New on here from the UK

Engine Driver

Official Gov't Taxpayer
Hi all, just signed on here, thought I would say hello. My sons and myself have been modelling the US in ho for a while now, we're most likely doing it all wrong but still, we're having fun which is what it's all about. Regard James

New from England

Hi James and Sons.
You can't be doing it wrong if you're having fun, perhaps the correct word would be "creative"
What part of England?
Welcome on board, some pictures would be nice.
Mac

Hi Mac, thanks for the welcome, we live in a town called Chesterfield in Derbyshire. I will try to upload a few photo's tomorrow as it's nearly midnight here right now and I was about to call it a day for today. Best regards James

Chesterfield, as in sofa? :D

Greetings. I agree with the gentleman before me, both that you are welcome and that you need an attitude adjustment if having fun is making you feel self-conscious. T'is what the hobby is all about!!!:p The fun, I mean.

Hello and welcome aboard. The hobby is all about having fun and being creative. Really there is no wrong way of doing something. Everyone has their own style of how to build a model railroad.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. Yes Selector, as in the sofa, it's a real comfortable place to live!:D Here a few photo's as promised, they were only taken with my phone so the quality is not great, sorry about that.
046.jpg
045.jpg
017.jpg
108338_184228.jpg
108338_183940.jpg
013.jpg
004.jpg
108328_125015.jpg

more photos, hopefully!
108338_183244.jpg

108338_183610.jpg

012-1.jpg

108338_183221-1.jpg

108328_125015.jpg

045.jpg

017.jpg

108338_184228.jpg

108338_183940.jpg

013.jpg

Thats better, hope you like them, the layout is nowhere near finished, and so I will post more photo's as work goes along if you would like me to, Best regards James

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Pic's

Thanks for the pictures.
Wow you've got a lot of good stuff going on. Well done.
If you think that you might, in the future "finish" your layout???? Dream on. It will be a "work in progress" for ever.
Mac

Yes Mac you are quite right, that was a bad choice of words there on my part, a layout is of course never "finished" and should it ever near that stage then it's most likely time to tear it down and build another!! James.

I saw a finnish railroad once. The guy had done a really good job. He even made it look cold and wintry. :D

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, it's given me a lift to press on and do some more. It's sometimes difficult to keep up the momentum when you model alone (with sons). Thanks again, I really appreciate it. Best regards James

Ah ok, did you get to the N.E.C this year? We went this year for the first time in a long while, had quite a good day even though a bit tiring. Still managed to spend up though!!:D
James.

^I didn't actually. I've not been for a few years either, and I had planned to go but decided last minute not to. The layout was on the back burner at the time which was one of the deciding factors.

Then, only a few weeks later, I got my "second wind" and have started plans for a new layout. Needless to say I'm kicking myself for not going.

I know what you mean though, its easy to spend a fortune there.

Back