New to model training - n scale Minitrix

Jose maio

Hello everybody! My name is Jose and I’m from Portugal. At 50 years old I decided to start doing something I always wanted - model trains. Weeks after I started and after a long period of reading online reviews and watching YouTube videos I decided to go with 2 main brands: ESU for electronics and Minitrix from Märklin for tracks, signals and other track related items.
It was easy for me to find tutorials for the ESU products and on DCC with them but it as been a pain to find any information on how to connect the wires to the track.
I’m now the proud owner of the first 99 tracks for the first part out of 4 for my layout with tracks with blocks, tracks with feeders, electric turnouts, tracks with Dcc signal imputs, etc… I have all the parts but no idea about how and where to start or in wish order should I put them or if I need to cut or change any parts to work properly with out burning the house!
Does anybody knows how to help me?
ps- even do I’ve already spent a fortune in the most expensive track I could find I don’t have a train or a running track to enjoy so what I been doing is buil the layout and not much more! Lolololol
Thank you all and I’m looking forward to be a active member of this foru.

Hello everybody! My name is Jose and I’m from Portugal. At 50 years old I decided to start doing something I always wanted - model trains. Weeks after I started and after a long period of reading online reviews and watching YouTube videos I decided to go with 2 main brands: ESU for electronics and Minitrix from Märklin for tracks, signals and other track related items.
It was easy for me to find tutorials for the ESU products and on DCC with them but it as been a pain to find any information on how to connect the wires to the track.
I’m now the proud owner of the first 99 tracks for the first part out of 4 for my layout with tracks with blocks, tracks with feeders, electric turnouts, tracks with Dcc signal imputs, etc… I have all the parts but no idea about how and where to start or in wish order should I put them or if I need to cut or change any parts to work properly with out burning the house!
ps- even do I’ve already spent a fortune in the most expensive track I could find I don’t have a train or a running track to enjoy so what I been doing is buil the layout and not much more! Lolololol
Thank you all and I’m looking forward to be a active member of this foru.
Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately I know little about Marklin, but someone here will.

To show how committed to the success of my project, here are the first cliff/mountain I ever did in my life Lolol
Started yesterday and finished today and todays from now… start painting 😎

Attachments

• E577ADCC-0254-48CF-AA87-690BE4854488.jpeg
    E577ADCC-0254-48CF-AA87-690BE4854488.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 62652898-034F-4260-A0C3-26350CCBBF5C.jpeg
    62652898-034F-4260-A0C3-26350CCBBF5C.jpeg
    490 KB · Views: 70
  • 4C2A565C-7CEC-4AA4-9BF8-2E4F88D8A3AB.jpeg
    4C2A565C-7CEC-4AA4-9BF8-2E4F88D8A3AB.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 52
  • B492F51A-4D25-4EF3-9523-52A1FE0CFDDA.jpeg
    B492F51A-4D25-4EF3-9523-52A1FE0CFDDA.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 58
Hi! having problems replying to all... the forum dosnt let me post my reply from my phone. Any idea why???
I made the cliff from pine tree skins, hot glue and plaster for home use.

I decided to go with Minitrix from Märklin for tracks, ..... but it as been a pain to find any information on how to connect the wires to the track.
I just looked at some pictures of the Minitrix track. Looks like pretty standard track to me (no Marklin hidden 3rd rail stuff going on there). There are basically two ways to connect the wires to the track. Either one purchases special "terminal" track sections to hook the wires to (see first link below, or one solders a wire to one of the rail joiners (or buy them as in 2nd link below). Basically, two wires from the DCC unit to the track.

https://www.amazon.com/Marklin-World-Contact-Track-2-Piece/dp/B0000WRESE

https://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Nickel-Silver-Terminal-Joiners/dp/B0006O7RA6

Does this help?

Back