage to find a great woman like that. I bet she doesn't even call model railroading "CUTE" like my wife does.:p

Best of luck in your future. Enjoy those trains together.

Congratulations to you and your new wife, Joe. Very creative way to combine both your hobbies in one wedding. Hang on to her - I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't have approved of our wedding cake being in the middle of a figure 8. :)

Congratulations, Joe!
Hope you have many years of happiness. Looks like you're on the right track (pun intended). :)

Congrats!! April and mine is 10/26 of this year. No train theme stuff in it. However the hobby store I goto,one of the owners had gotten married about a year ago. He had a steam engine and tender made into an ice sculpture and had ice cubes made to look like coal in the tender. It was pretty neat.

Oops, I missed an opportunity to say congratulations, Joe. So, all the best to you and She Who Now Will be Obeyed. :p

-Crandell

To Joe & Michelle, Congratulatrions!!

That's quite a creative way of combining both your hobies!!

The Best to you both!

David S.

Back