Quebec North Shore and Labrador

D&h 1976

After some consideration this weekend I'm changing the area and era that I will model. I'm changing direction from a northern Canadian mineral line to the D&H.

After inventorying my N Scale rolling stock I settled on the D&H because I have two C628's on hand that are lettered for the D&H, I have an unlettered PA1, and three undecorated RS11's, and one undecorated RS3. I recently picked up two more D&H C628's at a good price.

I lived near the D&H, for a few years, and like the equipment, and scenery. The fact that it is a bridge line helped in my decision. The Binghampton, NY area I will model hosted interchange with numerous railroads. I have a set of GP18's which will get painted in the Susquehanna yellow and black. Then there is equipment for the LV, EL, PC, CR etc.. The time frame is 1974-1978.

The loop in the plan may end up stacked over another loop for interchange. The area exiting the layout in the upper left will become the Beaver St. yard in Binghampton. Binghampton my end up being called a composite NY name because my version will be considerably smaller than the namesake city.

The idea for the layout is that it is an impression of life, for my enjoyment, and the enjoyment of the guests at the train shows it is taken to.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a one-ended siding running tightly parallel to the main from about center to the lower peninsula's mid-point...not quite that far. A terminal track of some sort. What is its purpose? It looks like it will block the viewer's appreciation of the main line trains which will run behind it. Would it not be better to have that track behind the main?

Crandell

Siding

I think you were referring to the siding leading to a proposed industry at the upper right of the plan. My revision in the thumb nail should clarify this. I added a run around in this version. I did an update to this this morning and will load the image shortly.

JA

Back