Programming DCC

grp318

I am currently using a Bachmann ez-command dcc controller. I need to program my engines to start slower and stop faster. I know the ez-command cant re-program the decoders, but curious if there is software for my Mac that can do this, if so how would I connect it. Or another option. Any suggestions?

I don't understand your question. Or at least half your question. Or all your question.

I have the Bachmann EZ C. I have no problems with slow start up. SO I don't understand that part.

And as far as stopping, well you have to plan in advance and slow down your loco, not just cut total power to stop! SO I guess I understand that part.

Oh, now I get it, if you want "1 scale MPH creep" you won't get it with the EZ C. You will have to upgrade to a more advanced system.
But My EZ C works for me.

You would need a software capable of reading and programming the decoder. JMRI Decoder Pro is such a programme, but I don't believe it is coded for a Mac. Could be wrong about that.

You also need a way to physically link the decoder with the computer, so a cable of some kind. I believe NCE and Digitrax make such items.

JMRI does support Mac, but I don't think JMRI will work with Bachmann EZ Command.

And as Crandell has suggested NCE, Digitrax and many other DCC controllers have hardware capable of connecting to a computer.

You can check out JMRI at their website here:

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/

Back