Recent photos from Sweethome Alabama

I finally got the layout back up at New Year, so I thought I'd take some new photos showing areas which are not normally seen from the front of the layout. The subjects are an Intermountain U18B and an Athearn CF7, as yet unweathered or sound-fitted.

midsouth-3.jpg

midsouth-1.jpg

u18b-2.jpg

u18b_-_4.jpg

And one from the front

midsouth-4.jpg

Jon

Very nice photos. One of the keys, other than your excelent modeling, is the way the backdrop photo adds to the scenes. It is very good in a low key way. Jim

Those are some very nice shots! Thanks for sharing, I especially like the 3rd and 4th shots in the first post with the bridges!

Great work as always. I travel to Alabama regularly [my wife has relatives down there] and it looks exactly like your modeled scenes.

[O/T - love the avatar, I listened to that album a lot in the days of my youth!:cool:]

I was just in Alabama last week visiting family & friends. I like the BS units. I've done a few myself. I have a small carefully hoarded supply of the out of production Microscale decal sets. I also have a few photos of those ex-EJ&E units, including some SW-1500's that the last of my blue Box Athearns will get painted into. Very nice work!

No trackplan as of yet, but you do get a reasonable idea of the trackwork from this photo showing the two main boards side by side.

316684_298779586807642_201342969884638_1195731_685637814_n.jpg

Jon

Very nice.

I haven't gotten into the weathering yet...

I hope to soon, just as soon as I finish the scenery on my layout

Great work, where is the Wiregrass Central based out of Dothan? Ive never heard of it. Im building a prototype of St Joe, using A&N railway and others I see in Panama City.

Back