Oops

UPBigBoy

J&A Paint Shops
Just a word of warning -

I had an area to mask off but it had some really hard areas to try and get masking tape into; I get one thin piece in where the edge was so I thought - I had a bottle of Micro Mask around and I've used it before with good results. So I applied the Micro Mask to the rough, open areas where I didn't want the second colour, sprayed the second colour and set it off to dry. OOPS - I was using acrylic based paint now and guess what happened - you guessed it - the Micro Mask either lifted the first colour off and if it didn't it etched it enough that it was VERY visible.

If you are using acrylic based paints DO NOT use Micro Mask as it will basically dissolve the paint it's covering. It does work well with lacquer or enamel based paints

I ALWAYS spray gloss coat between colors before masking, so the masking tape does NOT pull the paint, if anything it pulls up the clear coat.

I ALWAYS spray gloss coat between colors before masking, so the masking tape does NOT pull the paint, if anything it pulls up the clear coat.
I always spray another coat of the same color that is being masked OVER the mask before I switch to the next color.

Back